[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    How do you feel about francophiles?

shankill's not that bad

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what

I'm not a francophile

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    le shut up

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    can't believe i chuckled at that

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    brit sci-fi sounds like it'd be right up my ally

been meaning to borrow a lot of dr. who from a buddy

Calamity Jane on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    french.png

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think fawlty towers is still my favourite british tv show

yeah, it is.

L|ama on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    How does a fuckin' Fandyien thread make it to six pages in three hours when my own British TV threads fail so miserably :(

:cry:

Janson on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    I think fawlty towers is still my favourite british tv show

yeah, it is.

'Don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it.'

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    How does a fuckin' Fandyien thread make it to six pages in three hours when my own British TV threads fail so miserably :(

:cry:

Got something to say about mah threads

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nothing except that you make so many

Janson on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Plus, you're not even British

Janson on
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Rowan Atkinson is always fantastic. Pink Tights and Plenty of Props is still one of my all-time favorite stage productions

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    tete toi

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I heard this was a Blackadder thread and I came as fast as I could

I wasted years of my life thinking that Rowan Atkinson was just Mr. Bean, and I've been making up time since then. It is probably no surprise that Blackadder Goes Forth is my favourite, but they're all so good. And his standup is excellent, too.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's a toss-up between Blackadder the first and Blackadder the third for me

Though Blackadder goes forth is admittedly incredibly hilarious

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fuck Darkplace

I've tried to watch it, really tried

There's not a damn thing enjoyable about it

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    what season is the blackadder one where he 'goes to america'? That's an excellent one.

YOU HAVE THE HANDS OF A WOMAN

L|ama on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    well there's your answer! us americans can relate to his perspective on britcoms as a fellow american

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Because Americans take a good idea and make it bigger?

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    what season is the blackadder one where he 'goes to america'? That's an excellent one.

second

that and the third are easily the best

FAQ on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    FAQ wrote: »

second

that and the third are easily the best

I was very surprised when I found out that was Tom Baker. Looking back on it now, I can't see how I missed it previously.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That is my favourite episode! It's from Blackadder II, and the episode is called Potato. Incidentally, not only is Redbeard Tom Baker, Raleigh is the guy who played Arthur Dent on the BBC version of the Hitchhiker's Guide.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    speakin of random british tv shows, has anyone checked out the inbetweeners? love it to death, but god, it had some moments that made me cringe so hard. while i didn't have quite the same wacky adventures, it really strucka chord with me and is the best high school show i've seen since freaks and geeks

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    speakin of random british tv shows, has anyone checked out the inbetweeners? love it to death, but god, it had some moments that made me cringe so hard. while i didn't have quite the same wacky adventures, it really strucka chord with me and is the best high school show i've seen since freaks and geeks
    I like the Inbetweeners but every time I see it I think about how it's a pale shadow of series 1-3 of Peep Show.

My favourite series of Blackadder is a toss-up between 2 and 3.

tFandy: I was trying to tell you that you mistook Peter Cook, one of the greatest comedians to have ever lived, for Alan Rickman.

bongi on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Darkplace is amazing and the Dean Learner / Garth Marenghi / Todd Rivers in-character commentary on the DVD is pure gold. They point out all the inconsistencies and mention every time a shot was done in Dean's garage.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009

Neither are you, you left. You're like Hugh Laurie to my Stephen Fry. The BBC will make a documentary about my 50th birthday while yours will go curiously without comment because you're a yank now.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Dean Lerner's rant about def leppard is one of my favourite comedy monologues of all time and I think of it every time I need to remember how to spell def leppard

that was the first and second time

Tube on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    I haven't ever actually watched the extras on the DVD! I should do that

[edit]There's another British comedy that I feel like only ten people watched, called Nighty Night, which is as black as the night and incredibly funny. You should all watch that too.

bongi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I actually found Nighty Nighty was a bit too much black with a bit too little comedy. It was good, but there's a point at which "isn't what she's saying awful?" isn't cringe comedy, it's just cringing. Also Kevin Eldon is in it and he's up there with the worst journeyman comics in England today.

Tube on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    I actually found Nighty Nighty was a bit too much black with a bit too little comedy. It was good, but there's a point at which "isn't what she's saying awful?" isn't cringe comedy, it's just cringing. Also Kevin Eldon is in it and he's up there with the worst journeyman comics in England today.
    I get that too. The scene where Cathy buys Jill jewellery is horrible. But I don't tend to come out thinking 'oh man this is too bad I can't laugh at this'. I still enjoy it, if you know what I mean.

bongi on
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So what's the word on Spaced coming to the US? It's giving me all sorts of juvenile emotions.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    They cancelled it.

bongi on
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have never heard of darkplace till this thread, I will have to check it out, not on netflix though so i guess ill go the old fashion route and check blockbuster.

i have watched a couple episodes of blackadder and loved it, recently i watched all 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers which was absolutely delightful.

Aretè on
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Darkplace is pretty much all on Youtube. Did they ever make more than the six or seven episodes?

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited June 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Darkplace is pretty much all on Youtube. Did they ever make more than the six or seven episodes?
    No. Six episodes (one British series).

bongi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    bongi wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    I like the Inbetweeners but every time I see it I think about how it's a pale shadow of series 1-3 of Peep Show.

My favourite series of Blackadder is a toss-up between 2 and 3.

tFandy: I was trying to tell you that you mistook Peter Cook, one of the greatest comedians to have ever lived, for Alan Rickman.

Oh man that was peter cook?

Even more awesome

I knew I recognized the dude

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg