Options

E3 2009 thread: Ask the developers questions!

2»

• Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am at the show too, I am always willing to investigate stuff to help PAers.

Not necessarily the right thread, but might any PA folks at the show be interested in a meet-up at some point, either during the show or after-hours?

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Chance wrote: »
    Sucker Punch
    Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
    Will the time-travel elements be a gameplay mechanic? Will you be able to move back and forth through time at will to solve puzzles, or is it merely a story device, with time-travel events occuring at specific moments throughout the narrative?

That would be insomniac, not Sucker Punch.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Sucker Punch
    Will the time-travel elements be a gameplay mechanic? Will you be able to move back and forth through time at will to solve puzzles, or is it merely a story device, with time-travel events occuring at specific moments throughout the narrative?

You sir are correct.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dev: Turn 10

Forza 3: Are there going to be more real world tracks that we haven't previously seen?

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    I am at the show too, I am always willing to investigate stuff to help PAers.

Not necessarily the right thread, but might any PA folks at the show be interested in a meet-up at some point, either during the show or after-hours?

I would, but... I'm going to bed now and won't see my computer again until I'm done with it! If you want to come up with a plan and let me know, you can find me on Tuesday or Wednesday right next to the NOA and Sony booths!

Stop by the Atlus booth to say hello and play some Steambot Chronicles!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dev: Ubisoft...Montreal, right?

SC Conviction: How much of what was initially shown years ago has been retained? Any at all?

EDIT: Also for Conviction: Any multiplayer?...if yes, cookies to elaborate?

...EDIT 2: Same Bat Game, Same Bat Developer - this is if you don't mind digging into them a bit: Was Sam's redesign a direct result of reaction from fans?

I've got some others probably coming, just need more time for them to percolate.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • Options
    JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If you happen to go to Zipper Interactive to find out information about MAG, see if Andy Beaudoin is there (lead designer). If so, tell him his band rocks, he has a lovely singing voice, and his Mom plays a sweet fiddle. :)

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anyone from ubisoft:

Tell me that the Beyond Good and Evil 2 footage was not faked and I won't shank you.

Also, is it coming to pc?

Edit: Also, Tim Schaefer:

Why did you choose to neglect the pc, the platform that was home to so many of your games, for Brutal Legend?

(you can see a pattern here)

Lalabox on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Sucker Punch

You sir are correct.

Arrrg six hours later I come back to this thread, see my post and boggle. I've had inFamous on the mind lately. I edit the post, scroll down... >.< and get called on my foible.

But yeah I am genuinely curious about the question if you have the time.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sega:

Will there EVER be a shenmue 3

Bioware
    when will we see Jade Empire 2?

Capcom
    Will you ever make a Marvel Vs Capcom 3 or Capcom Vs SNK 3?

Square
    Why do you hate your American fans so much? you make us wait an inappropriately long time for games then when you release them here you re-release them in Japan with tons of extra stuff that we never get to see (IE FF or KH international). what gives?

Artoria on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nintendo:

What's going on about Sin & Punishment 2 (seeing as how it was notably absent from your E3 presentation)?

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BTP wrote: »
    Nintendo:

What's going on about Sin & Punishment 2 (seeing as how it was notably absent from your E3 presentation)?

Its on the show floor, someone posted pictures of the booth in another thread.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nintendo:

Golden Sun DS:
    Will this new game have a silent protagonist? It was weird when the silent protagonist was switched from Isaac to Felix between the two games, making them speak in one game and not the other.

Can any details be revealed about the game's story or changes to gameplay?

Peewi on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nintendo/Team Ninja

Metroid Other M:
    Is it mostly 2D gameplay, or what exactly is it?

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    FirebrandFirebrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Capcom:

Two years ago there was talk of an "announcement" of a Gyakuten Saiban / Ace Attorney 5 game (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ace-attorney-5-announced). Is Gyakuten Kenji / Ace Attorney Investigations it, or is there a fifth installment in the main series under development?

Firebrand on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nintendo regarding Super Mario Galaxy 2

Will it have an orchestra soundtrack?

(If they say no, keep punching Reggie until they say yes. :P )

If yes, is it the same orchestra used in the original Galaxy?

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Final Fantasy 13:
    Any chance of a PC version?

Peewi on
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sega:
    Given the surge in popularity a considerable length of time after it first came out, is there any chance of a sequel to Valkyria Chronicles, or another game running on the same engine?

The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Insomniac Games
    Will the time-travel elements be a gameplay mechanic or is it merely a story device?
    I asked, but I didn't have a chance to interview them I was too busy. The answer is both.

Also to the rest of you I'm not just going to be throwing out answers like this unless I talked to the person in question but didn't actually get a chance to interview them. I've been able to ask some of the questions, but I've just been so busy I haven't even had a chance to play any games yet. I am so totally brain fried right now. Anyway we are doing a lot of filming and as soon as everything is done being edited and we can start broadcasting online.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    JONJONAUGJONJONAUG Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Atlus: When do we get Super Robot Wars Original Generations and OG Gaiden?

JONJONAUG on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Another one for Nintendo. I'm just not sure how to word this.

What is going on with the Kirby console game?!

Didn't this thing exist in the Gamecube days, get delayed, then was never heard of for years, and still there's nothing?

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    OK E3 is over, I'm tired and smelly, but I asked a lot of your questions, or as many as I could realistically ask. It will take a few days to edit all the footage and upload it, but when it's up I'll link it and you guys can all watch it and look for your questions being asked.

Looking through the list I'm noticing a lot I forgot, I printed out all your questions and tried to memorize as many as I could, but there was just, so much that I a lot of it slipped my mind. Also on a few big games that you guys asked questions for, I just didn't have time to check them or couldn't ask questions. Ubisoft was told us they were booked solid for Assassins Creed 2, EA didn't have anybody free for Mass Effect 2 to talk to, etc.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sorry for the bump, but, uh, is that link showing the answers to our questions going to get posted? Or did I miss something in this whole thing?

BTP on
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!

Nintendo DS:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    BTP wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump, but, uh, is that link showing the answers to our questions going to get posted? Or did I miss something in this whole thing?

Oh wow I didn't even notice the bump. Ok ok, here's the answer to everything going on right now. I've gotten PMs, and IMs and notes, etc asking when all the questions are going to be answered and I'm chomping at the bit to see it all myself, but here's the deal.

We got over 15 hours of footage at E3 and only one guy, ONE is editing it all together along with all the b-roll that the companies gave us, as well as editing hours of footage for some SF4 tourney that I wasn't at. I feel kinda bad for the guy and the amount of work he has on his plate right now, but he's working hard on editing all the footage, it's been more work than he could handle at the time. So the bad news is that it might take another week or two (which means it won't exactly be timely with E3 being over a month and all, but just lesson learned for next year and editing crew planned), the good news is that there will be hours upon hours of interview footage all over E3 with quite a few of your questions being asked, the ones that I could remember to ask anyway. I've been waiting just as much as everyone else, I mean there is nothing I could do to speed up the editing process, I was just the on camera talent.

Though there is one video nugget I can offer to tide you guys over. Here is a single interview clip from our time with EA that was webcast live. Just a couple of things to keep in mind though, this is low quality, unedited, raw footage that was live webcast over the already stressed EA network, the actual footage that's going up on LAGtv will all be high quality and edited together with game footage and such. This is one of the only bits of raw footage I've even seen myself, but the guy editing everything says that he's been really impressed so far with the rest of the footage and says it's going to be great.

http://ufragtv.com/recorded/video/20933

Keep in mind that this event was my first time being the focus on camera interviewing people and such, as well as my first time broadcasting anything live. I'm learning the trade so bare with me and offer up any suggestions you have so that I can improve. Mind you once the real footage goes up and I can watch it I can critique myself as well, I already noticed a few things I want to change about myself from this little bit of raw footage.

Anyway the moment I hear that the footage is all done being edited and put up I'll let you guys know. Now since there is 15 hours of footage (I don't know what it is going to be condensed down to), I don't know how I would link to everybodies questions individually. So I'm just going to link to the main interview section and you can pick the interview that corresponds to your questions I believe.

Bottom line though, when everything is done editing and up, it's going to be awesome. I even got plugs from a few celebs like Cliff Blizinski (awesome guy to hang with btw) and Vern Troyer. :D

Edit: BTW the clip is being hosted on a sister site called Ufrag, which is basically a hosting/streaming site like JustinTV and Ustream, but dedicated directly to gaming. It's worth checking out, and for example a lot of people here like to do (Let's Play)s where they cronical their experiences through a game for PAers, well you could also brodcast live and chat about it while you play.

The_Spaniard on