As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't just stand there, STALKER! Come in! Call of Pripyat out and awesome

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have yet to actually beat Stalker. Great game but seriously, fuck the last level.
    Hello helicopters that respawn and shoot absurdly accurate missiles at you while you're trying to fend off fucking hordes of enemies to get to a reactor miles a-fucking-way.

Cilla Black on
  • Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Helicopter missiles are accurate in reality, so I don't think they are Absurdly accurate in stalker....

Burning Organ on
    edited June 2009
    Games are not reality.

Cilla Black on
    edited June 2009
    Just saying....

How can you define absurd in something that isn't real anyway?

Burning Organ on
    edited June 2009
    Very easily.

Cilla Black on
    edited June 2009
    Okay.

The op seems weird.
    Specifically this line:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Scavenger Trespasser Adventurer Loner Explorer Robber
    S.T.A.L.E.R?

Burning Organ on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    I think it's reasonable to call them absurdly accurate in a video game if it makes playing through it absurdly difficult
    pretty fucking simple

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited June 2009
    I already said Okay, what more do you want?

Burning Organ on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    way to go vsove

you've ruined the entire thread

FAQ on
    edited June 2009
    p.s.

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Cilla Black on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay.

The op seems weird.
    Specifically this line:
    S.T.A.L.E.R?

Clearly you're crazy.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Aneurhythmia on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I said this already but

new, to hell with your new

FAQ on
    edited June 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Okay.

The op seems weird.
    Specifically this line:
    S.T.A.L.E.R?

Clearly you're crazy.

Huh... Thought I copy-pasted that line. Where is my mind today, next thing I'll forget my name.

Burning Organ on
    edited June 2009
    FAQ wrote: »
    I said this already but

new, to hell with your new

Those random little conversations were always great, even if there were only about ten of them total.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    get out of here stalker

PiptheFair on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    STALKER being an acronym was the worst thing about that game.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have yet to actually beat Stalker. Great game but seriously, fuck the last level.
    Hello helicopters that respawn and shoot absurdly accurate missiles at you while you're trying to fend off fucking hordes of enemies to get to a reactor miles a-fucking-way.

Running works.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    the stalker movie had nothing to do with roadside picnic

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a much more accurate adaptation of the short story than it is of the movie

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Whelp. I just started playing this game and it is pretty fun.

I feel like such a badass being some new guy with a shotgun, taking out a military checkpoint one by one.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I played this for a while, then I got to some kind of tunnel with an electrical anomaly at the entrance and I just kind of never played again

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That tunnel was a bitch

I don't know how I remember this in the time since I last played STALKER at release but it required creative, timed jumping

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    gonna have to give the game another shot one day, because it was pretty fun up until that

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    That tunnel was a bitch

I don't know how I remember this in the time since I last played STALKER at release but it required creative, timed jumping

I was like.. "shit shit.. what do I do.." because they gave you a PDA of some guy who had figured it out, but it just said he had figured it out. So I went over to the military checkpoint a bit to the north instead. It took me about a million tries, but I took them down and cleared it out. Got a lot of nice guns out of it too. You just had to jump from cover to cover, shooting them in the head one by one.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I might try this game sometime, I watched St. play some bits of it and noticed it was pretty ridiculously hard and confusing. We'll see how my play through goes.

scarlet blvd. on
    edited June 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    I played this for a while, then I got to some kind of tunnel with an electrical anomaly at the entrance and I just kind of never played again

Easiest way to get to the other side of those tracks is to go up to the military checkpoint - they'll look like they're going to kill you, but the commander will want to talk to you. For 500 rubles, he'll let you through - of course, getting back the other way is more difficult, though you can usually make it across on the opposite side of the tracks (east-most) if you don't mind getting a decent dose of radiation. Just avoid the anomalies.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited June 2009
    Just downloading the STALKER 2009 mod, and then I'll be starting my play through, I'm pretty excited to give this a try

It's summer, so I think I'll have to time to get used to it and hopefully be able to survive.

scarlet blvd. on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    tried to play this game. kept crashing leaving the fat mustachioed guy's mustache.

edit: bunker. not mustache.

that was weird.

Metzger Meister on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man So I got all the way into the actual power plant but I keep dying to radiation.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what is that one thing they say? cheeky breeky?

also I I remember the second time I beat this game I did so with the other ending

like where you are transporting and shit, it was such a long process that last scene, but it was worth it and very cool.

Sanius on
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    the stalker movie had nothing to do with roadside picnic

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is a much more accurate adaptation of the short story than it is of the movie

Same for Solaris, which Tarkovsky also took in his own direction! Zany!

Stalker was a flipping fantastic movie though.

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Lockout wrote: »

Easiest way to get to the other side of those tracks is to go up to the military checkpoint - they'll look like they're going to kill you, but the commander will want to talk to you. For 500 rubles, he'll let you through - of course, getting back the other way is more difficult, though you can usually make it across on the opposite side of the tracks (east-most) if you don't mind getting a decent dose of radiation. Just avoid the anomalies.

also if you go up the hill to the right (coming from the start area) there's a gap in the fence by the bridge you can walk through as long as you aren't obnoxiously loud and alert the military

The nighttime sneaking through the military base after the first underground section is so tense. I just replayed it and it was so dark that guards would bump into me before they saw me and then I had to drop them quick before they could alert the whole place.

e: I should say the first time I did it there was very little sneaking to be had. I lit the place up and squatted in a tiny office defending against the first waves before sprinting off into the night.

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also this game is tits once you get the VSS Vintorez equivalent (integral silencer sniper rifle)

All FFT FFT FFT FFT shit yeah king of the shooting FFT FFT

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So the only Stalker game I have is Clear Sky

It is the buggiest, most awful game I have ever loved

Fuck this fucking game god I love it so much fuck it in it's eyes

Maybe I'll get the original someday since it is apparently less buggy

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited June 2009
    Damnit! Damn you STALKER, I risk my life, jumping into a train car, risking falling to my death, and the damn stash is empty!!!

edit: however it was extremely satisfying killing the 4 assault rifle wielding guys beneath the train car with the silenced pistol.

scarlet blvd. on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damnit! Damn you STALKER, I risk my life, jumping into a train car, risking falling to my death, and the damn stash is empty!!!

edit: however it was extremely satisfying killing the 4 assault rifle wielding guys beneath the train car with the silenced pistol.

I think all the stashes are empty until you find a PDA talking about that particular stash.

I remember a mod that gets rid of that so they always have the stuff

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited June 2009
    It was displayed on my PDA already though, it doesn't make much sense

scarlet blvd. on
    edited June 2009
    I was so happy running across a stash that had a hunting rifle in it. At first I didn't think much of it but now I use it so much, more than the AK's because you can drop somebody with one or two hits from it.. which is good because you only have one or two rounds before you need to reload.

Also should I be carrying around all of these extra guns I find to sell back to the trader or is it not worth it. I'm starting to be way over-encumbered. At this point I think I've started dropping most of them and only keeping one or two copies of the various guns.

Artreus on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This isnt a very good Fallout mod to be honest. :(

Synthetic Orange on