As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hate everyone on the [Food Network]

1121314151618»

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i dunno i watched some recent episodes and he was going a little too far down the 'theme episode' route for my tastes

but the chili episode where he was a cowboy the whole time was pure gold

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    His themes are the whole reason he wanted to make a cooking show. He graduated college with a degree in theater and upon seeing the cooking shows of the era decided they were all fucking boring. So he went to culinary school for the sole purpose of making a cooking show

Javen on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    His themes are the whole reason he wanted to make a cooking show. He graduated college with a degree in theater and upon seeing the cooking shows of the era decided they were all fucking boring. So he went to culinary school for the sole purpose of making a cooking show

Alton's one of the few people who makes me feel OK about having a BA in Drama.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    as much as I adore Good Eats, I think I liked Feasting on Asphalt/Waves better

Usagi on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Javen wrote: »

He did?

That's really interesting, I thought he was a cook who just happened to be a real personality/goof.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I liked the Sweeny Todd episode.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I watched a triple D marathon a few weeks back. Figured I'd watch a couple to kill some time and then suddenly it's four hours later.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Usagi wrote: »
    as much as I adore Good Eats, I think I liked Feasting on Asphalt/Waves better

Those were pretty awesome. Got the book for the second Asphalt (don't think there was one for the 1st?). Great coffee table/bathroom book, though you should probably stick with one or the other.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    alton is the first dude to admit he is not a chef

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    and then alton feasted on asphalt

and so did his bike

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    and then alton feasted on asphalt

and so did his bike

it was actually a dirt road

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2009
    Omeks wrote: »
    So, uh...have we talked about Food Network giving Brian Boitano a show yet?

Aptly named What Would Brian Boitano Make?

snip

So Food Network is basing their programming off ten year-old movie references now?
    I cannot wait to see this!

I'm not expecting him to be a great chef or anything, I'm just really interested to see what he can do.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Bogey wrote: »
    Omeks wrote: »
    So, uh...have we talked about Food Network giving Brian Boitano a show yet?

Aptly named What Would Brian Boitano Make?

snip

So Food Network is basing their programming off ten year-old movie references now?
    I cannot wait to see this!

I'm not expecting him to be a great chef or anything, I'm just really interested to see what he can do.

sex with men is my guess

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mark Dacascos is going to be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars. You might know him as the attractive man on Iron Chef America who screams the theme ingredient of each episode. I am warm for his form

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fiz wrote: »
    Mark Dacascos is going to be on the next season of Dancing with the Stars. You might know him as the attractive man on Iron Chef America who screams the theme ingredient of each episode. I am warm for his form

he is less well known as that guy from all the terrible made-for-SciFi movies

but he was pretty excellent in Brotherhood of the Wolf

Usagi on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

No, he was *excellent* in Double Dragon. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When I was reading the list of competitors and saw "food network" I was terrified that they were going to finish it up with "superstar BOBBY FLAY"

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I watched a triple D marathon a few weeks back. Figured I'd watch a couple to kill some time and then suddenly it's four hours later.
    It is such a great show. Fieri is such a lucky dude to have that job, holy god. Drive all over the country, sample the most unhealthy yet delicious food imagineable and get all flirty with the local college chicks at each joint.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    beta_angel wrote: »

No, he was *excellent* in Double Dragon. :D

Really I think his finest work was in Kickboxer 5. He gave that character an emotional depth I didn't expect, plus he fought like a thousand ninjas at once.

Peen on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Only problem I have with DDD is the sanitary conditions.

Fieri is a nice guy. Places he goes too seem really awesome.

But the guy sometimes eats SLOPPY MEALS over the freaking prep station and cutting boards.

That's strictly verboten in any of the kitchens I ran.

Sheep on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, we don't know for sure that those kitchens were even open.

Could have been closed off for the shoot, in which case they weren't serving, and would clean that shit proper. Fieri owns a couple successful places, I don't imagine he'd shit all over a kitchen and just leave it.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Good point.

Sheep on