As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't just stand there, STALKER! Come in! Call of Pripyat out and awesome

1111213141517»

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    call pripyat seems a lot easier than the first stalker. no huge army envoys rolling in to kick your ass

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Wren wrote: »
    call pripyat seems a lot easier than the first stalker. no huge army envoys rolling in to kick your ass

They're finally on your side
    It's so nice not having to worry about them

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    who will step up to buy me call of pripyat

don't be shy

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    Spartan 0092Spartan 0092 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Hey I have a question, I got Call of Pripyat today and I'm having some trouble.

I dont get screen tearing so much as big ... things sticking out of my gun, they're 2D but can cover most of the screen, then if I switch guns they may go away or just stick around.

They resemble this but stick out of my gun.

I dont even know what to call this, any help guys?

Spartan 0092 on
    One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited February 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I borrowed CS from a friend and haven't enjoyed it enough to finish it

But man, LURK is awesome. Except totally impossibly hard.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I love LURK so goddamn much. The first time I went to the little warehouse to get the roof stash by the bridge before crossing under it, I got raped by a bloodsucker. The second time there were two STALKERs there and they took him down with a little help from me. Third time, the NPCs walked in opposite directs and got raped indivually by the sucker.

So I shot it three times with my mosin nagant while it raped the rookie, having already killed the experienced guy, and then it took a whole pistol clip and a knife thrust to kill it

But I dicked around with the stealth system and it's rad. All sneakin' up on soldier dudes stabbing them in the ankles and the shooting their commander with my new ak-47.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    That usually happens when your video card overheats
    yeah, although the standard video card driver update can fix issues like that as well, and I've seen it as a symptom of bad memory as well.

definitely grab some compressed air though spartan and blow out the inside of your computer though, if this isn't something you routinely do. see if that does anything to improve matters.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oni is tough goddamn game

I think I have to reinstall Shadow of Chernobyl, check out this Lurk mod you guys are loving

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm still playing LURK and tryin' to learn the stealth system

It's nice, hiding in the bushes and stalking people in cordon like a vampire by watching their lights move through the rain

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    GODdammit this spring break is blowin' a huge load of dick right now

and on top of that I can't even enjoy not doing anything by playing this fucking game because FUCKING LURK KEEPS CRASHING WHENEVER I START IT

FUCK

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    oh man I'm finally in pripyat

this game takes so fucking long to get going but once it starts...
    getting your team together to raid the tunnels to pripyat is the bossest thing ever, I kept all of my boys alive out to the other side

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Rolo wrote: »

getting your team together to raid the tunnels to pripyat is the bossest thing ever, I kept all of my boys alive out to the other side
    I fucked up and in the end all of my squad died before the end of the game. =(

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I fucked up and in the end all of my squad died before the end of the game. =(

thats what saved games are for!

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh hell yes I finally got LURK to work oh hell yes this is awesome

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DAMMIT STALKER STOP CRASHING

THIS IS KILLING ME

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    it's worth all the trouble rolo

you know it's worth all the trouble

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    Oh, i watched the stalker film by the way. it required patience for some of the longest shots but it was very strange and moving

highly recommended if you can find it or netflix it or something

I loved that movie but only because I fast-forwarded through about 60% of the whole thing, because one person can only take but so much grim-ukrainian face-shot

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I beat this last night! Good game, lots to do and I spent a good 20 hours wandering about the Zone.

Not as much to do as, say, SoC with Oblivion-Lost, but comparing it to a completely open-world mod isn't really fair.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    I beat this last night! Good game, lots to do and I spent a good 20 hours wandering about the Zone.

Not as much to do as, say, SoC with Oblivion-Lost, but comparing it to a completely open-world mod isn't really fair.

The last third of the game felt a little disappointing. The ending just seemed to happen at random.

Oh you didn't know that anomalies changed location after an emission? Well they do. Now that you know that we can go.

THE END.

Brolo on
  • Options
    big lbig l Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    vsove wrote: »

The last third of the game felt a little disappointing. The ending just seemed to happen at random.

Oh you didn't know that anomalies changed location after an emission? Well they do. Now that you know that we can go.

THE END.

I was like "If only these guys had played OL first they would have known!"

big l on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I just bought Clear Sky on Steam for ten bucks. I'm not gonna run through it for awhile, but anyone wanna recommend me some mods? I know Clear Sky isn't as broken as the original SOC is, but essentially I'm thinking of something that adds to the arsenal (one of my favorite things about LURK) and makes it prettier/run better.

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Faction commander is pretty much it for CS.

Fleeb on