As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A digital converter? Do I need? - Solved first post.

Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I don't pay for television service cuz I don't watch much TV and I gots the Hulu and the Youtube on my 360. But, I do enjoy watching some junk on broadcast on occasion. So, I have two fairly new flatscreen hdtvs, one Toshiba and one Vizio, and I'm a bit confused on whether or not I need to buy two digital converters or if I can just buy two regular old rabbit ears.

So, like... help.

Edit: I've actually attempted to find this answer myself on Google, but... yeah.... no go.

Richard_Dastardly on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You can get an HD antenna and pick up OTA (over the air) HD channels fo' frizzle.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    grungeboxgrungebox Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm reasonably certain any newer TV has a built-in digital antenna receiver. You do not need anything extra to pick up OTA channels

grungebox on
    Quail is just hipster chicken
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    yea, if you have an HDTV, it more than likely has a digital tuner. But to be safe, just google your TV model number and look as the specs.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You people are awesome.

Richard_Dastardly on
This discussion has been closed.