As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Keyboard/input device bullshit: the revenge

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm at a friend's house to help him work on his resume and we have discovered that several applications on his PC (Acer Aspire with Vista) will not accept keyboard input: while I can type in Firefox as I am right now, when we open up a Word or notepad document or the City of Heroes login screen, we can highlight text fields but they won't accept input. I"ve already tried swapping in a spare keyboard; no joy. Moreover, the offending programs aren't taking input from the on-screen virtual keyboard either.

This is similar to an ongoing problem I have been having with my own machine (although it only happens in games) and I am desperately interested in a solution both for his sake and my own.

Jacobkosh on

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I would guess it's some kind of malware app stealing focus, maybe? Download and run spybot, if that doesn't fix it, do the same with hijackthis. Then post on their forum, and see if they find something juicy.

Atheraal on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Atheraal wrote: »
    I would guess it's some kind of malware app stealing focus, maybe? Download and run spybot, if that doesn't fix it, do the same with hijackthis. Then post on their forum, and see if they find something juicy.

Cool, I've already got spybot and hijackthis but it didn't occur to me that this could be malware. Thanks.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Try Malwarebytes. I think the general word on the street is that it's better then Spybot.
    No harm in using both of course.

Mmmm... Cocks... on