As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Count of [Chât]illon invites you to high tea.

MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular OpinionsRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Artist's Corner
8326~High-Tea-Posters.jpg

Mustang on

• LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    awwww isnt that pleasant

Loomdun on
    splat
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    but i dont like tea

mully on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There will be cupcakes too.

Mustang on
    edited June 2009
    i am totally down with cupcakes

mully on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    cupcakes and brandy it is.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    i love tea!

o..oh...

Orikaeshigitae on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Also, gunfights.

Tea, cupcakes, brandy, and gunfights.

bombardier on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    What about twister? Nothing says tea party like Twister!

MagicToaster on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tea, cupcakes, brandy, gunfights, and twister? This could seriously get messy.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fuck, I can't find my capo anywhere.

That thing costed me twenty bucks. I really don't want to be forced to buy another one.

Godfather on
    edited June 2009
    I'm always loosing my capo.
    Pro tip: It's usually hiding underneath unpaid bills.

Mustang on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just saw the trailer for the vampire movie by the crazy fuck who made Oldboy. I want to see Thirst.

earthwormadam on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    feels good when you accomplish your goal for the day.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Godfather wrote: »
    Fuck, I can't find my capo anywhere.

That thing costed me twenty bucks. I really don't want to be forced to buy another one.

Use your teeth like a real man.

Metalbourne on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So my laptop stopped working so I had to repair it. It works again now but for some reason there is something funky with my screen resolution and all images are stretched horizontally. Do any of you know how to fix that?

lyrium on
    edited June 2009
    Hit it on the other side.

Metalbourne on
    edited June 2009
    I'll assume you can't change your res in the display properties to your screens native resolution?

Try deleting the display adapter in the device manager and reboot, your operating system will reinstall the drivers during startup and it should be apples again.

Mustang on
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I cracked open dynamic anatomy tonight, and man, Hogarth is good and all, but it seems he can't draw women, and is incredibly verbose. I think I'm going to work with Loomis and Simblet for a while.

Red_Arremer on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I can change my screen resolution but no matter which I pick images are still stretched horizontally. I'll try what you said.

lyrium on
    edited June 2009
    I cracked open dynamic anatomy tonight, and man, Hogarth is good and all, but it seems he can't draw women, and is incredibly verbose. I think I'm going to work with Loomis and Simblet for a while.

I noticed that too. There are probably all of two women in that goddamn book. And they might just be men with breast implants.

Metalbourne on
  • Red_ArremerRed_Arremer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Exactly. Meanwhile, Loomis' women are beautiful and Simblet's are accurate skeletons and muscle. I don't want to be drawing dudes all the time, I want to draw women too, and not ones with massive hips and legs that dwarf their upper body. It's like looking at Michelangelo's stuff: men with breasts.

Red_Arremer on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    mully wrote: »
    but i dont like tea

How do you feel about T?

mr_T.jpg

DMAC on
    edited June 2009
    lyrium wrote: »
    Yeah, I can change my screen resolution but no matter which I pick images are still stretched horizontally. I'll try what you said.

and you're not back yet?
    Uh oh, I think I might have just killed lyriums computer.

Mustang on
    edited June 2009

I noticed that too. There are probably all of two women in that goddamn book. And they might just be men with breast implants.

Yeah, I noticed this with hogarth too, I really dislike the way he does the ladeez.

Mustang on
    edited June 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    mully wrote: »
    but i dont like tea

How do you feel about T?

mr_T.jpg

i prefer T

ice-t-photo-ice-t-.jpg

mully on
    edited June 2009
    There is no room for these sordid types here.
    This is high tea, not wrong side of the tracks tea.

posh_lady_tea_340x270.jpg

Mustang on
    edited June 2009
    I am nowww at pageeee 16 of 37 my excitement cannot be CONTAINEDDD

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    I am nowww at pageeee 16 of 37 my excitement cannot be CONTAINEDDD

I am assuming, of course, that you here refer to your progress on your doctoral thesis proposal.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2009
    whats a doctor thesis proposal

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited June 2009
    Mr. Loom Fredrickson Dun, M.A.
    What is a Doctoral Thesis Proposal? A Deconstruction of Notions of Achievement in Modern Higher Education Facilities.
    (as reprinted from June. 2009 edition of North American Journal of Literary Scholars)

[abstract follows]

Oh my, that topic is very meta, if not a bit generic. I hope your mentor will help you phrase your argument in a way that the academic audience it is aimed at will take your points seriously, rather than being dismissed as an outright attack.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2009
    I try I try i'm gonna go cut off a peice of my aloe vera now and excrete the juices on my face goood nightttt

edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFF ITS TO HAWT

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited June 2009
    Dang it Tam.

If you had only held off a couple of hours, you could have stumbled upon this article about a proposed UK tax break and we'd have the totally awesome idea of coming up with designs for "The Most Culturally British Video Game Possible" as the next contest.

Admittedly, this idea is probably only really amusing if, like me, you probably have a terribly shallow and warped outsider's view of British culture.
    I'm imagining the last boss fight with Volgin in MGS3 here, where instead of Volgin you've got a rocket-firing Elton John singing "Rocket Man", instead of Snake and Eva you've got Richard Burton and a time-travelling rogue Princess Diana, and instead of shooting at him you have to feed him sausages and fish and chips until he explodes.

Or a Phoenix Wright-type game where instead of shouting "OBJECTION!"s in court cases, you just shout insults at rival MPs in Parliament.

Though I suppose one could just cop out and put up a poster for an already existing game. Might be hard to argue with that one.

*apologies to any actual British people in the audience tonight.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Admittedly, this idea is probably only really amusing if, like me, you probably have a terribly shallow and warped outsider's view of British culture.

Unfortunately, outsider's perceptions of what out culture may be like, while usually incorrect, are also often more interesting and appealing than the real thing... or lack thereof. :?

I think we've done a lot of notable things in the past but imo we've hit our cultural peak, and the UK is now a floating landfill for endless social and political problems of our own creation. This place is fucked. And I plan to live elsewhere.

Grenn on
  • brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    you know what I love? Thai Tea.

Orange, creamy, iced perfection.

brokecracker on
    edited June 2009
    Grenn wrote: »

Unfortunately, outsider's perceptions of what out culture may be like, while usually incorrect, are also often more interesting and appealing than the real thing... or lack thereof. :?

I think we've done a lot of notable things in the past but imo we've hit our cultural peak, and the UK is now a floating landfill for endless social and political problems of our own creation. This place is fucked. And I plan to live elsewhere.

If it makes you feel any better, outsiders' perceptions of US culture are all too often entirely correct.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

If it makes you feel any better, outsiders' perceptions of US culture are all too often entirely correct.

haha :P

Well, having been to various places within the US, I actually found while my slightly negative preconceptions were often proved right, there were frequent shining positives which were unexpected and pleasant. 8-)

Grenn on
    edited June 2009
    Well, having been to various places within the US, I actually found while my slightly negative preconceptions were often proved right, there were frequent shining positives which were unexpected and pleasant. 8-)

I assume what you're referring to here is the fact that the average American is now so overweight that the average European can use them in the manner of a bouncy castle.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

you mean you dress like this for real?

cowboy-costume-outfit.jpg

MagicToaster on
    edited June 2009

you mean you dress like this for real?

cowboy-costume-outfit.jpg

Well, not all of us as a nation, obviously- just me personally.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mr. Loom Fredrickson Dun, M.A.
    What is a Doctoral Thesis Proposal? A Deconstruction of Notions of Achievement in Modern Higher Education Facilities.
    (as reprinted from June. 2009 edition of North American Journal of Literary Scholars)

[abstract follows]

Oh my, that topic is very meta, if not a bit generic. I hope your mentor will help you phrase your argument in a way that the academic audience it is aimed at will take your points seriously, rather than being dismissed as an outright attack.

:lol: Oh gee. I can never get enough of your ridiculously highbrow, bookish humour. You need to be on NPR.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
This discussion has been closed.