As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] D&D4e - The Dragons (Honez is the Man)

ShinyoShinyo Registered User regular
edited August 2009 in Critical Failures
ddlogo.png

This is now the OOC thread for my D&D 4e game!

Here's a list of the players!

[*]Arcanis - Nemeia
    [*]Rainfall - Raze
    [*]Honez - E-927
    [*]Horseshoe - Z'ad al-Zudd
    [*]Destroyah87 - Teron

fulllayout.jpg
    This badass picture brought to you by Honez.

Shinyo on

• Options
      real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      What level starting?

real_pochacco on
    • Options
      simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Any specific world that we'd be building for? Particular cities, races, etc.?

Is it going to be a PbP, or using MapTools?

simonwolf on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      It will be PbP, and it'll be starting out at the first level. There's no particular world to build for, just assume it's the usual high fantasy.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
      edited June 2009
      i am interested in your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Super Namicchi on
    • Options
      Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      What, no Dragon magazine stuff?

Mr_Rose on
      ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
      Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
      DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      i think if he wanted it

it'd be

you know

on the list

Super Namicchi on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      I think that people make mistakes and forget things and that it's always bad to make assumptions based on insufficient evidence.

Including, for instance, the frankly ridiculous Forgotten Realms backgrounds.

Mr_Rose on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      okay

i will tell you 100% then

i know it is not allowed

(i helped him come up with this)

Super Namicchi on
    • Options
      Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      I'll post a char after work today.

Ain Soph on
      :whistle:
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Super Namicchi on
    • Options
      RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Question: I don't have the Eberron player's guide yet, but I do have the Warforged PDF-thingy. Is it the same thing? I'm totally up for making a Warforged Barbarian provided I have the right information.

Rainfall on
    • Options
      SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Hey man, I hope you like this:

Lookin for a heavy hitter? Look no further for:

Threasher the Dragonborn barbarian

"An egg has been found elder. It seems too large to be that of the local wildlife...something more dwells inside..."

Born into a human village in the desert, Threasher received his name from the village elder. A tradition common within the community. The elder gave him this name not only for his obvious physical attributes, but also for what he kept inside of him; a personality that would always clash against his upbringing...A sense of being an outsider in a village he called his own.

When he turned 15 he was placed on guard of the village, a right bestowed to him earlier than his "friends" in the village. I saw "friends" because there lacks a softer word, perhaps acquaintances would be more precise. He was valiant and courageous, much like that of others of his kind, but also showed the restraint of a disciplined guard. Still, this was not his walk of life.

As he grew, so did his isolation. He became increasingly silent, yet more and more brutal. The only sounds from him came on the battlefield, when warring over resources with neighboring settlements. With him in tow, his village became wealthy in water as well as land. But he was treated like a tamed wolf, chained and distrusted.

Behind the village's back the other nations grew jealous of it's wealth and banded together. There was an attack on the village Threasher picked up his Greataxe and flew into the fray. A roar ripped through the battlements as he tossed foes asunder. His ax as thirsty for blood as his enemies for water. But even he fell as the full force of the desert was thrown upon him. He was conquered and thrown to the wilderness to survive and to find himself again...

Hope to hear back ;) *wink
      I also have a Genasi Swordmage if you'd rather see that.

SuperRuper on
      steam_sig.png
      PSN: ChemENGR
    • Options
      GnershGnersh Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      When does the application process end?

Gnersh on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Rainfall wrote: »
      Question: I don't have the Eberron player's guide yet, but I do have the Warforged PDF-thingy. Is it the same thing? I'm totally up for making a Warforged Barbarian provided I have the right information.
      Yes, that should be fine.
      Mr_Rose wrote: »
      What, no Dragon magazine stuff?
      Ehhhhhh, depends. Was there one in particular you had in mind? I don't have very many of them myself, and I'd prefer to actually be able to read it if it's being involved in my game.
      Gnersh wrote: »
      When does the application process end?
      Whenever I feel like it. Probably not for a few days though, so take your time.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      I was thinking specifically of the illusionist wizard options from early on. I think that issue was even one of the free ones, lemme check.

Checked: Huh. Looks like most of that stuff got into Arcane Power anyway....

Mr_Rose on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Question no. 2! Are we using backgrounds in any capacity(from the PHB2 or otherwise?)

I'm liking this Warforged Barbarian more and more. Will be up shortly.

Rainfall on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Mr_Rose wrote: »
      I was thinking specifically of the illusionist wizard options from early on. I think that issue was even one of the free ones, lemme check.

Checked: Huh. Looks like most of that stuff got into Arcane Power anyway....

Yes, I do have that issue actually, and yes it did all make it into Arcane Power. Feel free to use.
      Rainfall wrote: »
      Question no. 2! Are we using backgrounds in any capacity(from the PHB2 or otherwise?)

I'm liking this Warforged Barbarian more and more. Will be up shortly.

As long as it's in the books listed above, you can use em' however you want.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      And here we go! Presenting Raze: Warforged Barbarian
      http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=134251

History -
      Forged in the fires of the first war that brought the Warforged into existence, Raze was at the forefront of many a battle. Songs were written, ballads were scribed, and it was one of the greatest heroes of the Steel Empire 'A sword like death, eyes like fire, unceasing in the destruction it caused.' However, as the Cataclysm swept over the Steel Empire, the Warforged were obliterated almost to a one. A few survived, leading to the creation of the new, modern Warforged that populate the world today. Raze was not so lucky.

Thrown into the Deepwood, the animating magic that gave Raze its will was stripped away by the powerful forces, and it lay there for untold years. Finally, a tribe of forest-dwellers found the construct, and brought it back to their village, not knowing what to do with it, but knowing that it was strange and valuable. The shamans spoke to the forest, and found a new future for the machine.

Rituals were spoken, spirits were summoned, sacrifices made. The ceremonies lasted for weeks, and when they ended, a primal spirit of the Deepwood itself entered the body of Raze. Unwilling to grant its true name to the shamans that bound it, it took on the name of its body, even as it changed it to suit its desires. Vines replaced artificial muscles, ancient runes glowed with flickering green primal energy, and the Ghulra simply evaporated.

The spirit animating Raze was shaped as well, by the ancient magics that still barely lingered on the metal. Faint remnants of Raze's mind flickered through that of the spirit, and during the years that they served the Deepwood tribespeople, they slowly fused into one being. Eventually, Raze's desire for adventure and heroism won out, and as the magic that animated Raze could find freedom from the bindings that kept the spirit in place, the Warforged simply walked out of the Deepwoods.

Ancient blade in hand, pitted from a thousand battles, armor from beasts of the Deepwoods affixed over the ancient, chipped metal of the Steel Empire, Raze was ready to become a hero once again, powered by the primal spirits within it and the ancient magic connected to its body.

Appearance -
      Raze's body has seen a lot of damage over the years. Its metal skin is pockmarked and scarred, only the runes and their magic are completely intact, although they glow with the green power of the primal spirit within him rather than the original flame-red. The synthetic muscle-fiber has completely decayed, and has been replaced by vines, animated by the spirit within, they've made it even stronger than it was on the old days.
      Raze is a robot, even though fused with Primal energy. It pulses with life, vines writhing against metal plates even while it stands still. The voice is harsh and metallic, echoing oddly even in open spaces. Unless it needs to, though, the metal parts don't ever move.

Personality -
      Raze isn't subtle. The most direct path is the one it will take, pretty much every time. The primal spirit within means that Raze can take true initiative, making decisions rather than just deciding the best way to brutalize foes on the battlefield, and it's determined to become the hero in truth, rather than the simple butcher that was glorified so long ago. So it always helps someone in need, provided they need a blade or a strong arm for a few moments.
      However, Raze has no comprehension of modern-day authority, and the rogue Primal spirit within it doesn't like following the rules either. So while it won't cause trouble, it certainly won't listen to orders from local town guards and authorities.

Rainfall on
    • Options
      YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Hmm, I've never done a PbP game before, this seems like a good place to start. Considering a druid, it'd work well with the Barb.

YesNoMu on
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Q3: Expertise feats: Used as-written, banned, get them for free?

(I prefer the third, of course, but that's me)

YesNoMu on
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      YesNoMu wrote: »
      Q3: Expertise feats: Used as-written, banned, get them for free?

(I prefer the third, of course, but that's me)

(That's because you're spoiled. :P)

delroland on
      EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
      "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Used as-written, sir.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Ok, so its serious D&D. How serious? As in a very intense, roleplay heavy, the more disturbed your character is the more gooder it is? Or by serious do you just mean that you are expect it to be a long-term commitment?

Hayasa on
      fthcav.jpg
      20siy39.jpg
      xcvj1h.jpg
      2lk6t94.jpg
    • Options
      feeddannowfeeddannow Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Just a question - you mentioned wanting a varied party, would a goblin be an allowable race?
      I have a soft-spot for greenskins.

feeddannow on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Hayasa wrote: »
      Ok, so its serious D&D. How serious? As in a very intense, roleplay heavy, the more disturbed your character is the more gooder it is? Or by serious do you just mean that you are expect it to be a long-term commitment?
      A little from column A, a little from column B. Except the disturbed bit, that's not necessary at all.
      feeddannow wrote: »
      Just a question - you mentioned wanting a varied party, would a goblin be an allowable race?
      I have a soft-spot for greenskins.
      I'd rather you pick a race that's made for players. A goblin wouldn't be as balanced.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Okay, a bit later than i said it would be, but here it is:

LUKAV

Background:
      Lukav was raised in the northern mountains among a Large tribe of nomadic Goliaths. As a boy,while not the largest, bravest, or most quick-witted of the young goliaths, he was one of the fiercest. Often to the first in line to help to defend the tribe from the Orcs that inhabited the mountains with them.

In training with the various warrior and arms masters amongst his tribe, Lukav developed a fighting technique involving two short swords that proved most effective in the numerous cave battles he engaged in. Finding the short blades to be most maneuverable in small areas, with both blades being quickly drawn and usable for offensive and defensive measures when flanked in the tight corridors. While unorthodox, the technique and skill Lukav showed won high praise amongst the chieftains.

As misfortune would have it however, the many orcs across the mountains banded their tribes together and waged a long campaign against all non-goblin folk in the mountain, wiping Lukav's tribe from their home.

As one of the few survivors, Lukav moved south, and began to work as a mercenary in the cities. His hard lesson from home learned in how to protect himself and his allies in battle. Vowing never to lose another friend.

Appearance:
      Lukav carries both of his short swords sheathed on each massive forearm. Each sheathe is made of a tanned blue hide that almost matches the mottled blue tones in Lukav's skin. His large frame is adorned with an equally large set of chain mail, that was forged by his late father.
      His eyes are deep inset and are as black as night.

Personality:
      Lukav is a somber and quiet Goliath. Despite his years living in the various mixed societies of large cities he still feels like an outcast.
      In battle he works to protect his allies at all costs, but usually figuring the best defense tends to be a good offense. After all, his allies can't be hurt if all their enemies are dead, right?

Ain Soph on
      :whistle:
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Arcanis, Rainfall, and Ain Soph, great characters. I love em'. SuperRuper, you'll need to do more than just put up a background! I'd prefer it if you'd make a real character too, not just copy and paste the same old guy you've put up everywhere.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      ZachardeZacharde Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      A fairly average blond haired blue eyed human approaches. I'd love a chance to hang out and try my training out with you guys. I'm alright with a flail, and I know a lot about the theory of combat. It would be great to give it a try under realistic circumstances, don't you think?

Alain, Human Warlord

Background
      Alain has spent most of his life drifting across the land, taking simpleminded low paying jobs while alternating his attention between studying the history of combat, and attempting to convince various people to train him in martial skills. He admires the tactical genius of great figures in history, particularly those who led by example rather than from the rear. He doesn't really see himself as becoming a general or captain of an army himself, he considers himself a very knowledgeable fan.

Everyone else thinks he is obsessed. He has become single minded in his pursuit - it overrides relationships and even common sense.

Alain currently believes that there are two common shared traits between all the historical figures he has studied. Each has become masters of their bodies and their weapons. Alain works out constantly, attempting to recreate the training that led to such prowess. Additionally, he thinks of fear as a weakness that prevents clear tactical thought, and seeks out opportunities to face his own fears so that he might face them directly, and measure their effect on his performance.

( OOC: Think of a talented amateur surfer who is obsessed by the past champion in sport, and obsessively attempts to match their skills. Not because it's important, but because it's AWESOME. )

Personality and Appearance
      Blond hair, a bit too long, blue eyes, a bit too pale. Dress style, a bit too casual. He'd be more attractive if he seemed to care at all about it.

Most times Alain is so relaxed you could mistake him for sleeping. He really doesn't tend to get too worked up about anything. However, he has an obsession for tactics, and anyone who brings the topic up is going to either regret it, or learn a LOT.

Alain is a nice guy, for someone in his late 30's. he laughs a lot at your jokes, and listens when you complain. He doesn't tend to get in your face for doing what you want to do. Laid Back. That's Alain. He's just watching, and having a good time.

Until things get serious. When the weapons come out, so does Alain. He's been thinking about combat for a long time and he has ideas he wants to try out in battle.

Zacharde on
      "For future reference, I was sort of hoping for a suggestion that didn't sound like it came from that Bolshevik Muppet with all the dynamite."
    • Options
      HonezHonez Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      I know there is already a warforged out there, but I had a spin for an artsy, philosophical warforged paladin which I was intending to use for a game that never got started. Let me know your thoughts, all.

Character Sketch
      e927webshare.png

Personality
      Inquisitive, Artistic, and Philosophical, E-927 is very open-minded as far as his world views

Emotionally and socially E is more or less stoic and compliant, as he tends to solve problems in mechanical means as opposed to searching for the correct emotional reaction.

E=927 struggles making those humanly decisions, due to the gap between logic and emotion. He often stumbles over his words in attempts of acting out his emotions.

Somewhat clumsy and hilariously destructive in the most mundane tasks of everyday life, E's true finesse and grace are displayed on the battlefield.

He values life over the fate of all other things, believing in the compassion and ability for all creatures to live together in some form or another.

E-927 puts his would-be life on the line to protect the sacred powers which bond all lives as one, protecting those who could otherwise not protect themselves.

Appearance
      Carrying a large bulky armor plating attached to his smaller almost human form, E-927's husk is composed of a magically enhanced Steel. His original frame protected beneath his armor is largely comprised of bolted metal and wood, made stout through years of arcane studies and engineering,

A high armor plate covers his lower jaw and neckline, attached to a chest-plate with large rounded shoulder plates to protect his head arms and torso.

Lacking armor on his lower extremities, his thin waistline and wooden legs are draped in a clergy linen bearing the symbol of Avandra. Only his massive plated boots are visible as they forcefully ground his hulking body to the earth.

His eyes glow a dim blue and radiate as his powers manifest in battle.
      (extended use of powers and lack of a solid periods of rest cause his eyes to dim to a white light and eventually stop glowing altogether).

His eyes can also glow into a deep violet and, rarely, even into a rage soaked crimson which permeates his vision, as his new found emotions flare into an adrenaline like flurry of rage showing signs of his once ruinous past.

Although dimorphous by creation, E takes on many traits of a male humanoid.

Largely gentle, although clumsy, outside of combat, he tends to be seen collecting small bugs, plants, and other living specimens as he attempts to determine the forces which breath life into living creatures.

Carries a journal and several books in which he studies and illustrates his travels. Often taking the time throughout the night as most sentient races are resting to sketch out his discoveries and philosophies on life and the world around him.

Backstory
      Created for the sole purpose of destruction, E was built many generations ago to serve as a tool intended to eradicate a race of arcane wielding war wizards. Bent on erasing their foes, and controlling the region with technologies now very much lost and forgotten, rivaling wizards constructed mass armies of destruction, mingling the powers of steel and arcane into forces which would have all but shattered sentient life form the planet. Their final battle taking its toll on man and machine alike, they brought the mountains tumbling down in a cataclysmic quake of destruction.

Most of these ancient memories are now Lost to E-927 as he had been laid to rust and rot away beneath the ever evolving world above. His last glimpse of natural light was slowly dimmed as pile after pile of rocks and debris crushed down on him and his would be mechanical brethren.

All light lost, and buried for countless generations, luck, or perhaps fate, would bring E back to to surface by an unlikely hero.

Awakening before an alter of marble illuminated by a sea of burning candles, E found himself being reassembled by a young human girl and an old man clad in dirty tattered robes.

An old hermit of a cleric had salvaged what he could of the would-be mechanism of destruction as he explored an underground cavern in search of relics from the past. Taking it as his charge, the cleric resurrected a once soulless creation. Blessing the War-Golem with the divine light of the gods, the cleric had replaced the once twisting arcane forces which fueled the steel creation. Out of nothing more than love, he forged the once destructive being into a companion and guardian for his granddaughter, for the closing years of his long adventurous life.

Over the next decade E was showered in the teachings of the gods, learning much of the history and cultures of the sentient beings within the world, he helped the cleric and his maturing granddaughter with daily tasks and errands.

Very much a child in many ways, E has never found the means to which he can stabilize a balance between sentience and soulless machine. Yet, he was able to form a bond of love and companionship with his adoptive family. Referring to the old cleric as Grandfather, E soaked in every emotion and bit of logic he could from the old man.

By the side of his mentor and savior the night of which would mark the 15th anniversary of his rebirth, celebration was short-lived. The old cleric fell victim to mortality, very much weakened and crippled due to his long years of travel. Giving E the chance at true life, and a family in which he could call his own, E would be forever grateful for his grandfather's lessons and compassion.

Leaving their once humble and loving home behind, E has taken to traveling the world protecting his adoptive sister, in search of answers to their existence. The duo had become keen to adventuring in order to line their pockets with just enough wealth to further support their travels. In a twist of fate most unexpected, E found himself caught up in a series of events which ultimately ended with the abduction of his beloved sister at the hands of cultists and their undead minions.

Being left to forge his own path and leave fate in the hands of Avandra, E feels he must atone for the abominable actions his original creators had intended, protecting those who would otherwise fall before the evils of the world, if he is ever to find the path which will lead him to his beloved sister. E knows not if the Goddess will ever truly answer the prayers of a soulless steel monstrosity, but trusting his heart for faith in his god, he feels that day will come.

Continued...

[strike]The backstory would have to be updated a bit relating to the fact he would be alone as opposed to being accompanied by a human companion. Perhaps he had lost her in the grocery store while she was distracted by some tasty candy a nice man had in his van. I'll figure it out if all else seems to be in place.[/strike]

Edit: Updated

Honez on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Alright, here he is!

Mordekai, Human Druid
      I've given him an at-will from the minis set, which I hope is OK. If not, I can swap it for Chill Wind pretty easily.

Also, question: what skill would you rule I would use to impersonate an animal in Wild Shape? Nature, bluff, I succeed automatically?

Background:
      Mordekai grew up in a Giant-run mining colony in the high mountains, where he and the other human workers were treated like slaves. The hostile environment prevented all attempts at escape, and their captors' great size and strength made ideas of revolt pointless. The humans could do little more than work and pray, and over the years, it became clear that prayer would prove useless. Mord's family was not of particularly hardy stock, and both of his parents had succumbed to the perils of the Platinum Mine by the time he was 14. Mord himself would probably have died when it became time for him to enter the mine, if something amazing hadn't happened to him the next year.

While carrying a pile of ore along a mountain path to the giants' stockpiles, Mordekai tripped and fell down the mountainside. When he came to, he was in an ornate cave of ice, staring right into the eyes of a huge spectral cat. Later, he would discover that it was the primal spirit known as the Ice Leopard--right then all he knew was that it was gigantic and had teeth longer than his hands. He backed up against the icy wall, expecting death to come at any moment. But instead, the spirit sniffed him, then licked his forehead once. Mord was surprised for an instant, then spasmed as a wave of agony shot through him.

He came to to find two surprises: he was outside on the mountainside again, and he was in the form of a snow leopard. The harsh winds were turned away by his thick new coat, and he was now agile enough to navigate the treacherous heights. Without a second thought, he made his way down to the base of the mountains, and headed for the city he had seen on clear days.

Once he had reached the city's outskirts, he turned his attention to the problem of his form. With a concentrated effort, he found that his shape was mutable--imagining his paw as a hand made it so, although the process was painful. He spent an hour changing back to human fully; by the end, he was more exhausted than after any day hauling ore. Luckily, he had kept his clothes in the shift, along with some semi-precious gems he had hidden from the giants. He used them to find lodging, clothes and food, and then set about trying to master his shapeshifting.

He made impressive strides. After four days, he could switch between forms quickly, and could even take the shape of other animals, though not as instinctively as with the snow leopard form. As a side effect, he had begun to feel a connection with the elements themselves, and could make sparks fly between his hands and control the shape of a small volume of water.

But Mord knew that no power came for free; the spirit must have had some purpose for bestowing it upon him. He decided to set out to learn more about the spirit, and then to meet it again and ask its intentions, before he became too dependent on his newfound abilities.

Over the last three years, he has learned that the spirit is called the Ice Leopard, but little else. As his search remains fruitless, he has begun to think more and more about the human slave colony, and setting them free. He knows he still cannot help them yet, but with a little more power and some allies...

Description:
      In his human form, Mordekai is a farily scrawny human boy of 18. He takes his fashion sense from the mountains he grew up in, and so wears dark grey clothes with a light grey cloak over them. However, ever since his transformation, he feels more comfortable in the form of a snow leopard, and spends time like that when he can avoid frightening people. He is fairly well-read, but is socially awkward from his time growing up in the camp, and has been known to travel with caravans in the shape of a dog to avoid speaking with people. Mord tends to be blunt and undiplomatic when he has to talk, which has won him few friends.

YesNoMu on
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Feel free to call this character stupid :)

DECA

Character sheet:
      DecaSheet1.jpg
      DecaSheet2.jpg

(Hm. I just noticed my numbers are apeshit crazy. I will redo those if you like.)

Deca is a mean heartless sob. I heard a story once about how he turned a child's feet into rabbits. Not so he could laugh or taunt this poor boy mind you, but because he hates rabbits that much. A barkeep once said he turned a mans pants into bees. Story's of his appearance make it sound like Deca hasnt showered in over 20 years. I bet a Kobold could get lost in his beard. However, Deca is not without purpose. There is an ancient tale of Deca walking into a crowded bar, searching for his prey. Upon finding his prey, he walked up and landed the most beautiful backflip the lands have ever seen. His unsuspecting prey was so impressed, he didnt think twice when he followed Deca out behind the bar to 'talk'. It was here Deca stabbed him in the neck proclaiming, 'At least you have seen me flip, no one has ever seen me flip.'.

projectmayhem on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      @ Zacharde
      Looks good.

@ Honez
      Looks good, did you draw that?

@ Yesnomu
      I'd rule a humanoid attempting to discern whether or not you're a beast would be their nature+perception vs your nature+bluff. A true animal will automatically detect you're not one of them, though they won't necessarily know what you are.

@ Projectmayhem
      Your character is stupid. As for your ability scores, go ahead and do the standard point-buy.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Hmm, ok. Like, add the two modifiers together and roll?

In any case, good to know! I'll have to take Bluff then, since I imagine pretending to be an animal could very well be important.

YesNoMu on
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      DortmunderDortmunder Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Maela - Deva Avenger (I'll move it to MW later...)

Background:
      437. That is how old we are. Although, deva measure their age not in years, but in lives. 436 deaths have we suffered, and we remember them all. The amount of experience one can accumulate through 21,000 years can be overwhelming. At some point it begins to fold together, and trying to distinguish when one memory ends and another begins becomes more trouble than it is worth.

One thing that has remained constant, however, is her. Our Dark Lady. Sehanine. We have been in her service since...the beginning. She is always there, in the back of our mind. Watching us. Directing us. Waiting for us to fail.

How can we succeed when we don't know our goal?

436 deaths, the last one was most certainly deserved.

She is corrupting us. The beast within is awakening.

We serve her whims, but we will not be spoilt.

Personality:
      Maela is a deva avenger serving Sehanine, the god of trickery and illusions. Her connection to her patron is murky at best as she has no real idea what Sehanine's plan is, though this is apparently common with followers of the dark lady. In her most recent life she committed acts that she is trying to forget, acts that her god demanded, acts that nearly turned her into a rakshasa.

She remembers this and it scares her. Although she remains devoted to her patron, she is more wary than ever of the dark whispers in the back of her mind. She knows that if the beast within is awakened, everything she is will be lost.

Maela has a fairly good recollection of her past lives, and often switches between the single and plural first-persons when speaking.

Appearance:
      Like most deva, Maela is tall and imposing. Her skin is black as pitch, save for a band of white around her pale eyes. Her clothing is cut from fine black silk with silver trim, fashioned after her own hair which is long and dark, save for a few white strands.

edit: some formatting

Dortmunder on
      steam_sig.png
    • Options
      HonezHonez Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Shinyo wrote: »
      @ Honez
      Looks good, did you draw that?

I did. :P

I kind of ripped off the look from a comic book character, but the idea of having this massive armor covering a normal humanoid form seemed visually intimidating.

Honez on
    • Options
      ShananiganeerShananiganeer Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Kavaki

If Lukav and Kavaki both get used maybe we are from the same mountains.

Shananiganeer on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      Heh, damn, is that three barbarians? A lot of raging going on in our party.

YesNoMu on
      camo_sig2.png
    • Options
      SuperRuperSuperRuper Registered User regular
      edited June 2009
      Nevermind him, I think i've decided on a cooler character idea

Frilik. A Dragonborn Sorcerer

Frilik

Background:
      Frilik was a young scholar, and an orphan. As all the others were picking up weapons he picked up a spellbook. Often ridiculed, Frilik was always pushed around, called scrawny. He never fought back. One day a nobleman came to the orphanage. Seeing the runt of a dragon (runt is a relative term) he decided to take him from his unfortunate circumstances and train him is the ways of the arcane...

Appearance:
      Adorned in robes he's quite a peculiar sight. Otherwise...he is a dragon. Must there be more?

Personality:
      Frilik is far from the silent type. He is quite opinionated and mostly naive. He won't stop from telling somebody what he thinks. He has a lot to learn but is open to what the world and other have to teach.

Overall I like him better. The juxtaposition is cool I think. I hope you'll like what I can bring to the adventure.

SuperRuper on
      steam_sig.png
      PSN: ChemENGR
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      I have decided applications end on Wednesday! The actual game will start on Thursday or Friday - OP updated with this information.

Shinyo on
    • Options
      edited June 2009
      YesNoMu wrote: »
      Hmm, ok. Like, add the two modifiers together and roll?

In any case, good to know! I'll have to take Bluff then, since I imagine pretending to be an animal could very well be important.
      Unfortunately, Bluff isn't a trainable skill for Druids at the first level. You'll have to pick a class skill.
      Dortmunder wrote: »
      Looks good
      Honez wrote: »
      I did. :P

I kind of ripped off the look from a comic book character, but the idea of having this massive armor covering a normal humanoid form seemed visually intimidating.
      I really like it!
      Kavaki

If Lukav and Kavaki both get used maybe we are from the same mountains.
      Maybe
      SuperRuper wrote: »
      Nevermind him, I think i've decided on a cooler character idea

Frilik. A Dragonborn Sorcerer
      Much better!

Shinyo on