Options

I hate everyone on the [Food Network]

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I can see why some find Giada attractive, but that beak of a nose always makes me think of an insane, homicidal bird that will peck my eyes out.

how about Penelope Cruz

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »
    for me it's her teeth

she looks like she has at least three rows of needle-sharp teeth

giadae.jpg

AMMAH EATTCHU

necroSYS on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    necroSYS wrote: »
    Omeks wrote: »
    Alton Brown is about the only guy I like on Food Network anymore.

Sorry, the point at which he's hawking Welch's Grape Juice and looking like a child molestor is the point at which he's lost me.

I agree he needs to re-think the recent...fancy mullet thing. The grape juice thing doesn't bug me as much, maybe because other Food Network stars do way worse. Also because Food Network probably had some hand in it.
    I can see why some find Giada attractive, but that beak of a nose always makes me think of an insane, homicidal bird that will peck my eyes out.

I always got annoyed at the way she talks in an American accent but then pronounces all Italian foods in an Italian accent. Maybe that's how its supposed to sound, but talking in one accent and then saying ricotta or parmigiana reggiano in a different accent sounds too weird.

But pretty much any annoying mannerisms or traits she has are blocked out by her low-cut shirts...*drool*

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    for me it's her teeth

giadae.jpg

AMMAH EATTCHU

She looks like a fucking goblin.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    for me it's her teeth

giadae.jpg

God she looks like that horrible lady from Donnie Darko/Malcolm in the Middle/a hundred other things

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    are you one of those people who would pronounce someones foreign name in a butchered-american way just because you don't want to switch your accent in order to properly respect someones name?

because i hate that.

mully on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Usagi wrote: »

Kevin?
    no way, Kevin is way cuter
    <3

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When I asked to see her Naples, she slapped me!

We call it Napoli!

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We need a Giada photoshop contest.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    mully wrote: »
    are you one of those people who would pronounce someones foreign name in a butchered-american way just because you don't want to switch your accent in order to properly respect someones name?

because i hate that.

Nope. I pronounce ricotta and whatnot in the basic way she does. What I'm talking about is how she'll put emphasis on pronouncing stuff with rolling 'i's' or doing something such as pronouncing 'Ricardo' in an exaggerated Italian accent and then shifting back into an American accent.

EDIT: Well this is just a fantastic TOTP.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I always got annoyed at the way she talks in an American accent but then pronounces all Italian foods in an Italian accent. Maybe that's how its supposed to sound, but talking in one accent and then saying ricotta or parmigiana reggiano in a different accent sounds too weird.

But pretty much any annoying mannerisms or traits she has are blocked out by her low-cut shirts...*drool*

yeah, you're just being kind of dumb

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

yeah, you're just being kind of dumb

Fair enough.

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the welch's grape juice thing does bother me because he's hawking concentrated sugar water

also people should stop acting like they would giada out of bed for eating bruschetta

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    the welch's grape juice thing does bother me because he's hawking concentrated sugar water

also people should stop acting like they would giada out of bed for eating bruschetta
    what? their grape juice is just grape juice

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Only if she pronounced it in that annoyingly over-annunciated Italian accent.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

The Alton Brown I knew would have spent an entire episode telling you why that grape juice is shit and how to find much better grape juice.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Giada's sharkmouth is only really visible sometimes, from a certain angle

It's very strange

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009

The Alton Brown I knew would have spent an entire episode telling you why that grape juice is shit and how to find much better grape juice.
    yeah but that's not what zero was saying
    he was asserting it's just sugar water
    it's grape juice
    is he calling all grape juice "concentrated sugar water"?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What really bugs me about Giada and The Barefoot Contessa (besides being forced to think about Ina Garten's feet just from the title of her stupid show), is the compulsion to come up with retarded little stories for why they're making the food.

"So today I decided to throw a little garden supper party to celebrate the ten-millionth garden supper party I've thrown!"
    "Oh, my sister's in town visiting, and she loooves clams! Let's cook up a great little lunch that we can giggle over!"
    "I'm heading over to my neighbor's villa for dinner and they asked me to bring all the food!"

SHUT UP. You're just making food, I don't give a shit about what asinine story you made up to go with it. I don't need a reason to make food beyond "I'M HUNGRY."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Whoever mentioned Michael Smith earlier was dead on, he's very likeable once you get passed the "I'm so likeable vibe" that they lay on pretty thick in his Cooking at Home show.

Plus I just saw an episode of one of his other shows where he was travelling around in Japan and he was given a glass of Sake and Turtle Blood to drink and he dropped an F-bomb they barely managed to censor.

It was great to hear him swear, turns out he is human.

I like Guy Fieri's shows especially Diners Dri... etc, he doesn't bother me at all, although the set for his cooking show is a fucking eyesore but I guess it fits with the whole schtick.

I also liked the Thirsty Traveller but they barely ever show that anymore.

And of course Alton Brown is great.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I like Ina Garten's food, at least what my wife has made of it. Alton Brown's recipes always seem to involve some really time-consuming task.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alton Brown's recipe for mac and cheese is well worth the time

as are almost all of the other ones I've tried

Usagi on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Paula Dean infuriates me. She sounds like she's deliberately trying to sound southern, and I can't stand to listen to her speak. Especially whenever she's drawing out "Y'AAAAWL."
    Seeing as how I actually live in the stereotypical portion of the south, Paula doesn't annoy me as much as I thought she would. She's pretty much like any other eccentric lady around here that likes to cook which makes it a bit more believable to me. I have a lot of friends up north that say she's totally fake and over doing the southern persona but I've come to learn that some people really are like that.
    Yeah, she's from southern Georgia, and people do actually sound like that down there. She's also an agoraphobe, so "eccentric" barely scratches the surface.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    well, it appears she overcame her agoraphobia

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    well, it appears she overcame her agoraphobia

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was decades ago that she was a total recluse or whatever. I read something about how she didn't even divorce her husband until 12 or so years after he walked out on her.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    What really bugs me about Giada and The Barefoot Contessa (besides being forced to think about Ina Garten's feet just from the title of her stupid show), is the compulsion to come up with retarded little stories for why they're making the food.

"So today I decided to throw a little garden supper party to celebrate the ten-millionth garden supper party I've thrown!"
    "Oh, my sister's in town visiting, and she loooves clams! Let's cook up a great little lunch that we can giggle over!"
    "I'm heading over to my neighbor's villa for dinner and they asked me to bring all the food!"

SHUT UP. You're just making food, I don't give a shit about what asinine story you made up to go with it. I don't need a reason to make food beyond "I'M HUNGRY."

All of the hosts do that. Tyler Florence and Nigella Lawson are big offenders too.

But in Nigella's case, who cares?

necroSYS on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    is Nigella even on Food Network anymore?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    oh god
    Nigella *swoon*

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    she's on my list

Usagi on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nigella Lawson's website is incredible

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The Food Network bought the rights to one of her new shows, so if she's not still on now, she will be back soon.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    she's on my list
    of women you'd switch teams for?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    she's on my list
    of women you'd switch teams for?

got to keep my options open

but she and Christina Hendricks, whoa momma

Usagi on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man why would you have to switch teams? I mean there is a fence right there, you can just hang over the side

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009

it's grape juice

I think what he was getting at is that processed fruit juices may claim to have health benefits (in this case, Brown promotes the anti-oxidants in Welch's), but those benefits are largely offset by the large amount of sugar present in the juice. Looking at Welch's nutrition facts, one 8 oz. serving of juice has 170 calories and 40 grams of sugar. The same serving size of Coca Cola has 27 grams of sugar. While a lot of the sugar in Welch's comes from the grapes themselves, it's hard to tell how much of it has been processed and even if it's 100%, that's a lot of sugar to consume in a single glass. Forget the fact that most people drink more than 8 ounces of anything with a meal. Brown is stressing the anti-oxidants so much in the commercial, but the fact is that you could probably get those anti-oxidants from other things that don't have the sugar content of that juice and in the grand scope of things, those anti-oxidants are a drop in the bucket compared to the sugar.

So while a glass of Welch's juice will help you towards getting your daily requirement of fruit, it's really just as sugar-laden as soda is. Though it doesn't have the other stuff present in Coke and fruit juice will fill you up whereas Coke will not. Of course the problem there is that if fruit juice fills you up, then you might not be hungry enough to eat the other daily requirements of veggies and proteins and whatnot.

EDIT: ...really? Two TOTPs in a row? In the same thread? Sigh...

Omeks on
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    as far as affordable products you can buy in a Wal-Mart, Welch's 100% grape juice is probably one of the healthiest things you can drink next to water

I have no problem with Alton helping get the word out that drinking fruit juice is good for you

although personally I am really liking Ocean Spray's Cranergy drink

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

it's grape juice

I think what he was getting at is that processed fruit juices may claim to have health benefits (in this case, Brown promotes the anti-oxidants in Welch's), but those benefits are largely offset by the large amount of sugar present in the juice. Looking at Welch's nutrition facts, one 8 oz. serving of juice has 170 calories and 40 grams of sugar. The same serving size of Coca Cola has 27 grams of sugar. While a lot of the sugar in Welch's comes from the grapes themselves, it's hard to tell how much of it has been processed and even if it's 100%, that's a lot of sugar to consume in a single glass. Forget the fact that most people drink more than 8 ounces of anything with a meal. Brown is stressing the anti-oxidants so much in the commercial, but the fact is that you could probably get those anti-oxidants from other things that don't have the sugar content of that juice and in the grand scope of things, those anti-oxidants are a drop in the bucket compared to the sugar.

So while a glass of Welch's juice will help you towards getting your daily requirement of fruit, it's really just as sugar-laden as soda is. Though it doesn't have the other stuff present in Coke and fruit juice will fill you up whereas Coke will not. Of course the problem there is that if fruit juice fills you up, then you might not be hungry enough to eat the other daily requirements of veggies and proteins and whatnot.

EDIT: ...really? Two TOTPs in a row? In the same thread? Sigh...
    but there's no added sugar
    your ignorance of how much sugar fruit juice naturally has is leading you to the erroneous assumption that they're adding sugar when they aren't
    my mom made the same mistake recently when she bought a bottle of orange juice and looked at the amount of sugar
    she assumed they had sweetened it, when they had not

fruit juice is fine you stupid fucks and Welch's grape juice isn't some toxic poison compared to organic grape juice
    there may be some marginal differences in nutritional content but you're grossly overstating the differences

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    if you start Googling Nigella Lawson the autocomplete suggestions are pretty hilarious

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    nigella lawson breasts

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    nigella lawson COME ON SHOW ME HER NAKED

Centipede Damascus on