As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shooting at Holocaust Museum

GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
There's been a shooting at the Holocaust Museum in DC. At least 2 people wounded, suspect is a white supremacist.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/10/museum.shooting/index.html

The shooter is currently in critical condition. I know, not much to actually D&D about this.

steam_sig.png
IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
GoodOmens on

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The guard he shot just died, according to CNN.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The first thing I though of was to consider making a Battle at the Smithsonian related joke.

I am a horrible person.

moniker on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I heard that the area was blocked off in a traffic report, and they just said to avoid the area. They didn't mention anything about a shooting, though.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    TPM did a report on the suspect here.

Let's see, a veteran involved in right-wing terrorism. Who could have possibly predicted it?

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Shooter info, gathered via cable news and teh intarwebs:

James von Brunn, born in 1920
    American Serviceman in WW2
    Self-publishing white supremacist author
    Some connections to Redstate.com, mostly as mentions and marketing for his books
    Anti-semite and outspoken anti-Christian; blamed Christians for the fall of Rome
    Holocaust denier
    Used a rifle in the shooting, took a bullet in the head, listed as "critical condition"

Most of this stuff has been verified (at least in cable news terms) by multiple networks. The connections to rightwing blogs seem to only be making a dent in coverage on the web, so take it with a grain of salt.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The shooter is apparently a 88 year-old Freeper WWII veteren who's sort of a big shot in the white supremacist community.

Between this and the recent Tiller murder I am becoming slightly nervous.

*edit* I saw the rightwing blog stuff mentioned on the news earlier, so it's getting some press.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    TPM did a report on the suspect here.

Let's see, a veteran involved in right-wing terrorism. Who could have possibly predicted it?
    Certainly not DHS!

Bama on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Christ, this is terrible.

They just sent an alert around the office, lots of roads are closed down.

I guess that memo about an upsurge in right-wing terrorism... not so far-fetched?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    The shooter is apparently a 88 year-old Freeper WWII veteren who's sort of a big shot in the white supremacist community.

*edit* I saw the rightwing blog stuff mentioned on the news earlier, so it's getting some press.

This, Tiller, that dude that shot up a UU church...

SQUIRREL! on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »

The guy that killed 3 cops in Pittsburgh...

OptimusZed on

• Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The hilarious(ly sad) part is the number of right-wingers who freaked out at that White House memo, which has been proven entirely right.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's like the Conspiracy Theory thread and GOP thread made love and had horrible, murderous babies.

I wonder what he hoped to accomplish by shooting people at the Holocaust museum. I know he's a denier and white supremacist, but isn't that a place that's largely visited by students?

Invisible on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Invisible wrote: »
    It's like the Conspiracy Theory thread and GOP thread made love and had horrible, murderous babies.

I wonder what he hoped to accomplish by shooting people at the Holocaust museum. I know he's a denier and white supremacist, but isn't that a place that's largely visited by students?

Students never happened.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The hilarious(ly sad) part is the number of right-wingers who freaked out at that White House memo, which has been proven entirely right.
    They're already up and swinging over how this sort pattern of right wing violence doesn't mean there's a pattern of right wing violence.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »

The guy that killed 3 cops in Pittsburgh...

The other guy in Denver.

moniker on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    That is a terrible OP.

Try again, this time with more than "<link> Discuss!"

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.