As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The slack jawed faggots mostly come out at night...Mostly.

2»

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    These are pretty much the last movies that need a remake...

What the fuck hollywood?

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Doodmann wrote: »
    These are pretty much the last movies that need a remake...

What the fuck hollywood?

money%2Bhat.png

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    yeah neli we all saw grindhouse

I didn't

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    alien is notable for its occurence of jazz hands though

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited May 2009
    grindhouse was both great and awful at the same time

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    edit: Also Carpenter's The Thing is probably a better Sci-Fi horror film than Alien.

"The Thing" is okay, but the special effects in it are starting to look a bit silly. I think Alien and Aliens holds up much better in that area

Are you fucking kidding me? The creature effects in that movie are fucking amazing.

I finally replaced my old vhs copy of it with the blu-ray release a few weeks ago and my jaw is on the goddamn floor every time I see it.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009

Mostly great, though.

Also the best Grindhouse trailer was "Don't"

Poorochondriac on
    edited May 2009
    SA wrote: »
    edit: Also Carpenter's The Thing is probably a better Sci-Fi horror film than Alien.

"The Thing" is okay, but the special effects in it are starting to look a bit silly. I think Alien and Aliens holds up much better in that area

Are you fucking kidding me? The creature effects in that movie are fucking amazing.

I finally replaced my old vhs copy of it with the blu-ray release a few weeks ago and my jaw is on the goddamn floor every time I see it.

The only effects I think look remotely good today is the first "transformation scene" where the dog transforms. Everything else just looks like puppets exploding in showers of blood and slime.

I mean when it first came out it was mind blowingly awesome but I recently rewatched it and a lot of the scenes are not really holding up well.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Mostly great, though.

Also the best Grindhouse trailer was "Don't"

It was one of the best theater experiences I've been too. Regardless of the movie the whole package was quite an event.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    edited May 2009
    SA wrote: »

The only effects I think look remotely good today is the first "transformation scene" where the dog transforms. Everything else just looks like puppets exploding in showers of blood and slime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehjqlzXwIQ

doesnt compare to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevQS4qgE_Q&feature=PlayList&p=12BEAC83496338AF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

(very similar scenes)

warning: blood and gore for you pussies

SA on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Guys here is something that's kind of been getting at me

When did they decide Predator and Alien(s) were in the same universe

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited May 2009
    actually I really like the alien stuff better

That scene in particular in "the thing" I found to be extremely silly. It's supposed to be disturbing but it's just too much with the puppet head and stuff

It just reminds me of the animatronics stuff in Total recall or something

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    Guys here is something that's kind of been getting at me

When did they decide Predator and Alien(s) were in the same universe

dark horse comic books I think

SA on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The Thing is thoroughly amazing. I love it, and everyone I know thinks it's stupid, which makes me love it even harder. But Alien is absolutely better.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I am stoked. I even love really bad movies, so if they suck, even better.

Metzger Meister on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Yeah but they might just be nutty poop bar mediocre, nobody likes that.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    edited May 2009
    apparently they started mixing aliens and predators in the late 80's

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    The predator had a Xenomorph skull as a trophy in Predator 2

Metzger Meister on
    edited May 2009
    the ending to predator 2 is awful

danny fucking glover beats a predator in hand to hand combat

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    the ending to predator 2 is awful

danny fucking glover beats a predator in hand to hand combat

He wasn't too old for that shit.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

What the fuck is this

Green on
    edited May 2009
    Green wrote: »

What the fuck is this

I know, right?

SA on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    edited May 2009
    wait so you can just mix any franchises you want

The Thing vs. Riddick! 3D!

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
    edited May 2009
    there are so many scenes in The Thing that just does not hold up (today). I get that it's a cult classic, but all I'm saying is that some of the 27 year old effects look silly. At least to me.

like the head with legs, or when the guy in the chair starts to transform and his eyes fluff up like balloons and then his head splits open and he starts chomping on some guy which is obviously a doll

and the last big monster in the final scene just looks straight up bad. It was supposed to be an "oh shit" moment but nowadays you just look at it and go "man that does look silly"

But some of the stuff, like the first scene in the dog pen, is pretty good even today.

And despite this I still love the movie because it is pretty great

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Goddammit. Not everything needs a fucking reboot. I wish Hollywood would get over this fucking craze. You reboot series that you can dick around in but still keep the same cast of characters. If you do a prequel to Alien there's no way in hell you can have Ripley. And fuck you for even trying to redo Predator.

No good could possibly come from this. Especially given the last entries in both series. Studios need to realize reboot does not equal box office gold. You need a competent director and cast to make it work and hiring joe schmucklefuck whose directing credits consist of music videos is not a good decision.

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited May 2009
    Goddammit. Not everything needs a fucking reboot. I wish Hollywood would get over this fucking craze. You reboot series that you can dick around in but still keep the same cast of characters. If you do a prequel to Alien there's no way in hell you can have Ripley. And fuck you for even trying to redo Predator.

No good could possibly come from this. Especially given the last entries in both series. Studios need to realize reboot does not equal box office gold. You need a competent director and cast to make it work and hiring joe schmucklefuck whose directing credits consist of music videos is not a good decision.

Did you even see who is behind these two projects?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited May 2009
    We need another Hulk reboot!

Just look at these scores from imdb:

Hulk (2003) - 5.8 / 10
    The Incredible Hulk (2008) - 7.2 / 10

That's a difference of 1.4 points! Based in this progression, a third reboot will get a score of 8.6/10! That's the same as Memento!

Then a fourth reboot and we've won imdb! GAME OVER MAN!

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    J3p wrote: »
    wait so you can just mix any franchises you want

The Thing vs. Riddick! 3D!

Rocky vs Bloodsport!

The Bloodite.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

That statement was more directed towards reboots in general. I was mid rant and didn't feel like separating thoughts.

The Otaku Suppository on
    edited May 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

That statement was more directed towards reboots in general. I was mid rant and didn't feel like separating thoughts.

I can dig that. I find myself hating the idea of them usually. Of course they are more often than not helmed by jackoffs. The Day the Earth Stood Still is a recent one that comes to mind. It was a worthless movie.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I can't hate the new version of TDTESS because if it wasn't for it coming out, I wouldn't have seen the original. Which was fucking incredible.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on