The Second Annual Phalla Awards
A long time ago, in a small kingdom off the coast of England called "Phalla" there lived an awards show host. This was no ordinary awards show host, because he had died roughly one year ago. Some might whisper of his magical powers, others might call him a wizard, but the king knew the man was a god. And this god traveled in time blah blah blah one fourth of the village were actually vampires blah blah blah some stuff happened and then the awards show started again!
"Once again, the first award I am pleased to announce to you is titled 'The Second Annual Phalla Award for the Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game
', and it should be fairly self explanatory. Also up for the vote is Best Player Who is Also a Moderator or Admin
Here, the host stopped for a moment and squinted at the teleprompter.
"This looks familiar. I've just been asked if I said goodbye to my wife this morning. Is this some sort of repeat joke? I demand that the perpetrator of this hurglghglhgl."
The zombie games host toppled over, a zombie-killing sword stuck in his stomach. The people of Phalla were used to shenanigans like this and therefore unimpressed. They immediately began discussing their votes for the first award.
- Vote will close at 10 PM EST every day for a few weeks
- Vote in an appropriate color for each award and make it clear which award you are nominating or voting for if there are two.
- "Don't be inactive. I require two posts a day, including votes. I will not be culling the inactives on a daily basis, but I will get around to dealing with them eventually. If you can't be around on a given day, letting me know beforehand will increase your chances of avoiding my wrath. If you can't play anymore, let me know so I can find a replacement." (Note: not a real rule.)
- Role PMs may not be quoted, only paraphrased. Anonymous contact is prohibited. (Note: a real rule.)
- Any external boards that are created for the purpose of talking about this game must be posted and mocked.
- This is about roasting and toasting, not flaming and shaming.
- All actions are to be sent to thorgot. Clarification requests should be posted in the thread or PMed to the GM (thorgot). Questions about vote counts should probably be sent to MrBlarney even though he has nothing to do with this.
- If you received a PM, you have to participate. If you didn't receive a PM, you have to participate. If you don't participate, you will regret it!
- I won't be able to (don't want to) come up with 15 narrations on my own, so various people will help me out. If you would like to be one of these people, PM or IM or post in the thread. Please.
- Games that are in progress may not be discussed.
Everybody who has ever played.
These awards cover the past year. All games ending before May 4, 2008 are disqualified. All games ending on or after May 4, 2008 are eligible. All games ending after June 3rd, 2009 are disqualified. This might provide a tiny bit of overlap with last year, but will make things more consistent if this is ever run again. All CF main games starting with Phallastar Phallactica, all minis starting with Twisted Metal, and all D&D games starting with Gods and Mortals qualify. The two SE++ games in 2008 qualify, as does the moderator game.
All dates and games above are ± days in a week - sqrt(who cares, this is for fun).
This post and the post after it
have complete (to the best of my knowledge) lists of games. Here
is a link to the previous awards.
Week 1 (6/4 to 6/10)
Week 2 (6/11 to 6/18)
- Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game (The Lady Eri Award) (Nominations)
B:L and the Evil Eight for revealing before the game was over
- Most Veteran Play by a New Player (The Least Dumb New Guy Award) (Nominations)
Spectrum in Suikoden Phalla
- Memest Meme (The Everything's Peaceful Prettiest Princess MSPaint Battle Spectre Spectrum Five Award) (Nominations)
- Best or Most Exciting or Coolest or Most Epic Role Claim or Reveal (The Athan Award) (Nominations)
Spectrum 5 reveal from Gumpy's Super Robot Mini
- Best Game Ending, Closest Game Ending (The Traitors Unite Award and The Dewey Defeats Truman Award) (Nominations)
Best: Snow Crash
Closest: Captain Planet Phalla and Galactic Senate Phalla
- Most Successful Gambit or Betrayal (The Oh-Shit-He-Was-A-Traitor Award) (Nominations)
iamtheaznman in World of Phalla: Online Craft for convincing the village to vote out the seer who had claimed he was evil and then becoming network head
- Best Writing By a Host or Co-Host (The Bestselling Novelist Award) (Nominations)
Quoth for Folie à Plusieurs, Innsmouth, Discworld, etc
Bonus Awards (in some order and timeframe according to whim)
- Best Abuse of Mechanics or Powers (The Oh-God-What-Was-The-GM-Thinking Award) (Nominations)
Burnage for Homing missiles in King of Phallaters, Vlad in Max Payne Phalla, Orochi in King of Phallaters
- Most Innovative Game Mechanics (Nominations)
Infidel and MrBlarney for Legend of the Red Dragon
- Worst Player (Nominations)
- Worst Game (Nominations)
- Best Host (Nominations)
MrBlarney & Infidel, Tag Team Deluxe
- Best Player (Nominations)
- Best Game, Mini (Nominations)
The Thing (Kay)
- Best Game, Main (Nominations)
Vampire: The Masquerade: Gehenna (cj iwakura)
People Who Will Be Narrators List
Questions I have for you
- Best Player Who is Also a Moderator/Admin (The We Love You Tube Award) - Thanatos
- Most Mentally Disturbing Narration or Post - Dac Vin's cake story about kime
- Best / Worst Post Restriction - Hylianbunny in Gehenna
- "Most Deaths in a Day" (The Intentionally Left Vague Award) - Varcayn's bomb in Phallaman X (14 deaths on that night, or 21% of the players)
- Worst Role Claim or Reveal (The Nobody's Buying What You're Selling Award) - Gandalf_the_Crazed's constant stream of reveals during Chrono Phalla.
- Most Hilariously Complicated or Confusing Phalla - Suikoden
- Best Proboards (The Mind-Raping Eye-Vomiting Color Scheme Award) - Fantastical Castle
- Least Repulsive Player (The Real Prettiest Princess Award) - lonelyahava
- Most Over the Top Player aka Best PrecisionK Imitation (The God Emperor Award) - precisionk
- Most Typecast Player (The "I'm Always Good! Honest!" award) - Rainfall for Most Likely to Go Inactive if They're Not Evil
- Most Hardcore Player - MrBlarney and/or B:L
- Lifetime Achievement for Dying on Day One - kime
- Most Enduring / Publically Known Grudge - Thetheroo/Maximus
- Worst Team (Village, Mafia, or Other) - The village in Phallaman X
- Best Avatar and/or Signature - Infidel
- Best Team - Spectrum 5 in Disgaea
- Best Losing Team - The Fiends/Destruction (Nocturne)
- Best New GM Alt - Deep Thought from Ultimate Phalla of Ultimate Destiny (DevoutlyApathetic)
- Most Improved Player - kime
Am I missing any critical awards? Feel free to let me know, because there is still time to fit them in.
The awards will follow last year's model. Nominations will occur one day. Any nomination which is seconded will be available for vote the next day. Please provide a link (if applicable or available) to give people a more informed choice.
Do you want to narrate a night? Of course you do. PM me.