As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

iPhone voicemail help

WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
My girlfriends father just died very suddenly She has a few voice mails of him telling her he loves her and a few random other things.

I would very much like to get the voicemail from her phone into an mp3 or mp4 format. I have tried googling a how to but everything is for hacked iPhones or get a mic and play the voice mail on speaker which I'm sure would sound terrible since I cant afford a really badass mic.

So I turn to you anyone have any advice/info on how to get the voicemail off the phone ad onto a computer?

camo_sig2.png
WIckedkarma on

• Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Voicemail isn't saved on the iphone itself, but on a separate voicemail server handled by ATT (if you're in the US)

Maybe try contacting them, but beyond that, playing the voicemails into a mic on your computer might be the best bet

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited June 2009
    get a stereo headphone jack to headphone jack cable, plug one end into your iphone headphone jack and the other end into the line-in on your computer.

Record the line in audio using whatever audio tool you are most comfortable with. If you are NOT comfy with audio tools, take a peek at Sound Recorder (which has been in every version of windows since 3.1) or Audacity (if you seek more control, is totally free).

Note that you will have to point your computers recording device to line in, which is different between xp and vista/win7. If you don't know how to do this (both are accomplished under sound/audio devices in the control panel), feel free to ask.

Sorry about her loss :(

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Most phones this is true ,but thanks to visual voicemail the iPhone does in fact save a copyocally.

If her phone was hacked I could just FTP into it and hit up /private/var/mobile/Library/Voicemail/ and get them. But she refused to let me hack her phone when she got it. =(

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • WIckedkarmaWIckedkarma AustinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    syndalis wrote: »
    get a stereo headphone jack to headphone jack cable, plug one end into your iphone headphone jack and the other end into the line-in on your computer.

Record the line in audio using whatever audio tool you are most comfortable with. If you are NOT comfy with audio tools, take a peek at Sound Recorder (which has been in every version of windows since 3.1) or Audacity (if you seek more control, is totally free).

Note that you will have to point your computers recording device to line in, which is different between xp and vista/win7. If you don't know how to do this (both are accomplished under sound/audio devices in the control panel), feel free to ask.

Sorry about her loss :(

Why did I not think of this??

Thank you sooo much this really means alot to the both of us.

WIckedkarma on
    camo_sig2.png
  • scottkotlerscottkotler Registered User new member
    edited June 2010
    I found this video on You Tube. Looks like you can save your iPhone voicemails to your computer with this program! Hope that helps. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGC7zuirR0w

http://decipher-media.com/decipher-voicemail/

scottkotler on