Options

[Let's Play] Velvet Assassin - Set 10 - And so the stabbing ends

2»

• Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You mis-linked part two ;P it goes to part 3.

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tight paaaaaants <3

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    You mis-linked part two ;P it goes to part 3.

fixed, sorry!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    About not knowing much about the SS, how strict is that in Germany, really? Like, I hear you aren't allowed to talk about Nazis unless it's in a historical context.

Was this game banned?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Btw Klyka, what is your avatar from? It creeps me out...

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    About not knowing much about the SS, how strict is that in Germany, really? Like, I hear you aren't allowed to talk about Nazis unless it's in a historical context.

Was this game banned?

You can talk about whatever you want. The only censorship is in the usage of the Nazi regime symbols (Swastika, SS Runes ect..). Those are only allowed in either historical context (movies for example) or in art not glorifying them.
    Usually games remove those symbols, for example the old "Commandos" games on PC never had any swastikas on the big red flags in the game.

And no,pretty sure this game wasn't banned. Germany also doesn't ban World War 2 shooters or RTS games.
    As long as games are not too violent and if they don't glorify being a Nazi, it's ok.

@fmz65: My avatar is Brucie from GTA4 put into a Space Marine armor from Dawn of War. I basically always change Brucie into what game I currently like most. Seems it's time for a new costume!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh man, I was so ready for you to headshot the Butcher from behind that box. But you never did.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh man, I was so ready for you to headshot the Butcher from behind that box. But you never did.

I actually thought I would still have to flee! So shooting him there and exposing myself wasn't the best plan for me. Of course then the game forces me into shooting and well...I did have a shotgun.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Set 05 - Hans Petersen: Ubermensch
    Sorry for the delay, I'm on a short vacation trip!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Those cool gun stealth kills, do they waste bullets? Especially since they seem to come out of nowhere.

edit: O hai i should watch the videos before i post.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Those cool gun stealth kills, do they waste bullets? Especially since they seem to come out of nowhere.

No, they use no ammo.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, the fact that that one German didn't see you in the closet only makes the Pervert who saw you in the outhouse more perplexing.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    There is kind of a gap between when you lowered the crane and then it cut to the fuel depot section. What happened in the missing footage?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    There is kind of a gap between when you lowered the crane and then it cut to the fuel depot section. What happened in the missing footage?

Youtube decided to cut my audio from the video because I used Madonna's "Holiday". I went on vacation for 3 days though and could only change it yesterday and sadly I had already deleted videos on my hard drive and had to start from there. You only missed 1:30 though. I basically walked over the crane,went into the fuel depot,dropped down a hole and stabbed a dude. That was in the room the video starts in. So all you missed was another guy getting killed by me.

Set 06 - The weirdest German
    New set, I gave one of my subscribers a little "role" in the LP cause she actually counted how many times I said "German" in the LP and I had (jokingly) promised a prize to whoever does that in one of the sets.

Enjoy!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I for one vote for more explosive deaths.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, these levels get pretty long, huh? Still entertaining, though.

And I laughed, because when you went, "How did I kill 13 people without being stealthy?" I could just go "Electricutions, headshots, explosives..." Didn't think it was quite that many, but I'm certainly not surprised.

I don't know how helpful it will be, since I don't know what's in it, but there's one of those Eagle Lockers in that area, and those generally mean weapon switch. If nothing else, it may be something nice for your boss fight. Don't know if you missed it, or just purposefully didn't acknowledge it, but it was there. (At about 3:00 in your last vid.)

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I don't know how helpful it will be, since I don't know what's in it, but there's one of those Eagle Lockers in that area, and those generally mean weapon switch. If nothing else, it may be something nice for your boss fight. Don't know if you missed it, or just purposefully didn't acknowledge it, but it was there. (At about 3:00 in your last vid.)

It's just a flare gun.

Pretty useful at the end of that mission, but you have the chance to pick up another one before then.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

It's just a flare gun.

Pretty useful by the end of that mission, but you have the chance to pick up another one before then.

Ahh. I figured, since that's what was in the Magical Lockers beforehand, but didn't know for sure.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Set 07 - Shotgun Stealth
    Now with 100% more shotgun! Enjoy!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Why does a stealth game even HAVE a shotgun?!

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    At the end there, wasn't that a fuse box on the right wall that you walked right by? Or was it a sparkly item?

Also. Shotgun Stealth is the best stealth.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    At the end there, wasn't that a fuse box on the right wall that you walked right by? Or was it a sparkly item?

Also. Shotgun Stealth is the best stealth.

It's just a little flickering lamp.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Why does a stealth game even HAVE a shotgun?!

Because it has sections where you have to shoot people? It also has unsilenced pistols and, in the last two missions, an StG 44, which isn't exactly stealthy.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Set 08 - The longest Yard Sale
    Did someone say SHOOTING PEOPLE?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I dunno what's with the mechanic. It's, like, pretty much a proximity thing, at least. But what determines whether or not your cover is broken is pretty much up in the air.

Also, my idea for the area in the Video three section:
    Maybe you're supposed to curve around the back and work your way up the left side in that long shadow there? I didn't see what the shadow situation looked like in the back, but it was a loop around at least so...maybe?

Also, when I read "Did someone say SHOOTING PEOPLE?" I heard it in your voice and laughed. It's just not what you expect to see along with videos for a stealth game.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I know I say it all the time when I'm watching a video and see Klyka struggle to do something hard stealthily, like jump a fence in broad daylight with two guards.

"Just shoot him!"

edit: Hmm, my Set 1 doesn't seem to load past Klyka's cry of "I hate him so much!" in like, :30 seconds.

double edit: Nevermind, I just had to manually skip that part and it loads fine.

I forgot what happened to the three captured agents. The guards said that one refused to take cyanide, or something? Why did Violet have to kill that one guy in the sewer with a gun and then take his poison pill? Isn't that useless?

triple edit: What sort of gamer are you? Big gas tank on a target's back? That's an automatic explosion and it took you too long to realize that.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I knew about the tanks,I actually saw that part in a video before. I just didn't want to be all "OLOLOL RUN IN SHOOT TANKS OLOLOL". Drawing the climax out is part of the show ;)

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Set 09 - Run of the mill stealth
    Almost at the end guys, next set will finish the game!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Why did he have a drum of gas in his office? Not even why did he have one in plain sight of the window, just why did he have it at all? o_O

Also, since we're awake now, I take it that Morphine is no longer in play?

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Set 10 - And so the stabbing ends
    Finished the game, put a little skit at the end of part 07.

Thank you all for watching and posting, see you next LP!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thank god. I was so bored.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    This was quite a fun little LP to watch. I'm glad you played the game and not me, as it really started to show its issues there towards the end, especially with the ending, but at least it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

The way I took the Morphine thing was basically that she was on a drip of it and as she's remembering, whenever she gets to a part where something bad happened, she just clicks the little button and goes "OH WAIT HE DIDN'T SEE ME, I STABBED HIM IN THE FACE." Pretty sure that's how it worked, but that little picture always made me chuckle.

The skit there at the end was wonderful.

Can't wait for the next one!

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This was quite a fun little LP to watch. I'm glad you played the game and not me, as it really started to show its issues there towards the end, especially with the ending, but at least it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Sorry, I'm pretty sure the game has no flaws.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That was great Klyka, looking forward to your next LP.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

Sorry, I'm pretty sure the game has no flaws.

I'd say that huge bug near the end, with the nazis getting predator vision and seeing you in the dark, is a flaw.

Unless this is sarcasm sarcasm lol.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Wait, how did Violet think she was betrayed? Didn't one old guy kill himself rather than tell the Nazi regime where Violet was? Does she mean the other guy? I guess the Nazis found out she was there somehow. He must have told her.

edit: I don't think I can take her soliloquy seriously when she's banging on the church doors in her nightie, boobs about to pop out.

double edit: Well that last mission was a lark. You didn't get to save anyone! And that guy with the burnt face looked like he came out of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I don't think it was General Kamm

How the hell were you supposed to stealth kill anyone in that last level? You killed one guy by shooting the oil under him, that should be one.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    double edit: Well that last mission was a lark. You didn't get to save anyone! And that guy with the burnt face looked like he came out of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I don't think it was General Kamm

I really don't see who else it could be though. It was a big deal that he got 'burnt to death' because of her, and then there at the end, they dramatically showed his charred face. If it wasn't him, they certainly tried to make you think it was.

I agree that a lot of the circumstance kills should've counted as stealth kills. They almost certainly would've in other stealth games. But I guess they just really wanted to get the most out of the animations they made.

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    They had that brand new hacking animation.

Wiki says it was Kamm, so I guess Violette failed. Why she didn't just put a bullet in his brain I can't tell.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    They had that brand new hacking animation.

Wiki says it was Kamm, so I guess Violette failed. Why she didn't just put a bullet in his brain I can't tell.

If you check the part again, the only thing you can see his the barrel, you have no clear view of his room.
    So shooting him was no option.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg