Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

1404142434446»

Posts

  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    just fucking

    click

    projeck this is not a complex game

    Hugely late, but as the G&T thread is drumming up interest for those that haven't played, just wanted to throw out that if you can't figure out how to select your fists you may not in fact be retarded; there's a bug with some of the unofficial patches where you start the game without fists. At all. Keys won't work either as you are missing your keyring.

    The only fix is to start a new game. I ran into this myself, so just to save anyone running through it for the first time like I am the headache.

    Raynaga on
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2009
    wow, the fan patch rules

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wow, the fan patch rules

    It's not April 1st yet Tube.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited July 2009
    I was referencing the possibility of starting the game without fists or a key ring.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The punch command is replaced with an Angry stare.

    It's not very effective against most targets.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was referencing the possibility of starting the game without fists or a key ring.

    I for one would not want to forego the possibility of the heart warming tale of the little Vampire who could

    Stumpy the Vampire

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The next iteration of the fanpatch will have a bug where you start with no fangs

    also it's daylight outside

    Moriveth on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The next iteration of the fanpatch will have a bug where you start with no fangs

    also it's daylight outside

    The entirety of the game is replaced with a gif of a guy on fire.

    BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I find it funny that the Majority of G&Ters are pro-fan patch and the majority here are against it.

    Blake T on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    The next iteration of the fanpatch will have a bug where you start with no fangs

    also it's daylight outside

    The entirety of the game is replaced with a gif of a guy on fire.

    Disco inferno! :whistle:

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I find it funny that the Majority of G&Ters are pro-fan patch and the majority here are against it.

    they're gay



    wait, no, i'm sorry



    there gay

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited July 2009
    where gay?


    so I decided to start playing this again. I want to do a Malkavian playthrough because I haven't yet, but I'm gonna play through it normally first because it's been so long and it would be too confusing otherwise.

    I'm trying to decide what clan to play as.

    I've done a Tremere and Gangrel as melee powerhouses already, so I was thinking of trying a ranged character as a Toreador, or maybe even a Nosferatu playthrough for an interesting change of pace. Any opinions?

    Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    According to CT, being a Nosferatu is (unfortunately) very dull. Brujah or Gangrel might be my third.


    If you've played this before, you have to do Malkavian next if you haven't already.

    cj iwakura on
    vWGemDJ.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tremere is easy mode

    Nosferatu is easy mode for different reasons

    Malkavian is fun mode

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And Toreador are poncy miserable faggots, don't play them on principle

    Okay, not really on the second part, but still

    Poncy faggots

    Ledneh on
    Kadith wrote: »
    how do i get off [the bus], do i just start screaming
    well that'll get me off at least.
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I find it funny that the Majority of G&Ters are pro-fan patch and the majority here are against it.

    I was pro fan patch until I learned about the absolutely retarded decisions in it

    whenever I play this game again I am not using the fan patch

    Moriveth on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User
    edited July 2009
    I was anti-fan patch until I realised that if I play without it, all my textures are blurry or non-existent. The Basic version really doesn't change enough for the bad to make me care.

    His Corkiness on
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was anti-fan patch until I realised that if I play without it, all my textures are blurry or non-existent. The Basic version really doesn't change enough for the bad to make me care.
    Yeah I have this problem at the moment as well.

    It's the only reason I consider installing it.

    Blake T on
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I find it funny that the Majority of G&Ters are pro-fan patch and the majority here are against it.

    yeah, it's kind of weird. on other forums where someone talked about this no one was against the fan patch.

    Fuga on
  • RialeRiale Registered User
    edited July 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    According to CT, being a Nosferatu is (unfortunately) very dull. Brujah or Gangrel might be my third.


    If you've played this before, you have to do Malkavian next if you haven't already.

    I've played it, but I've never really finished it. I usually lose interesting around Chinatown, and I'd like to actually complete it before I do a malk playthrough. We'll see.

    Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The complaints I have seen about the fan patch are primarily that it makes amatuer moves from a design point of view; most of which are fairly accurate. Having installed the fan patch, I wouldn't say it's awful, and haven't encountered any issues with it, but things like getting a katanna and crossbow while still stuck in Santa Monica is a little stupid, design wise.

    Of course, the crossbow is bullshit, so really all you're getting out of that is the katana, but still.

    sarukun on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hope you all don't mind the resurrection but I couldn't help myself in reinstalling the game for another go at beating it. While I'm at the moment trying a Gangrel run, I was thinking of starting a Nosferatu to see how hard it really is. I wanted to know though exactly which side-quests I should forget going for as I heard there's at least one you can't complete as a Nos. I also know that he'd get a lot of negative remarks from quest-related NPCs but will there be any sort of extreme reactions I ought to look out for...
    ...other then the old lady at the Santa Monica Diner freaking out and dropping dead on me? Saw a video of that and enjoyed it very much. :)

    Owenashi on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Man, n-n-n-necropost. This game is still amazing though so I don't see a problem with this.


    Also they need to make a new vampire game. Nao.

    Metzger Meister on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The MMO is coming along, painfully slowly.

    L|ama on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    The MMO is coming along, painfully slowly.

    Has there been ANY news so far on it? A alpha-build screenshot? Even a piece of concept art??

    Owenashi on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    The MMO is coming along, painfully slowly.

    Has there been ANY news so far on it? A alpha-build screenshot? Even a piece of concept art??

    I think CCCP is just being really super tight-lipped about it.

    Metzger Meister on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    My sister works for that company

    I'm pretty sure she's working on the WoD MMO

    Moriveth on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Mori if the game is bad, can I hold you personally responsible because you didn't get your sister to single-handedly make it a good game?

    I think this is more than fair and you need to take responsibility, so

    Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth ESCA FLOWNERegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Considering I have no idea what she's actually working on

    no

    Moriveth on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    oh, how convenient

    Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hope you all don't mind the resurrection but I couldn't help myself in reinstalling the game for another go at beating it. While I'm at the moment trying a Gangrel run, I was thinking of starting a Nosferatu to see how hard it really is. I wanted to know though exactly which side-quests I should forget going for as I heard there's at least one you can't complete as a Nos. I also know that he'd get a lot of negative remarks from quest-related NPCs but will there be any sort of extreme reactions I ought to look out for...
    ...other then the old lady at the Santa Monica Diner freaking out and dropping dead on me? Saw a video of that and enjoyed it very much. :)

    Yeah, what'll it b- LORD! OH, SWEET JESUS!

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hope you all don't mind the resurrection but I couldn't help myself in reinstalling the game for another go at beating it. While I'm at the moment trying a Gangrel run, I was thinking of starting a Nosferatu to see how hard it really is. I wanted to know though exactly which side-quests I should forget going for as I heard there's at least one you can't complete as a Nos. I also know that he'd get a lot of negative remarks from quest-related NPCs but will there be any sort of extreme reactions I ought to look out for...
    ...other then the old lady at the Santa Monica Diner freaking out and dropping dead on me? Saw a video of that and enjoyed it very much. :)

    Yeah, what'll it b- LORD! OH, SWEET JESUS!

    Heh, yeah. Here's another Nos-question, involving Knox; can you only get an extra bit of conversation with him when it comes to the foreign vampire quest as a Nos or are you able to get it as another clan with the right stats?

    Owenashi on
  • Berrily PantaloonsBerrily Pantaloons __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2009
    This game is awesome but only if you have the mod that let's you mvoe the camera around with the numberpad. That should have been included from the beginning and whoever did manage to modify it in such a way must have been a genuis, if not, then there was already code for it ala coffee mod (GTA). Otherwise, fuck these guys. It's not hard to elaborate on vampire lore while "adapating" it to modern day culture.

    Berrily Pantaloons on
Sign In or Register to comment.