As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Selling my old cell phone

GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin ItRegistered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So I just stumbled on my old LG Chocolate VX8550 in the closet and thought I could probably sell it for some extra cash towards PAX. Thing is, I've never sold an old phone and I'm not sure what all it entails.

Can I just sell the phone itself and the buyer can take it to my old provider to get it reactivated? Or is there some process I need to go through first?

04xkcuvaav19.png
GR_Zombie on

• Options
    ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nobody in their right mind would buy a Chocolate. By all means, try selling it anyway - but don't hold your breath.

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damn, does it have that bad of a reputation? Or is it just how old it is? Thankfully I'm not depending on the money from it, just figured I could make a few extra bucks for my PAX trip.

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think they give Chocolates away for free with new contracts now. It's pretty much the new RAZR - entry-level phone that looks pretty but is pretty tiresome to use for anything but making calls. I have one now but am switching carriers in a few weeks - I'll give a cursory look into selling it, but in all likelihood I'll just send it to that charity that gives cell phones to soldiers.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Unlocked ones seem to go for $50-$100 on ebay. So if you can unlock it, you might be able to get some money for it.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Unlocking is typically just a matter of calling the company you got it from. typically. ymmv

Iceman.USAF on