As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Prelude to Phallakinetic - Non-psychics win!

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also, thanks to CC for at least waiting to the last second to vote so that the baddies can't block the vote today :D

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also....*facepalm*. I've gotten a clarification from Edcrab that the arcadians can win together simply by killing off the baddies. Ask him yourself if you don't believe me. Or maybe Ed can post in the thread?.

Whatever. It's all up to Trust, now.

I wish I'd asked earlier so I could have told CC this. Or that CC had thought to ask himself :(

El Skid on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Arcadians can win together by killing off the baddies.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    hi^5

El Skid on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ooOooOooOoo

Way for that clarification to come in after the bad guys killed me. :|

Why meeeeeeeeeeee? I was too young and pretty to die!

ooOooOooOoo

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Congratulations go to trust, who pretty much wins whatever he does.

Because, you see, I'm totally not psychic. But Trust is. That's why we're still playing.

El Skid on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »
    oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Oh shit, I think I hear the Dac Vin signal! Well, one of them at least. :lol:

oOoOoOoOoOoOo

*gkht!*

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's dead quiet in here all of a sudden

El Skid on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    It's dead quiet in here all of a sudden
    Hey, I've been here all day, I'm allowed to step out!

Anyways, aznman, of course.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can't believe I got away with that. All you guys yacking away, no-one even thought about little old me...

So who should I vote for?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Trust wrote: »
    I can't believe I got away with that. All you guys yacking away, no-one even thought about little old me...

So who should I vote for?
    We thought about you. We seered you.

Vote azn.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Azn so the village wins. Hmmmmm. I could be tempted.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Kidding.....

Aznman!

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Basically Trust, it works like this:

If El Skid is telling the truth and you are in fact the last psychic, then if you survive and El Skid dies everybody in the game completes their victory conditions except for the Domarians. That being the case you should vote for El Skid.

If El Skid is lying, then if you die everybody wins, except for the Domarians.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ebfan wrote: »
    Basically Trust, it works like this:

If El Skid is telling the truth and you are in fact the last psychic, then if you survive and El Skid dies everybody in the game completes their victory conditions except for the Domarians. That being the case you should vote for El Skid.

If El Skid is lying, then if you die everybody wins, except for the Domarians.

So, !IamtheAznman then?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OooOOoooO

-_-
    things to say I have

OoooOOooO

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    El Skid screw the Arcadian be with your psychic brethren. There are 3 of us psychics and one non psychic and one stupid robot thing. If you want more people to win then come with us. I know you aren't the last non-psychic and that !Trust is. Nice try though.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    See? I have learned.

Noone ever take my advice, or believes I am telling the truth. So from now on, I'm totally going to just tell the bad guys the truth, and they'll never believe me!

Muahahahaa

Edit: Next game- You should definitely kill the guy that we know isn't evil rather than take a shot in the dark at one of the two unconfirmed people, Kime. Trust me

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well I know you aren't telling the truth because we could convert psychics to our side. Last night we targeted Trust and he wasn't converted so obviously you must be the psychic.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    See? I told you to convert me and you didn't.

Why can noone else see how this works?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey I thought you were a non psychic by your hard struggle to get the village to vote for me and saying there were more non psychics then converts. If you vote for Trust tonight, I can probably still get to convert you. It doesn't matter even if I can't because you will still win with us Psychics. Plus we don't want the dirty hating domarion psychic killers association to win, do we?

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I will admit I have tried some deception in the past, but I'm totally ready to be honest with you now.

That said, I think I'm gonna have to stay with the vote on you, because of all the reasons I've already stated.

Besides, if I were to switch sides while unconverted now I would be causing all the villagers who died to lose. There would be so much grudging, whereas killing off the team who has neglected to convert me the whole game is hardly even grudge-worthy. Especially when I told you to do it when you had the chance :(

On the bright side, you'll still win if you have the ability to convert me tonight AND off Trust. I just don't think you can do that, given that there are only 2 of you left. Instead of like 5.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey I thought you were non-psychic okay. You did a good job convincing me! Well I guess if you aren't changing your vote, I guess the games over.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Hey I thought you were non-psychic okay. You did a good job convincing me! Well I guess if you aren't changing your vote, I guess the games over.

That is my sincere hope. I wouldn't put it past you to have another one-use thing up your sleeve that would allow you to win or cause a draw... You wouldn't wind me up like that, would you?

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    No more hidden cards, I think this day only exists for me to try to convince you to come to the Dark Side. Sure you don't want to change your mind? It'd be way cooler to win with us.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You guys think I'm not psychic? You tried to convert me and it didn't work? Either I'm wrong, or you fucked up somewhere.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I sent a PM for Trust. It didn't work. It only works on Psychics, so obviously you aren't one.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ahahahahahahaha.

This day is perhaps the awesome-est day in phalla. Ever.

I <3 Trust.

edit: Maybe you should try to convert Trust again. Instead of...you know. Converting me.

Wait, I'm confused. Am I supposed to be telling you the truth by your PoV or the villages? I'll think about that and get back to you.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I sent a PM for Trust. It didn't work. It only works on Psychics, so obviously you aren't one.
    :(

Ummmm..... Are you sure about all that?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It was said in my pm, unless he was guarded or something.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Lol this is great. Everyone saying one thing in the thread, saying something else in PM's, and meaning a third thing entirely.

Can someone lay down my options and what the outcomes would be? I'm trying to look at who would win if I did what.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It was said in my pm, unless he was guarded or something.
    I am so confused!
    Lol this is great. Everyone saying one thing in the thread, saying something else in PM's, and meaning a third thing entirely.

Can someone lay down my options and what the outcomes would be? I'm trying to look at who would win if I did what.
    Smile, nod, and keep your vote where it is. The last two Disciples are outed.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    So we have 4 factions right now:
    Domarions who want all psychics dead.
    2 Disciples who want all non psychics dead.
    1 non psychic who wants Disciples dead.
    1 psychic who can win with anyone but the Domarions.

Disciples can convert Psychics each night and it failed on you Trust so barring some ridiculous thing, I assume you are the last non psychic. Therefore I'm trying to convince Skid? I don't know this game is ridiculous.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

If we keep our votes on the bad guys, one dies to the vote and the robot eats the other and we win with the village. I don't think there's anything they can do to stop it.

Azn is hoping that the non-baddies have zero tricks left up their sleeves and that if they can vote out the remaining non-psychic then the baddies and/or psychics will win.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Right. My PM says I can win if either the renegade dies, or all non-psychics die.

Since the Renegade won, I can't take him down. However, there are still 2 of his disciples running around. Edcrab has said that killing them counts. Killing them wins for the village as a whole.

I could also go for the killing the non psychics, allowing for the secondary condition. Trouble is, that allows a shared village/mafia victory, if I understand it correctly. Should I kill an innocent to allow a partial mafia victory?

And then there are the Domarions. Well, one big robot thing anyway. They want all psychics dead, but can't win because they can't kill all the psychics before another faction achieves their win condition.

I think we need Edcrab to answer some questions before this gets any less complicated.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Actually, the Domarions only need the baddies dead. They can happily win with you and/or I, short of last-second conversion.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I could also go for the killing the non psychics, allowing for the secondary condition. Trouble is, that allows a shared village/mafia victory, if I understand it correctly. Should I kill an innocent to allow a partial mafia victory?

Well if you are the psychic, yes.

I guess my conversion was guarded or busdrivered last night? sigh

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

You will probably not be able to do that, just FYI.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    El Skid wrote: »
    Actually, the Domarions only need the baddies dead. They can happily win with you and/or I, short of last-second conversion.

What makes you think this?

They are here to kill all Psychics. Edcrabs clarification said all ARCADIANS can win by killing the remaining disciples. Arcadians do not equal Domarions.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

Well if you are the psychic, yes.

I guess my conversion was guarded or busdrivered last night? sigh

It's...it's like magic. The words pass from my lips and are immediately converted into some sort of...of... non-believable buzzing which barely registers on people's minds.

I happily wait for next year's phalla awards.

El Skid on