As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360XBLA - MtG Planeswalkers tournament - Recruiting again?

1235»

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    The blue mana symbol represents my tears.

Indeed. I beat BlueBlue with his namesake.

First match I got hefty fliers out fast and swamped him quickly. Second match was pure Blue dickery as I got magpies out early and was able to sit back and counter everything he tried whilst still having mana to spare to put down my own beasts and keep up the card drawing.

It is a cruel pleasure to sit on three untapped lands and watch your opponent's internal strife as they try to decide if you have a counter or not. One of the few decks which can effectively bluff.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    First match wasn't that bad for dickery either. I finally get a decent creature out and oh wait no now you own it.

Second match I sat on two naturalizes the whole game.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    pamagic19.jpg

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    My fodder and the other fodder wasn't enough to stand up to the regenerating blanchwood armor, it seems.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    edited August 2009
    not much stands up to regenerating blanchwood (or regenerating loxodon warhammers), i had some lucky draws all three games and the ones in which i got mana went my way.

pamagic20.jpg

And with that the green deck is finished its matches and ends with a 4/3 record.

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    I lose to Truck. A blue deck which can't draw a counterspell to save it's life is a sad blue deck.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited August 2009
    pamagic21.jpg

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    If this hasn't died a death I'll need someone to take over the blue deck for the last few matches as I'm off on honeymoon for a few weeks.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited August 2009
    it definitly has slowed down, i hope people are still interested in playing matches (only 11 matches left) So if someone would like to take the blue deck for its lats two matches just say so here. Also if anyone else needs to be replaced they should say so here too.

Octobot on
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm still interested I want to finish up so we can start again with new decks!

troublebrewing on
  • RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I just got the game last week, but if there's an opening I'd be willing to step in. I'll just need to finish unlocking all the cards for said deck.

Rhapsody on
    edited August 2009
    pamagic22.jpg
    What are you guys talking about we're only one match away from finishing~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited August 2009
    lol i like how you even kept the naming convention for the file. i wish we were one match away from finishing up so we can start an open tournament. Rhapsody if you can get the blue deck unlocked you can sub in for its last two matches.

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    what is moridin's gamertag?

troublebrewing on
    edited August 2009
    what is moridin's gamertag?
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Pick me to replace somebody!!! My Gamertag is the same as my forumname. Moridin889. Even if I have no idea what deck they were playing.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited August 2009
    sweet thanks!

troublebrewing on
  • RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    pamagic22.jpg
    What are you guys talking about we're only one match away from finishing~

Oh I see what you did dere.

Octobot, I'm currently 4 days away from my xbox, so I'll leave the spot open until then if someone cares to beat me to it. But I'll jump on that blue deck as soon as I get back.

Rhapsody on
    edited August 2009
    Heh, if you see what I did there then perhaps you meant you would jump on the red deck. Hasn't logged in since the 30th.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited August 2009
    Can everyone who is in the tournament just check in so we know who is still around and who needs replacing. Definitly want to finish this up!

Octobot on
    edited August 2009
    BlueBlue
    XBL: Blissey

totally still in~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    edited August 2009
    all up ins.

XBL: TroubleBrewin

bah looks like I just missed Moridin I saw him online but he was gone by the time I could send a message :(

just gonna get my white (deck) ass kicked by the elf deck.

troublebrewing on
    edited August 2009
    TroubleBrewin defeats Moridin.. good games man, although the luck was pretty lopsided

troublebrewing on
    edited August 2009
    The white deck has really done a lot better than I had thought it would.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status: