As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Sims 3 - Thread 2 - Episode 1! Khoo House P 46!

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    bills would have to be ridiculously high (im just gonna pull like 45% outta my ass) for my Gary Sue sim to even feel it

hes making §1,054 per HOUR as a world renowned surgeon (also, he lost his beeper for some reason, which means he never gets called in at odd hours), plus he owns a few businesses

this guy prints money

Joolander on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009
    I bought up every business in town over a period of a few generations.

Tube on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The renaming feature is the best thing in this game. My main guy is an ex rockstar who turned politician and now lives off the royalties of his books. He's all kind and nice and dignified and shit. His romance books are called "Wet Cunt" "The Gashening" "Put It In" "A Fist To Build A Dream On" and his political manifesto "Why I'm So Great, by Bob "Big Cock" Stevens"

i lol'd a good while at that one :D

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's fun to then forget about them and take a Sim from a different household to the bookstore and have the option to buy "Gag On It"

Tube on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    hahahaha

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    My problem with the Sims is that I only ever play as one family. I invest so much into them that I don't want them to die and I don't want to play as someone else.

I should just take the plunge, turn on ageing, crank up the average lifespan and make some other families.

bongi on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Leave aging off and give your sims a birthday cake when you want them to get older.

Well, I think you need aging on to get past the infant age stage.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    Nah you can do it for any Sim (even Sims not even in your household, I think) at any age.

But I do kind of want to turn ageing on anyway.

If I turn ageing on and don't introduce any new families, will everyone eventually die and leave the town unpopulated or does it introduce randomly generated Sims?

bongi on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    There are a whole host of sims that wander through town that don't actually have lots. I don't think you will run out of sims.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So I created a Sim with Athletic, friendly, party animal, brave and daredevil. All the actions are extreme actions.

I clicked the shower and was prompted to take an extreme shower until extremely clean.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I created a Sim with Athletic, friendly, party animal, brave and daredevil. All the actions are extreme actions.

I clicked the shower and was prompted to take an extreme shower until extremely clean.

What? That's fucking crazy.

Whats watching the TV like?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2009
    they just take a shower

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    in mountain dew

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So I washed the sink, and afterward the sim threw up his hands and went "Woo!" on the way over to the TV.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so hey turning off story progression keeps my sims from moving out and getting married to ugly people

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    I created Barney Stinson, then used cheats to make him know everyone.

NOW EVERYONE HAS BABIES!

EDIT: the babies happend when i was playing some other household.

Grath on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so uh

is this still happening

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I prefer turning off aging and using that testingcheats or whatever to manually control it
    peace out babies and toddlers
    two days is enough for you, jerks.

Also the reason i started is because suddenly me and my wife were a day away from turning into old people. Just as we had kids. Ugh

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This being on page 5 is criminal.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    mori and janson dont care about their creation anymore

and i never got to see pac man house

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll do it eventually. Haven't really been feeling it lately, unfortunately.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    fuck I love those waffles.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I'll do it eventually. Haven't really been feeling it lately, unfortunately.

whatever

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    News on the first Sims 3 expansion has surfaced.
    Well that didn’t take very long did it? EA has announced The Sims 3 World Adventures, the inevitable first expansion to The Sims 3, will be hitting shelves worldwide November 16, 2009.

General Manager of The Sims, Scott Evans, stated in EA’s press release that: “Players will be able to take their Sims on the adventure of a lifetime and explore lands outside of Sunset Valley and Riverview, pursue thrilling new life destinies in locations around the world inspired by famous destinations, and immerse themselves in the open-ended gameplay where they’ll discover new cities in China, France, and Egypt, and share new stories.”

In the expansion the player’s Sims will be able to “search for secret treasures, learn new skills and chase down new personal opportunities, meet new Sims with unique personalities” along being able to film or photograph everything your Sim does in game to share with friend.

On top of that (oh yes there’s more) players will receive 1000 SimPoints to use in The Sims 3 Store and exclusive online content available at launch.

But don’t fret iPhone and iPod Touch users, your expansion will be coming in early 2010 so you can take your Sims to China (or wherever the hell ya wanna go) anytime!

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh

Cool

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    yeah considering that you can sometimes get the lifetime wish to pop up to travel outside of the city I imagine the only thing thats not already in the game from this new stuff is a few new items and the new cities.

Grath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    You're right, I bet the only thing they added that's new is the entire basis and concept of the expansion

LAZY EA

NO BLOOD FOR DLC

Tube on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Apparently one of the features is that you can go to someone else's country, unearth an artifact, and then berate the locals- all in one fell swoop!

sims3expansion.jpg

Will Wright, please pee on us!
    Wait, he isn't with them anymore, nvm.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I figured I'd ask here instead of making a new thread about it but I'm looking to buy this new laptop, an Inspiron 15 from dell (I'm on a tight budget and it's offering the laptop for $499) and I'm wondering if the graphics card (an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD) will play the game smoothly.

I keep hearing its more recent than the other graphics cards that can play the sims 3 and hence won't work as well but I think that if its a new graphics card it'd show the graphics better?

Mim on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh hello Sims 3 thread.

cough.

Also I think the expansion looks rad and the bitching about it is basically just a repeat of when they started churning out expansions for The Sims 2.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hello, Moriveth

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    uh excuse me I have to go pick up my wiiife

Moriveth on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Your wife?

I hear she makes houses in The Sims 3...

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The upcoming expansion finally has a trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/54381.html

Owenashi on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    That seems kind of terrible.

sarukun on
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh hello Sims 3 thread.

cough.

Also I think the expansion looks rad and the bitching about it is basically just a repeat of when they started churning out expansions for The Sims 2.
    Mori I feel so betrayed. No pacman house where is my sad violin

I am actually quite surprised i thought this would be able to play this for years without getting tired of it, but all this keeping up with like 9000 people made me sick of it pretty quick

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I will buy this expansion the day it comes out because I am horribly addicted. I just hope it adds some new stuff besides travel, like a career goddamnit.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So, apparently the Alice and Kev blog has come to a close.

For those of you who don't remember, it's the blog of a guy playing a homeless family in the Sim 3. Humourous stuff.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    man this reminds me that I don't have any idea where my sims 3 disk is

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    and also that moriveth is a chump

DJ Eebs on