As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] 2nd Annual Phalla Awards: Game over, man! Game over! Jester and Narrator Win

• Options
    LightRiderLightRider __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I nominate Team Egypt from X Commandments mini for most inept and terribad evil team.
    We sucked so much. It was horrible.

LightRider on
  • Options
    MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wow, I got invited after 1 phalla!? awesome. I will say that I did kick lots of ass in the nocturne phalla for a new guy though..... *cough

MadnessBA on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    I nominate Team Egypt from X Commandments mini for most inept and terribad evil team.
    We sucked so much. It was horrible.

Nah, that was just terribad luck. Ramses was the more inept guy, plus we spent 4 days hunting down that last evil so hey, bad luck with vote trickling. If it had worked it would have been an evener match.

Speaking of trickling, the Queen mini at least needs a mention as "best phalla end" or "what happens when shenanigans with vote trickling just works". They said I was out of my mind, but I showed them all!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    These people invite everybody I am sure. He even customized my PM by talking about me.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    MadnessBAMadnessBA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    also, people are being really rough on kime for killing an outed seer. Was it a seer who had been seered? or who just outed himself. If it was the later I killed an "outed" seer because he was acting suspicious and he was not a neutral at all...

MadnessBA on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    But it's not a proper day one if we're not abusing kime.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Most Typecast Player (The "I'm Always Good! Honest!" award)
    Can we all just agree now that I have this one wrapped up?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Two more nominations:

Andrew Ryan in WoW: Lord Phallazak for refusing to vig anyone for several days, allowing Keika and I to squeak out a victory as the ninja looters.

</3 :cry:

It helped that he didn't trust his seer. :?

Darian on
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    Most Typecast Player (The "I'm Always Good! Honest!" award)
    Can we all just agree now that I have this one wrapped up?

Kime.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Kime gets the award for being most stabbed in the face by me.

That's an award right?

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    LightRider wrote: »
    Kime gets the award for being most stabbed in the face by me.

That's an award right?

Not you in particular

Delmain on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oh holy shit I didn't notice the "only phallas in the past year" thing

that pretty much disqualifies me from everything

My Phalla was near the end of last year and after the last awards. I would surely be nominated for the confusing award! But alas, it looks like my only hope is that the Evil Eight win an award.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd just like to comment that anyone repeatedly calling for kime death (or anyone's death, really) day after day is a target. Lightrider ruined all of that for you by wanting kime dead and secretly being evil.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It totally worked that one time kindof.

LightRider on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I actually... can't really come up with any sort of nominee for most of these. I never survived long enough and I've never really been able to keep interested in a Phalla's outcome beyond the period immediately following my elimination. Usually I never even notice which side won.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If possible, I'd like to uncast a vote for Tube.

He knows why!

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I'd just like to comment that anyone repeatedly calling for kime death (or anyone's death, really) day after day is a target. Lightrider ruined all of that for you by wanting kime dead and secretly being evil.

It worked in IRC Mafia.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Target the accuser all you want. It will never ever result in the village actually allowing the frequent target to live for once. They'll rationalize it with some flimsy-ass accusation or 'if we kill you we can learn your role without wasting a seering on you' or some sort of bullshit. And if they don't, the vigilante will do it themselves.

Gosling on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You sound kinda bitter. Just don't quit this phalla too.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Target the accuser all you want. It will never ever result in the village actually allowing the frequent target to live for once. They'll rationalize it with some flimsy-ass accusation or 'if we kill you we can learn your role without wasting a seering on you' or some sort of bullshit. And if they don't, the vigilante will do it themselves.
    Actually, that game kime did in fact live for many, many days if memory serves. And then Lightrider claimed to be at a loss when he finally died good.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    But he's pretty much guaranteed to be a villager.

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don't talk to me.

Seriously, Orange Soda, your explicit goal, stated in the thread, was to get me to quit. You got what you wanted, didn't you? You should be celebrating, not complaining.

Gosling on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    PEOPLE

clown.gif

Remember, this is a fun thread.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    CLOWNS AHHH NO

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Well, this *is* an Awards show. I'm sure there's plenty of room for drunken ranting in a backroom and accusations of how Mr. D is a hussy and how that dress looks horrible.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well, this *is* an Awards show. I'm sure there's plenty of room for drunken ranting in a backroom and accusations of how Mr. D is a hussy and how that dress looks horrible.

If you look at the list of narrators, you'll soon see that baaaad things are in your future :P

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    All I know is that I'm a vanillager in this thing, and killing kime with a rusty axe to the brainstem is the best way to protect ourselves and our awards. God knows what he's going to do with all the trophies.

I hesitate to dare to even think about the possible implications of his probable actions...

Theoretically.

LightRider on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

If you look at the list of narrators, you'll soon see that baaaad things are in your future :P
    They'll only balance out the bounty of good things that will come first!

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don't talk to me.

Seriously, Orange Soda, your explicit goal, stated in the thread, was to get me to quit. You got what you wanted, didn't you? You should be celebrating, not complaining.

You should link that to me. While I would not be surprised, I seriously doubt that my main goal would be to make you quit. My main goal is to usually be as useful as possible in my role within my abilities, while setting a personal goal to survive longer than my usual average of 2-3 days. My primary goal in any phalla is always to win with whatever win condition my role pm says I have.

I take things too far sometimes. Yes I get angry at people in these games sometimes, but I will never quit a game. I don't understand how you can ever get to a point where you feel the only way to reconcile a game is by loudly quitting hoping someone will feel sorry for you.

The fact that I have seen kime Day 1'd more times than I can to admit. Often I try to point out the stupidity of it. Does kime quit? Does he make a huge rant, hoping that we will feel sorry for him? No, he rolls with it, and has gotten to the point that he uses it to his advantage. Because of the times that he has actually been evil and not bandwagoned day 1, now no one has any idea how to handle his situation and he is much better off for it.

I'm just saying that even if you are a boring villager, than just roll with it, even if you get Day 1'd. Hell I died day 1 in Eri's phalla, which if it was in the running I would vote for the best mini I have played in, but even with just 1 Day I was able to get hours worth of fun out of that game.

And yes I am being a dick right now, but I hold quitters in the same light that I hold post deleters.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don't talk to me.

You should link that to me. While I would not be surprised, I seriously doubt that my main goal would be to make you quit. My main goal is to usually be as useful as possible in my role within my abilities, while setting a personal goal to survive longer than my usual average of 2-3 days. My primary goal in any phalla is always to win with whatever win condition my role pm says I have.

I take things too far sometimes. Yes I get angry at people in these games sometimes, but I will never quit a game. I don't understand how you can ever get to a point where you feel the only way to reconcile a game is by loudly quitting hoping someone will feel sorry for you.

The fact that I have seen kime Day 1'd more times than I can to admit. Often I try to point out the stupidity of it. Does kime quit? Does he make a huge rant, hoping that we will feel sorry for him? No, he rolls with it, and has gotten to the point that he uses it to his advantage. Because of the times that he has actually been evil and not bandwagoned day 1, now no one has any idea how to handle his situation and he is much better off for it.

I'm just saying that even if you are a boring villager, than just roll with it, even if you get Day 1'd. Hell I died day 1 in Eri's phalla, which if it was in the running I would vote for the best mini I have played in, but even with just 1 Day I was able to get hours worth of fun out of that game.

And yes I am being a dick right now, but I hold quitters in the same light that I hold post deleters.
    As you wish.
    I was Day 1'd two mains ago. I usually don't last past day 2-3 and for me lasting to day 4 is a milestone. I don't get butthurt like Gosling though. Look at kime? He got Day 1'd for a million phallas in a row and turned it into his benefit. Now he can do WHATEVER he wants in a game and still not get voted out sometimes. He was blatantly evil all game two mains ago and look how long he lived? Gosling if you paint yourself the victim we all just laugh at you from behind our computer screens for being pathetic.

Boo Hoo I never get anything special. Boo Hoo I got Day 1'd. Boo Hoo I make up my own win conditions that are contrary to how phalla works and I expect other people to understand. Seriously cry more. I hope you get vig'd tonight so you can ragequit phalla.

Amd two posts later:
    If I am the vig, trust me I am targeting you tonight so you can ragequit. Gosling you are like kime, but not actually cool.

Gosling on
  • Options
    Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well I've never quit a Phalla ever. So I am judging all of you.

Lady Eri on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh come on Sunkist, stop being a pussy and just call the post deleter out who I know you're specifically thinking about.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It is incredibly annoying

Delmain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh come on Sunkist, stop being a pussy and just call the post deleter out who I know you're specifically thinking about.

Game isn't over yet, I already had 1 more ghost post in that thread than I should have to call him out.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh shit, I just remembered one. I take back my !Eri vote and nominate !DUE from Gods and Mortals. He drunk posted and revealed to the entire thread the only seer in the game and who the seer had revealed. Nearly lost the village that name.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Don't talk to me.

As you wish.
    I was Day 1'd two mains ago. I usually don't last past day 2-3 and for me lasting to day 4 is a milestone. I don't get butthurt like Gosling though. Look at kime? He got Day 1'd for a million phallas in a row and turned it into his benefit. Now he can do WHATEVER he wants in a game and still not get voted out sometimes. He was blatantly evil all game two mains ago and look how long he lived? Gosling if you paint yourself the victim we all just laugh at you from behind our computer screens for being pathetic.

Boo Hoo I never get anything special. Boo Hoo I got Day 1'd. Boo Hoo I make up my own win conditions that are contrary to how phalla works and I expect other people to understand. Seriously cry more. I hope you get vig'd tonight so you can ragequit phalla.

Amd two posts later:
    If I am the vig, trust me I am targeting you tonight so you can ragequit. Gosling you are like kime, but not actually cool.

Hmm that does seem a bit meaner than I intended it :P Sorry for being that much of a dick in that game.

Seriously though I had no idea who you were until you came into that game. I have been playing phalla here since before christmas of last year and all I have ever seen is kimewagons. Just try to let it work more toward your advantage and take the Day 1 bandwagons when you deserve them (like I did in the six string phalla)

I'm not actually trying to make you ragequit, just giving you a hard time for suggestion you would let it bother you that much. Once it's out of my system I can usually then forget about it.

Ask spectrum, I yelled at him in the other thread... and now I <3 him again. If I saw you in a future phalla and you were mafia, you could totally use the fact that you have ALWAYS been a villager in your favor. Just don't bring attention to it unless someone else does. That would be what would make you a target. People need less than no reason to kill someone day 1. People just wanna jump on whatever hides them the best.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't know who either of the people involved in this argument are

therefore

the argument is trivial and both parties should shut their fat traps

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I don't know who either of the people involved in this argument are

therefore

the argument is trivial and both parties should shut their fat traps

A challenger appears

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If I saw you in a future phalla and you were mafia, you could totally use the fact that you have ALWAYS been a villager in your favor. Just don't bring attention to it unless someone else does. That would be what would make you a target. People need less than no reason to kill someone day 1. People just wanna jump on whatever hides them the best.
    It doesn't work that way with me. People instead vote me out pretty much immediately because they figure I'm due to be evil and maybe it's this time. And if I don't bring up the always-good thing, someone else will.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If I saw you in a future phalla and you were mafia, you could totally use the fact that you have ALWAYS been a villager in your favor. Just don't bring attention to it unless someone else does. That would be what would make you a target.

Just ask whoever was in that game where I was evil after an entire night of being a villager.

Delmain on