As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer

2»

• zero_bitzero_bit Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    It's cool to see a darker, more realistic but not quite realistic CG as opposed to the bright, colorful cheery CG that Pixar, Dreamworks, Disney put out. Not that I'm against those films (to the contrary, I love them) but it's nice to see something different.

It also warms the cockles to think that the new generation of kids are enjoying the same (well, similiar) fun-loving, pizza eating, 'dude' hollering absurd characters that are the TMNT.

Also, Raphael is the greatest.

[spoiler:aa8c67e81a]teehee... cockles[/spoiler:aa8c67e81a]

zero_bit on
  • klokklok Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    A new live action turtles movie would be just like how the phantom menace was to star wars.

klok on
  • MadJackMadJack Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    in the world i live in there was only two TMNT movies. the suposed third one every one brings up is a mass hulluniation from all the combined drugs done in the 60's killing the american psychie.

"There is no third turtles movie" - bald little girl in the matrix deleted scene

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Torso Boy wrote:
    The first movie was great. The second was pretty good. The third was pointless.
    Fixed. And I want, nay, need there to be a Casey Jones presence in this film.

I am pumped.

i think he might be the guy in the red, but probably not, 1:02
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PxhnAup6ql8&mode=related&search=

EDIT: Ya hes in it check out IMDB it has Quinton Finn doing his voice
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0283594/

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MadJack wrote:
    in the world i live in there was only two TMNT movies. the suposed third one every one brings up is a mass hulluniation from all the combined drugs done in the 60's killing the american psychie.

"There is no third turtles movie" - bald little girl in the matrix deleted scene
    This is the third TMNT movie.
    MadJack wrote:
    i think he might be the guy in the red, but probably not, 1:02
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=PxhnAup6ql8&mode=related&search=

EDIT: Ya hes in it check out IMDB it has Quinton Finn doing his voice
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0283594/
    Fingers are crossed.

Torso Boy on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Ninja post elimination.

Torso Boy on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Guys, the heads are bigger because that's more like the comic.

Otherwise, it look pretty cartoony.

august on
    edited December 2006
    is there a huge ninja sloth in any of the turtles stuff?

MadJack on
    forumsig.jpg
  • Lew ZealandLew Zealand Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Here are some screenshots of what must be the entire movie. Make a fun flipbook for your friends!

Lew Zealand on
  • MentholMenthol Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Aww man, a "Once every certain amount of time things from space come and try to kill earth" plot. Everything else looks awesome, though.

QFT. Oh noes, teh stars are aligning.

:roll: That has just about ruined it for me, already.

Menthol on
    sigbz8.jpg
    You're not L33T enough for IDI/RN FTP!
  • ArtonosArtonos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Menthol wrote:
    Aww man, a "Once every certain amount of time things from space come and try to kill earth" plot. Everything else looks awesome, though.

QFT. Oh noes, teh stars are aligning.

:roll: That has just about ruined it for me, already.

I know what you mean at first it looked like it might actually be a good movie. But, this kind of plot has been beaten to death. It could still be good movie despite its plot though it will be harder.

Artonos on
    edited December 2006
    <rant>

AND WHICH STARS? They never mention WHICH stars are aligning. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that stars, you know, were pretty much fixed where they are barring the gradual expansion or collapse (depending on who you ask) of the universe.

They only seem to move because of earth's rotation, orbit, and tilted axis.

SO annoying.

</rant>

Menthol on
    sigbz8.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    By stars they could actually be talking about planets. A planet like Venus looks just like a star when you look at it in the night sky.

Marathon on
    edited December 2006
    true enough... but if they know enough about the movement of celestial bodies to know that it heralds impending doom, you'd think they'd be able to call said celestial bodies by their proper names.

Menthol on
    sigbz8.jpg
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The ancient peoples of South America were smart enough to come up with the concept of the number zero before anyone else. But they were not smart enough to say no to blankets chock full of disease.

Just sayin that them old civilizations can be pretty smart and nearly retarded at the same time :)

Marathon on
    edited December 2006
    Some of those south america tribes used to file their teeth into points and paint them alternating colors. Oh, and they would hang a bead between their kids eyes to cause them to go cross-eyed. 'Cause being cross-eyed was sexy.

Myep. What odd people they were.

Menthol on
    sigbz8.jpg