As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PIP - Online Survey/Discussion

Naked-Celtic-LadyNaked-Celtic-Lady Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm currently doing my Higher School Certificate in Sydney. I don't necessarily need help on this project but more so your answers and opinions to a few questions;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uztbEdsHmks

Any responses or opinions you have to the following questions I would love to hear! This all goes towards my Personal Interest Project (major work) for Society and Culture.

1. Do you feel that young pregnant women living within lower-socio economic areas are less capable of raising a child than those in higher class areas?

2. Do you believe that it is more responsible for a young pregnant woman to abort her pregnancy or keep the child? Give reasons for your answer.

3. Out of these two pictures which girl do you believe would be more capable of raising a child?

Option A-

4892_89405112460_532597460_2383235_5892617_n.jpg

Option B-

4892_89405122460_532597460_2383236_2224794_n.jpg

Any responses would be greatly appreciated, you're more than welcome to post directly here, or private message me. Otherwise you can email me at jennifer.robinson91@hotmail.com

Cheers

-I'm not entirely sure if this is appropriate for this forum, if not, I would be really grateful if anybody could link me to community or discussion groups that this would be appropriate for. Thanks again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Naked-Celtic-Lady on

• Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm currently doing my Higher School Certificate in Sydney. I don't necessarily need help on this project but more so your answers and opinions to a few questions;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uztbEdsHmks

Any responses or opinions you have to the following questions I would love to hear! This all goes towards my Personal Interest Project (major work) for Society and Culture.

1. Do you feel that young pregnant women living within lower-socio economic areas are less capable of raising a child than those in higher class areas?

Absolutely

edit: Let me elaborate.

Not all women living in higher socio-economic levels are more capable than those that don't, but generally, financial stability leads to a better standard of living. I beleive money is extremely important in raising a child. Proper nutrition, better education etc...

For reference, I live in a high socio-economic area.

2. Do you believe that it is more responsible for a young pregnant woman to abort her pregnancy or keep the child? Give reasons for your answer.

For a young pregnant woman living in any socio economic situation? Depends how young and whether or not that person would be capable in raising a child. If there isn't parental or other support, then definitely. Young people aren't generally equipped with the maturity to raise a child. In a lot of cases, doing so would be, in my opinion, worse than aborting it.

3. Out of these two pictures which girl do you believe would be more capable of raising a child?

Option A-

4892_89405112460_532597460_2383235_5892617_n.jpg

Option B-

4892_89405122460_532597460_2383236_2224794_n.jpg

The second one, because she looks richer . Seriously though, that's pretty much it. She looks more responsible because of the way she dresses and the way she is sitting.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Its kind of not, but I'm not sure there's a forum around that would accept this without skewing your data unacceptably. Online survey may be convenient, but its not a robust research technique by any means. You're already attempting to sample a self-selecting population without querying any of their background characteristics - you've requested no demographic, educational, or occupational information from your respondents, so not only can you not generalise to the population at large, you can't even adequately describe who you're sampling. Taking the time to qualitatively analyse personal information from posts here might help compensate for that (would also have given you a clue about the suitability of this thread), but I doubt you have the time and I also doubt that a secondary level course would have taught you the relevant research skills.

I'd also suggest that your chosen photographs carry a number of cultural markers that might not have the same meaning to many of the people on this forum. Most of the posters here are western, but many aren't, and many aren't from anglo cultures either.

You need to write a better survey, and you probably need to be doing more than posting this to forums if you want to have any hope of getting a useful data set.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I am not posting here for solid material for my research, I have already done extensive research working closely with young pregnant women of Sydney and have directly surveyed and held focus groups. If anything this is more for curiousity and even to hear people's general thoughts on this topic as it is my area of interest.

This is in no way the backbone of my Interest Project.

Naked-Celtic-Lady on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm pro-choice, but even so to me your second question is a blatently false dicotomy. Why no option for adoption? In reality it's not an either/or choice between raising a child and getting an abortion.

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am not posting here for solid material for my research, I have already done extensive research working closely with young pregnant women of Sydney and have directly surveyed and held focus groups. If anything this is more for curiousity and even to hear people's general thoughts on this topic as it is my area of interest.

This is in no way the backbone of my Interest Project.

Than you may find D&D a better location for opinions.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Thanks heaps

Naked-Celtic-Lady on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]