You wake up, dazed and confused, next to an entire crowd of people. No noise, though- oh, it seems everyone's starting to get up right about now as well. So then you aren't the only one waking up here... and it looks like you're not the only one who's confused either.
Looking around, you see tall stone walls, definitely too tall to climb, much less see over. The entire place is overgrown, covered in vines and it smells of greenery. You look in every direction, and you see paths spanning out, to other paths, and...
Wait, this looks familiar. You've read stories, seen movies, and that one time when you went to-
You're in a big maze!
But, why are you here, and why is everyone else here? And what in GOD'S name is that insidious laughter?
People are starting to panic, but a couple of you have gotten things mostly calmed down. There seems to be only one choice, split up into groups and begin exploring this place. Maybe if everyone looks around, you'll be able to find some clues about this place, or what's in it, or why that group includes you. All you know is this: You want desperately to get out of here. Because something out there wants to keep you in.
Welcome to Labyrinth Phalla, hosted by yours truly, Rend
! This is a phalla, all of the standard rules will apply. This will be a medium hidden mechanics game. I won't say much, if anything, else about what this game will entail. However, you will be navigating the labyrinth with a group of your friends, trying to escape.
Voting will probably end up closing at 9:00 Pacific each night, though I'll inform you if I rethink that decision.
I will accept any number of sign ups. Sign up
in your bright color of choice, and include your PERSONALITY TYPE
The following personality types are available:
- This guy may be loud, but at least he's got opinions. And he's definitely not afraid to say them. The Loudmouth is a person who thinks the best way to get out of here is to argue it until the truth obviously comes out. He's very persuasive, though, mostly because he tends to be impulsive, and he'll keep talking until he gets his way. But hey, at least he's got something to tell people, and for that he is invaluable.
- This guy would have brought his big book of puzzles with him to solve, except that (a) He forgot to pack for his secret abduction, and (b) this is SO MUCH BETTER. The Genius is great at solving puzzles and has some amazing insights about how to proceed, it's just too bad he doesn't have the bird's eye view- he's kind of out of his element.
- Nobody knows how he does it, but he just does. This guy has some serious skills, and we're not talking about taking wood shop in high school, he just knows how to do things. The Prodigy is very good at doing the odd things one might find need of in a maze environment, such as climbing crumbled rock formations, identifying certain wildlife, or being able to memorize all the presidents.
- A wise man once said "I'd rather be lucky than good." Well, this guy took that to heart - or rather, it took to him. The Lucky is someone who all the good stuff happens to, while simultaneously being able to weed out the bad. He happened to make the right turn instead of the left, even though he was explicitly told the opposite. And where did it land him? A one-way ticket to freedom. Just try not to stand directly next to him.
- This guy almost doesn't seem phased by this whole ordeal. It's like, hey, we all just woke up here, were apparently abducted, and dropped into a maze for someone's sick amusement, and he's schmoozing around making friends with everyone. Well, the Sociable is the go-to-guy for inter and intra group politics. I mean, if we can't work together, then how would we even hope to make it out of here anyway?
- Don't mess with this one, he's CRAZY. I mean, we're talking, no holds barred, clinical, get the guys with the white suits up in here QUICK crazy. The kind of crazy that makes you think "what poor stupid fool would go within 10 feet of this guy to abduct him?" But hey, sometimes, that sort of crazy is just what you need. The Crazy is willing to take unbelieveable risks, and go up against overwhelming odds. And somehow, he'll make it out. Cause, you know. Crazy!
- If you try to talk yourself out of crossing the street because the red hand started flashing already, you might be a cautious. This is the sort of person who would think for ten minutes about which direction to take in the maze, even if nobody knew what was going on at all. I mean, come on, yeah be careful but hurry up already! The Cautious is someone who will always take their time, and will slow the group down. Of course, maybe that's a good thing. Can't let panic get to you, or else you might never make it out.
- I'll get that for you! Well, actually, I won't, but he definitely will. He's falling over himself trying to get things done, even though he's rarely the person to start them. Sometimes he comes off as gushing or annoying, but you can't help but love the little guy. He just wants to help so bad! And really, can't you use the assistance? The Helpful is someone who is really good at making other people really good. It's a thankless job, but hey! Someone has to do it.
- Don't worry guys, we'll be fine! That much is a typical line from this sort of person. He thinks we're all going to make it out, and just be absolutely peachy the whole way. If we think about this, we're sure to succeed! Then when we get out we can all eat dinner at T.G.I. Fridays. My treat! The Optimistic is someone whose good-hearted spirit shines through when nothing else will. He's not useful for much, and he's usually too busy looking at the good things to look at the, often more important, bad ones, but there's no denying that this guy will keep you going longer than you ever thought possible.
Sign ups: (Sign ups are unlimited- until they are closed, I will take any number of people)
1. Dunadan019 - Prodigy - Maze Runner
2. Simonwolf - Sociable - Maze Runner
3. Real_Pochacco - Lucky - Maze Runner
4. Burnage - Crazy - Spirit of the Dragons
5. Cynic Jester - Lucky - Memory of the Humans
6. Crimsoncoyote - Genius - Maze Runner
7. Nion - Prodigy - Maze Runner
8. Shadow Thomas - Helpful
9. Kay - Prodigy
10. Typhus - Crazy
11. Unearthly Stew - Optimistic
12. Daius - Lucky - Spirit of the Elves
13. Moleface - Cautious - Maze Runner
14. Infidel - Genius - Memory of the Dwarves
15. jdarksun - Helpful
16. Kime - Genius
17. Darian - Optimistic - Maze Runner
18. Keika - Helpful
19. Edcrab - Sociable
20. Ebfan - Genius - Spirit of the Goblins
21. Zandracon - Lucky - Maze Runner
22. Gumpy - Loudmouth
23. Trust - Prodigy - Herald of the Dragons
24. B:L - Crazy (obviously)
25. Powerpuppies - Lucky - Herald of the Faeries
26. The_Reflection - Lucky
27. Enlightenedbum - Helpful - Maze Runner
28. Sticks - Cautious - Awakened Maze Runner
29. Romantic Undead - Optimist - Maze Runner
30. MrBlarney - Genius - Spirit of Knowledge
31. Rainfall - Lucky - Maze Runner
32. Skycaptain - Loudmouth - Maze Runner
33. Cleonicus - Helpful - Maze Runner
34. Erich Zahn - Crazy - Maze Runner
35. Verr - Lucky - Maze Runner
36. Plutonium - Cautious - Maze Runner
37. TehSloth - Optimist - Maze Runner
38. Spectrum - Prodigy - Spirit of the Goblins
39. Dac Vin - Genius - Maze Runner
40. cj Iwakura - Optimistic - Spirit of the Humans
41. SpectralSpork - Crazy - Maze Runner
42. Orange Soda - Loudmouth
43. Vertroue - Optimistic
44. Julius Caezure - Sociable - Memory of the Elves
45. CrownAxe - Crazy - Maze Runner
46. Gnersh - Optimistic - Maze Runner
47. Iamtheaznman - Crazy
48. Dunedainjedi - Lucky - Maze Runner
49. Tommy2Hands - Prodigy - Spirit of the Goblins
50. CorpseRT - Prodigy - Spirit of the Goblins
51. DevoutlyApathetic - Prodigy
52. Antithesis - Sociable - Maze Runner
53. Kingmole - Loudmouth - Memory of the Dragons
54. Fiaryn - Crazy - Herald of the Elves
55. Visiblehowl - Optimistic
56. Delmain - Crazy - Maze Runner
57. Malkor - Cautious - Herald of the Daemons
58. Tehpiplupman - Lucky - Spirit of the Goblins
59. Lightrider - Genius - Maze Runner
60. Fatal3rr0r - Lucky
61. Andrew Ryan - Prodigy - Maze Runner
62. Lonelyahava - Sociable
63. KrataLightblade - Geinus - Herald of the Dwarves
64. Abotkin - Genius
65. TheLawinator - Crazy
66. Godmode - Cautious
67. DUE - Sociable - Herald of the Humans
68. GrimmyTOA - Cautious - Spirit of the Minotaur
69. Ultros64 - Prodigy - Maze Runner
70. Warban - Crazy
71. Zellpher - Helpful
72. Obbi - Optimistic
73. Shanic - Helpful - Memory of the Faeries
74. Mr. Defecation - Genius