Options

Just Cause 2: Causing Harder

145791063

Posts

  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kotaku have done another feature on this, going through the 'terms' for the different types of kills you do.
    Check it here if only to find out what a Pinata kill is. though you don't have to be a genius to figure it.

    edit: The fansite for this game has just written an interview with Mike Oldman, the community guy.
    So Mike, can you give us any information about the Just Cause 2 demo? What kind of things will you be able to do?

    The demo will give you a pretty good snapshot of what the final game has to offer. So in terms of Rico's abilities and the crazy stunts he can pull off - it's all in there. There's also one whole multi-stage faction mission for you to try, a race challenge and ample opportunities to cause chaos at pretty much every turn. There's a good mix of vehicles, everything from tuk tuks to planes, helicopters to jeeps, military and civilian. We really want you to play it again and again, to try out as much as you can. If you don't fancy tackling the mission for example, don't. See if we care. You'll easily find something else to keep you occupied.

    No date on the demo which is disappoointing but there'es lots of easter eggs, so YAY!!
    Full interview here

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Zilla360 on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Zilla360 wrote: »

    Right after BC2 comes out?! D:

    SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I hate you guys. :(

    Post detailed impressions, please?

    edit: 200 new screens! Complete with a little screen-tearing. (Alright, it's only the one shot with the tearing but its hilarious, she's high!)

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Dammit.

    Do these sorts of modern modern games get fan patches to have them run on XP or is that even legal?

    .Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    Dammit.

    Do these sorts of modern modern games get fan patches to have them run on XP or is that even legal?

    I remember when the first Game for Windows games launched, people figured out how to get them running on XP. Not sure if people are bothering with that stuff anymore, though it's the PC community..if a hack is possible, it'll get done.

    Granted, I'm not sure how many people are going to bother with the PC version, as this game seems to be a tailored experience for the consoles.

    Kyougu on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    They're working on a PC version independantly of the console ones. Allegedly.

    ALso, you'll need a DX10 card anyway and most PCs running those tend to have upgraded to Win7. (Vista sucks).

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, everyone considers it a bad idea to not allow XP. I mean, if a person wants to play your game on PC, do you expect them to change their whole OS? They've already been resistant to change anyway.

    People who haven't changed aren't going to, probably. And you just close out a possible market anyway.

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I was annoyrd at first as the PC version was the only one I could try the demo for before the No-XP announcement came along and ruined those hopes. But then I see screens like the ones below and I'm blown away by the fact that explosions this good looking are happening in a gigantic sand box game.
    spoilered for size
    jsc2x3003.jpg

    jsc2x3007.jpg

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, everyone considers it a bad idea to not allow XP. I mean, if a person wants to play your game on PC, do you expect them to change their whole OS? They've already been resistant to change anyway.

    People who haven't changed aren't going to, probably. And you just close out a possible market anyway.

    XP is a decade old. Time to join 2010.

    SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    MetallikatMetallikat Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Yeah, everyone considers it a bad idea to not allow XP. I mean, if a person wants to play your game on PC, do you expect them to change their whole OS? They've already been resistant to change anyway.

    People who haven't changed aren't going to, probably. And you just close out a possible market anyway.

    XP is a decade old. Time to join 2010.

    Which is a testament to how bad Microsoft screwed up with Vista, not that the customers are reclusive holdouts. I don't blame people still running XP and are wary of Windows 7 after the Vista experience.

    Metallikat on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Because newer games won't run on it.

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Yet, as the Shattered Horizon thread has shown, no one has provided an actual reason to switch other than "It's new!"

    The primary major awesome thing that was brandied about were the optimizations in DX10, which would let Shattered Horizon run better. From what I gather, the game ran like shit at high settings, even on powerful computers. And still looked worse, from a technical standpoint, than Crysis. Really cool optimizations, huh?

    I have not seen a single DX10 or 11 game that looks better than Crysis, which was DX9. Even the "ULTRA-HIGH DX10 MODE ONLY OPTIONS" could be enabled in DX9, with some ini hacking with no visible difference between the two. Until we get to the point where I can actually tell the difference, yeah, no, I'll be keeping XP, thank you.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Granted, I don't do any computer gaming, but won't some older games not run on Win 7? When you got a SNES least you could keep your NES to play the older stuff.

    Kyougu on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Granted, I don't do any computer gaming, but won't some older games not run on Win 7? When you got a SNES least you could keep your NES to play the older stuff.

    That's... not really a valid argument.

    You could set up an XP partition, for example, to do the same thing. Or just keep an old computer kicking about. I have an old Win98 box for that purpose.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, I'll probably be getting this for xbox then since I refuse to upgrade to 7. kind of think it's more of a "couch game" anyways.

    ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Well, I'll probably be getting this for xbox then since I refuse to upgrade to 7. kind of think it's more of a "couch game" anyways.

    Funny thing, that.

    Any game that has any hope ever of coming out on the 360 absolutely must positively use DX9. Fact. The 360 cannot do DX10.

    At least, if the manufacturers of the GPU are to be believed.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh I'm sure M$ could release DX10 for XP but they won't because they want people to dish out for the upgrade. And to that I say: not gonna happen. They can fuck off with their purchase-a-new-version-every-year bullshit.

    ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Woooo demo out March 4 http://www.panauisland.com/

    EDIT: arg beated lastpage. Ah well bump for excitedness. Cannot wait.

    Prohass on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Yet, as the Shattered Horizon thread has shown, no one has provided an actual reason to switch other than "It's new!"

    The primary major awesome thing that was brandied about were the optimizations in DX10, which would let Shattered Horizon run better. From what I gather, the game ran like shit at high settings, even on powerful computers. And still looked worse, from a technical standpoint, than Crysis. Really cool optimizations, huh?

    I have not seen a single DX10 or 11 game that looks better than Crysis, which was DX9. Even the "ULTRA-HIGH DX10 MODE ONLY OPTIONS" could be enabled in DX9, with some ini hacking with no visible difference between the two. Until we get to the point where I can actually tell the difference, yeah, no, I'll be keeping XP, thank you.

    That's amazingly wrong. Sure the TWO dx10 games you mentioned MIGHT not be the best examples, but there's plenty of reasons to get 7. It's ridiculously more stable. It's almost impossible to get a blue screen other than hardware fault, and most things that took XP down in flames can be killed with the task manager in 7 while the OS soldiers on. The interface is also a lot better, and so is networking and sharing files. Also, 64 bit and 4+ GB RAM.

    Other than that, I know of two games that run fine in XP and have problems in 7, and they're both results of shitty port jobs: SR2 and RFG. With DOSBox and improved compatibility modes, a lot of old Win 9x games run on 7 as well or better than XP.

    And Lord of the Rings Online has decent DX10 support and looks amazing. Much better lighting.

    Not to mention that Microsoft itself is not supporting that ancient OS anymore.

    I know all that shit because I've running Win7 exclusively since RC came out last May. That's 9 months of intense 10 hour a day usage, for gaming and office work. I also used XP since launch, up until 7RC. So I actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

    Now you could give me some actual, objective reasons to keep using that patched up obsolete crap that's XP. I'm really curious.

    Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Yet, as the Shattered Horizon thread has shown, no one has provided an actual reason to switch other than "It's new!"

    The primary major awesome thing that was brandied about were the optimizations in DX10, which would let Shattered Horizon run better. From what I gather, the game ran like shit at high settings, even on powerful computers. And still looked worse, from a technical standpoint, than Crysis. Really cool optimizations, huh?

    I have not seen a single DX10 or 11 game that looks better than Crysis, which was DX9. Even the "ULTRA-HIGH DX10 MODE ONLY OPTIONS" could be enabled in DX9, with some ini hacking with no visible difference between the two. Until we get to the point where I can actually tell the difference, yeah, no, I'll be keeping XP, thank you.

    That's amazingly wrong. Sure the TWO dx10 games you mentioned MIGHT not be the best examples, but there's plenty of reasons to get 7. It's ridiculously more stable. It's almost impossible to get a blue screen other than hardware fault, and most things that took XP down in flames can be killed with the task manager in 7 while the OS soldiers on. The interface is also a lot better, and so is networking and sharing files. Also, 64 bit and 4+ GB RAM.

    Other than that, I know of two games that run fine in XP and have problems in 7, and they're both results of shitty port jobs: SR2 and RFG. With DOSBox and improved compatibility modes, a lot of old Win 9x games run on 7 as well or better than XP.

    And Lord of the Rings Online has decent DX10 support and looks amazing. Much better lighting.

    Not to mention that Microsoft itself is not supporting that ancient OS anymore.

    I know all that shit because I've running Win7 exclusively since RC came out last May. That's 9 months of intense 10 hour a day usage, for gaming and office work. I also used XP since launch, up until 7RC. So I actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

    Now you could give me some actual, objective reasons to keep using that patched up obsolete crap that's XP. I'm really curious.

    Costs money.


    This is the only reason people complain about it.

    I'm still using vista but even that is a gazillion times better then xp.

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Yet, as the Shattered Horizon thread has shown, no one has provided an actual reason to switch other than "It's new!"

    The primary major awesome thing that was brandied about were the optimizations in DX10, which would let Shattered Horizon run better. From what I gather, the game ran like shit at high settings, even on powerful computers. And still looked worse, from a technical standpoint, than Crysis. Really cool optimizations, huh?

    I have not seen a single DX10 or 11 game that looks better than Crysis, which was DX9. Even the "ULTRA-HIGH DX10 MODE ONLY OPTIONS" could be enabled in DX9, with some ini hacking with no visible difference between the two. Until we get to the point where I can actually tell the difference, yeah, no, I'll be keeping XP, thank you.

    That's amazingly wrong. Sure the TWO dx10 games you mentioned MIGHT not be the best examples, but there's plenty of reasons to get 7. It's ridiculously more stable. It's almost impossible to get a blue screen other than hardware fault, and most things that took XP down in flames can be killed with the task manager in 7 while the OS soldiers on. The interface is also a lot better, and so is networking and sharing files. Also, 64 bit and 4+ GB RAM.

    Other than that, I know of two games that run fine in XP and have problems in 7, and they're both results of shitty port jobs: SR2 and RFG. With DOSBox and improved compatibility modes, a lot of old Win 9x games run on 7 as well or better than XP.

    And Lord of the Rings Online has decent DX10 support and looks amazing. Much better lighting.

    Not to mention that Microsoft itself is not supporting that ancient OS anymore.

    I know all that shit because I've running Win7 exclusively since RC came out last May. That's 9 months of intense 10 hour a day usage, for gaming and office work. I also used XP since launch, up until 7RC. So I actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

    Now you could give me some actual, objective reasons to keep using that patched up obsolete crap that's XP. I'm really curious.

    Costs money.


    This is the only reason people complain about it.

    I'm still using vista but even that is a gazillion times better then xp.

    It's the reason I haven't upgraded yet. I'm not necessarily complaining about Windows 7 existing, I'm just disappointed when a game I became excited about is announced to run DX10-only.

    It's purely economic efficiency for me. I like a lot of games. For the price of W7 I could get three or four modern games I'm interested in that will run on XP. It'll take more time or an insanely tempting game for me to justify the cost of the upgrade, because I don't really care about the rest of the o/s. They both seem to work.

    So I'm just a little sad when Just Cause 2 closes the door through which I was hoping to enter it.

    .Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Damn right, skippy! I'm not forking out money for an OS I can't know for sure will run fine on my system.

    Back to Just Cause 2, I hear there's sky diving. OOOOOOOH!

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh I'm sure M$ could release DX10 for XP but they won't because they want people to dish out for the upgrade. And to that I say: not gonna happen. They can fuck off with their purchase-a-new-version-every-year bullshit.

    You lose all credibility when you type M$

    Also, it's been 9 years since XP came out and 3 since Vista. So your "purchase a new version every year"? Yeah, doesn't cut it.

    SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    BASE JUMPING

    hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Especially since they did some research and found that while 7 is doing pretty well, 48 percent of the PC gaming community is still using XP?

    I mean, it still works best for games without having to futz around to get stuff to work. Why wouldn't you use XP?

    Because after using 7, XP is shit from a rotten dead butt.

    Seriously, dudes, you had to buy a Super NES to play Super Mario World. You had to buy Win 95 to play a shitload of games. You had to buy a 3D card to play another shitload of games. You had to buy an Xbox 360 to... I guess you get the gist.

    XP is old, dead and gone. It's terrible. Win 7 is much better. Much more stable. Has better drivers and an infinitely better 64 bit version. DX11 games are already showing up.

    Yet, as the Shattered Horizon thread has shown, no one has provided an actual reason to switch other than "It's new!"

    The primary major awesome thing that was brandied about were the optimizations in DX10, which would let Shattered Horizon run better. From what I gather, the game ran like shit at high settings, even on powerful computers. And still looked worse, from a technical standpoint, than Crysis. Really cool optimizations, huh?

    I have not seen a single DX10 or 11 game that looks better than Crysis, which was DX9. Even the "ULTRA-HIGH DX10 MODE ONLY OPTIONS" could be enabled in DX9, with some ini hacking with no visible difference between the two. Until we get to the point where I can actually tell the difference, yeah, no, I'll be keeping XP, thank you.

    That's amazingly wrong. Sure the TWO dx10 games you mentioned MIGHT not be the best examples, but there's plenty of reasons to get 7. It's ridiculously more stable. It's almost impossible to get a blue screen other than hardware fault, and most things that took XP down in flames can be killed with the task manager in 7 while the OS soldiers on. The interface is also a lot better, and so is networking and sharing files. Also, 64 bit and 4+ GB RAM.

    Other than that, I know of two games that run fine in XP and have problems in 7, and they're both results of shitty port jobs: SR2 and RFG. With DOSBox and improved compatibility modes, a lot of old Win 9x games run on 7 as well or better than XP.

    And Lord of the Rings Online has decent DX10 support and looks amazing. Much better lighting.

    Not to mention that Microsoft itself is not supporting that ancient OS anymore.

    I know all that shit because I've running Win7 exclusively since RC came out last May. That's 9 months of intense 10 hour a day usage, for gaming and office work. I also used XP since launch, up until 7RC. So I actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

    Now you could give me some actual, objective reasons to keep using that patched up obsolete crap that's XP. I'm really curious.

    Service Pack 2's support doesn't end till July of this year.

    And there's no end date mentioned for XPSP3 here. Wikipedia (hurgh) says 2014 for end of SP3 support, but nothing on Microsoft's site says that.

    So yeah, Microsoft has totally dropped support for XP. Absolutely. No support at all.

    But that's off topic, I don't care HOW good Win7 is, unless I absolutely have to, I'm not paying 200 dollars for the privilege of playing games that can, and have to, use DX9. My primary reasons for still using XP are: 1: Not broken, won't be broken. 2: Mobo can't support any more RAM than 2 gig. 3: I have more than one key, so if something goes wrong when I upgrade, but after I install XP, I can reinstall instantly without WGA pitching a hissyfit that I used the same key more than once in six months. Objective? No. But why pay 200 dollars to fix something that's not broken?



    If Just Cause 2 were just a PC game, like Shattered Horizon, where they said "We built this from the ground up for DX10/11, so we can't make an XP version", sure, I'll point out that 48% of the market remains using XP, and that thus far DX10/11 has shown no real improvement over DX9 (still waiting on that, by the way) But I can't fault them too much for it.

    Just Cause 2, however, is running on the 360. Ergo, it uses DX9. ATI, the designers of the 360 GPU said that while DX10-like effects can be replicated, it isn't DX10. See the link I posted earlier. As Crysis has shown us, DX10 effects can be replicated in DX9 just by enabling the options in the menu, as far as anyone can tell. If you can prove me wrong, please link me to someplace with something concrete, rather than just saying "you're wrong." There's no reason for Just Cause 2 to not support XP other than...

    I can't think of any. They're cutting their market in half by doing this. The mind is boggled.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    They've stated numerous times that they've created the PC version of the game independently of t he console versions, that it's not a port at all. They've also said there's a surprise for PC gamers we've yet to see/hear about so whatever....

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Oh.

    Well then, they're not as mind-bogglingly silly gooseish as I thought they were.

    But still pretty silly gooseish.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Yeah ,I'm just as annoyed as you are. I really didn't see the benefit, from Avalanche's point of view to this all. They're pretty much an unknown developer and their first game was financially a bust. I think it barely scraped a profit so it wasn't all bad news but how many people had honestly picked it up or even heard of it? Honestly, I don't believe for a second that Microsoft had any part in this, you know, financially. Like, they didn't ask Avalanche to do this. I reckon Avalanche did it because it was the easiest and most convenient way of pumping out a fantastic looking game.

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    New V-log for the PS3 video capture stuff. Lucky sods :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMLuuzKyDzs

    edit: Gametrailers also has an interview with the squeenix guy and some new footage of the game. Looks sexier with out the HUD elements.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/freedom-interview-just-cause-2/62394

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Yeah ,I'm just as annoyed as you are. I really didn't see the benefit, from Avalanche's point of view to this all. They're pretty much an unknown developer and their first game was financially a bust. I think it barely scraped a profit so it wasn't all bad news but how many people had honestly picked it up or even heard of it? Honestly, I don't believe for a second that Microsoft had any part in this, you know, financially. Like, they didn't ask Avalanche to do this. I reckon Avalanche did it because it was the easiest and most convenient way of pumping out a fantastic looking game.

    The game did pretty well in Europe

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Oh I'm sure M$ could release DX10 for XP but they won't because they want people to dish out for the upgrade. And to that I say: not gonna happen. They can fuck off with their purchase-a-new-version-every-year bullshit.

    You lose all credibility when you type M$

    Also, it's been 9 years since XP came out and 3 since Vista. So your "purchase a new version every year"? Yeah, doesn't cut it.

    Humf, you and your newfangled "logic". ;)

    Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Yeah ,I'm just as annoyed as you are. I really didn't see the benefit, from Avalanche's point of view to this all. They're pretty much an unknown developer and their first game was financially a bust. I think it barely scraped a profit so it wasn't all bad news but how many people had honestly picked it up or even heard of it? Honestly, I don't believe for a second that Microsoft had any part in this, you know, financially. Like, they didn't ask Avalanche to do this. I reckon Avalanche did it because it was the easiest and most convenient way of pumping out a fantastic looking game.

    The game did pretty well in Europe

    But not to the extent where Microsoft would pay or even ask Avalanche to make it exclusive to DX10 OS's. You'd be surprised how many people think money exchanged hands/Avalnche were bullied.

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Not for gaming purposes

    But I dread the day I have to upgrade from XP to something else

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »
    Yeah ,I'm just as annoyed as you are. I really didn't see the benefit, from Avalanche's point of view to this all. They're pretty much an unknown developer and their first game was financially a bust. I think it barely scraped a profit so it wasn't all bad news but how many people had honestly picked it up or even heard of it? Honestly, I don't believe for a second that Microsoft had any part in this, you know, financially. Like, they didn't ask Avalanche to do this. I reckon Avalanche did it because it was the easiest and most convenient way of pumping out a fantastic looking game.

    The game did pretty well in Europe

    But not to the extent where Microsoft would pay or even ask Avalanche to make it exclusive to DX10 OS's. You'd be surprised how many people think money exchanged hands/Avalnche were bullied.

    Yeah, that's just a conspiracy theory which holds no water whatsoever. It was a development choice. One that I disagree with, and won't be giving them my money because of it.
    Besides I can't run the damn thing anyway.

    MechMantis on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    I never upgrade. New computers get a new OS, but I learned a long time ago it's not worth the hassle to upgrade in place. Perhaps I'm just losing some of my tinkering spirit.

    ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Oh I'm sure M$ could release DX10 for XP but they won't because they want people to dish out for the upgrade. And to that I say: not gonna happen. They can fuck off with their purchase-a-new-version-every-year bullshit.

    You lose all credibility when you type M$

    Also, it's been 9 years since XP came out and 3 since Vista. So your "purchase a new version every year"? Yeah, doesn't cut it.

    The M$ was kind of a joke. I always laugh when I see someone type it. As for the new version every year thing, it's more in reference to office than windows. But really, why buy a new OS when my current one runs fine with no crashing whatsoever for 2 years +.

    ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2010
    because it won;t run the newer games?

    Big Classy on
Sign In or Register to comment.