As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Home Theater Question

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
edited June 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I have an Emerson DVDR/VCR hooked up to my tv with composite (Yellow/Red/White). For some reason, there is static. It takes the form of vertical lines of static sweeping to the left. In the past, it was solved by clicking different settings on a fan near by but that fan is not available at this time. It is just a regular cheap fan that rotates.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? (without a fan)

Note, it doesn't matter what tv it is since it did the same thing with our last tv as well.

deathnote666 on

• Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Its probably electrical interference from something else on the same circuit. Try unplugging other things on the same breaker to see if one of them is causing it?

Also, a ferrite ring might be worth a shot if that doesn't pan out.

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It could just be a bad cable. Have you tried switching cables?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The fact that messing with a simple rotating fan adjusted the static makes this sound like 100% power to me. Is the DVDR/VCR the ONLY thing that has problems? I would think that if everything's plugged into the same spot the TV would get static during all use.

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet
  • Options
    deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    it is just the vcr. it is most prevelant when the ps3 is on (the video on the ps3 goes through the vcr).

haven't tried another cable yet since i do not have any extras.

also tried unplugging other stuff.

it is also not constant since sometimes when i turn it on, it is not there.

i only run the ps3 through it when i am recording game play so i can put it on my mp3 player. so far, i have gotten all of final fantasy 7, 8, 10, and chrono cross all on my player (videos, not a playable game)

deathnote666 on
  • Options
    ScrubletScrublet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Have you tried plugging the VCR into someone else's working TV to verify that it's not faulty?

Scrublet on
    subedii wrote: »
    I hear PC gaming is huge off the coast of Somalia right now.

PSN: TheScrublet