• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    2014: Great Lakes Avengers: REDISASSEMBLED

Hensler on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    Until we have to retcon Rulks history to make it less bloated.

Then comes One More Hulk.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Age of MODOK is a thing I actually want to see

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Age of MODOK is a thing I actually want to see

It's all been the Age of MODOK. We just don't know it yet.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    MODOK is the Red Hulk.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Red Hulk is Maestro! Age of the Maestro!

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    This just came to me, I have another theory as to who the shadowy figure is...
    Wanda

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    If that was the case Emma would have killed her the second she saw her. Or should have, since she was one of the people advocating killing her in House of M.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hmm.
    Well, could that work, sort of. Yeah, depending on how they played it. But I don't think they would have let Slott do the Loki-impersonating-Wanda thing if it was. They would want her to be laying low so it comes out of left field.

And Texiken makes a great point.

Still say it's Sentry.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    My theory, which is always right:
    The mysterious figure is Mephisto, which is also why Brand New Day turned out so fucked up for Parker - Mephisto was already working with Osborn, and Norman caused the strange side effects.

Either that, or it's the Demogoblin.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    That theory is wrong.

I would stake my life on it.
    Both Doom and Loki have connections to Hela, who is pretty much on the level of Mephisto since they sit at the same Lunch table. He's not enough to scare them.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Well then, it's my 2nd theory.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    About the only other person/being that could threaten both Doom and Loki is...
    The Beyonder

I know Doom interacted with him of course but did Loki ever meet him?

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    ThaneThane Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I like the Mephisto theory because it will negate the whole fiasco thats been going on in Spiderman

the most logical would be Sentry or Void, but that seems too obvious

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The Mephisto theory is not going to happen. They're not going to "fix" One More Day anytime soon.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i'm not saying they would cause that would be them basically admitting to the fuck up

but thats the way i'd like it to play out. Not necessarily with Mephisto, but a general loop hole that negates or gives Spidey a "house of M" realization that everything is fake. That would seem like a way out, without having to wipe the last year or so of stories.

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I suppose I can't fault you for your hopes, but when you say "will" instead of "would" it makes it seem like you are being delusional, Thane. :x

And the last year of stories weren't "fake". Nothing is really "fake". Mephisto changed reality, so that's how it happened. If Mary Jane and Peter suddenly remember, and get back together? Their break up will still have happened, barring some form of reversal.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Didn't Wanda change reality also? It's been done enough times in the Marvel universe, where-in reality is altered and then later changed back to its previous state, with some or all of the characters in on it at the end. It may not be fake, but it isn't in the natural order of things, and it would be good if someone involved in the supernatural area of Marvel would realize that.

Thane on
    286v37l.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    The shadowy figure was actually just the janitor. Norman was threatening to not have the cabal's offices cleaned if they didn't comply.

Seriously though, I think it was just the Sentry.

I think that Dark Reign will end with the consolidation of the Avengers teams. It seems apparent that Spider-Man and Steve Rogers Cap will have to be involved in some way. We'll likely end up with a mishmash team made up of the New Avengers, Mighty, Dark, and young avengers.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2009
    If Norman had just a little oversight and wasn't letting child killers lose I would enjoy seeing Dark Reign continue on in some fashion but they've basically taken it to ridiculous levels where Bullseye can ding a woman in the eye and Kara can throw civilians through the air to their deaths and yet not get called on it.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    That theory is wrong.

Both Doom and Loki have connections to Hela, who is pretty much on the level of Mephisto since they sit at the same Lunch table. He's not enough to scare them.

That's a reasonable point, but what about the fact that
    Hela is apparently empowering Valkyrie, which suggests she's not allied with Doom and Loki?

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thane wrote: »
    Didn't Wanda change reality also? It's been done enough times in the Marvel universe, where-in reality is altered and then later changed back to its previous state, with some or all of the characters in on it at the end. It may not be fake, but it isn't in the natural order of things, and it would be good if someone involved in the supernatural area of Marvel would realize that.

With Wanda, it was different. It was completely a different circumstance.
    That theory is wrong.

Hela is apparently empowering Valkyrie, which suggests she's not allied with Doom and Loki?
    I don't think indirectly helping the X-Men again Norman Osborn reflects her association with Doom and Loki. She was doing Danielle a solid that Danielle will have to pay back eventually. It's a somewhat possible she doesn't even know about the Cabal, be it directly or through guesswork.

Faynor on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Or
    she's indulging in the grand old godly sport of playing both ends against the middle.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Oh, sorry guys, I meat to say that on Faynor.

I do, of course, make a good point.

Faynor on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Thane wrote: »

With Wanda, it was different. It was completely a different circumstance.
    That theory is wrong.

I don't think indirectly helping the X-Men again Norman Osborn reflects her association with Doom and Loki. She was doing Danielle a solid that Danielle will have to pay back eventually. It's a somewhat possible she doesn't even know about the Cabal, be it directly or through guesswork.
    It's certainly possible that she also doesn't give a shit about the Cabal. Although Loki may have told her something about it.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The way Dark Reign should end is with Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man getting back together. Sure, it was already done, sort of, in Secret Invasion, but it could still work. Thor quits being emo, Tony quits being on the run/brain melting, and Steve quits being dead, all to knock the fuck out of Osborn. And everything goes back to the way it was 10 years ago.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thor was harsh, but saying he was being emo was stupid. Blaming Iron Man wasn't really fair to Tony, but he set himself up in a position where the blame tends to fall.

Turning back everything to the way it was 10 years ago, though? That's pretty boring. Shit's happened. Stuff's never going to be "the same".

Either way, Stark and Thor are probably going to mend some fences, based on Iron Man Disassembled's preview.

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I get the feeling they're going to make Tony have no intelligence, but he'll have one special suit hidden in some corner of the world like Pepper has that kind of does all the work for the pilot (like JARVIS in the Iron Man movie to help parallel it, and also an excuse for Sal to draw his version of Iron Man).

And then Steve runs into Tony who's hanging out with the New Avengers or someone and beats him up because he's still upset about Civil War, and everyone's all "dude, Tony can't remember anything, why are you beating him up?" And this way you can have all three of them together again without it being really awkward.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I don't think that's going to happen, and it wouldn't really be awkward.

At the end of Civil War, Steve saw where he'd gone wrong, and Iron Man has regretted shit that went down constantly. I mean, he had to see Steve-from-the-past in Ross's time mini and was pretty goddamn tore up about it.

I'm pretty sure they'd be bros again. (I'm not meaning to be contradictory from my earlier post, and I think it seems like I am. To clarify, I don't things should ever be "just like they used to be". They can be together, but falling on an old dynamic would be silly.)

Faynor on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Thor was harsh, but saying he was being emo was stupid.

Did you read the annual?

Hensler on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I let Bendis' interview on word balloon (thanks, iTunes auto updates) run as I was writing and I am now 100% certain that Osborn is going to fuck this up all by himself.

Also, there are still going to be a bunch of Avengers titles because making money is a good idea.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I'm kinda surprised the whole "Siege" thing starting in December hasn't been talked about more here. Most people are groaning about it being yet another mega-event but I'll wait and see how Marvel structures it before I comment. It it is a Civil War/Secret Invasion level event I won't bother but if it's more along the lines of Utopia or even World War Hulk-level I might get it in singles. If the whole thing can be collected in one over-sized hardcover thats the best option.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    If it were going to be as big as Civil War/Secret Invasion, we'd have heard a lot more about it by now.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bendis confirms the end of Dark Reign will be a 4 issue mini series drawn by Olivier Coipel titled "The Siege" There will be a one-shot before this mini drawn by Michael Lark. And it will deal with Osborn's fall from power.

Link

Let's do a pros and cons list OK Jim Halpert!

Pros:
    -4 issue wam bam thank you mam
    -The "big three" get back together during the event (Thor, Cap, Iron Man)
    -this should be the last "Event" coming from Marvel for a while.
    -Coipel art

Cons
    -Compared to say, Luthor as President, Osborn falling from grace was always done with a "sometime next year" anticipation, where you were just waiting for it after everyone told their Dark Reign story to get a sales boost. It never felt like they would keep it around for a while and make it seem like change would last.
    -Steve is going to be Cap again, and Tony coming back as Iron Man seems to make what's coming up for those two seem less meaningful (Tony and his series moreseo)
    -Coipel art means delays. Maybe that's why they did this as a 4 issue mini?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    -Steve is going to be Cap again, and Tony coming back as Iron Man seems to make what's coming up for those two seem less meaningful (Tony and his series moreseo)

here's what i really hope happens with cap- they just have two captains america. i love bucky as cap, and i'd love to see steve and bucky finally get to work together and hang out again after so long. i think it would make for some great stories, especially the way brubaker balances the whole cast of that book. he's constantly telling interesting stories with every character.

incidentally, i was flipping through a big marvel encyclopedia at a bookstore the other day and the sum-up sentence at the bottom of bucky's entry was that his time as cap has "shown what a man can do when he's given a second chance". i think that's a great explanation for why i like bucky as cap and why i think he's not just a relevant character but a relevant captain america.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Servo wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »

here's what i really hope happens with cap- they just have two captains america. i love bucky as cap, and i'd love to see steve and bucky finally get to work together and hang out again after so long. i think it would make for some great stories, especially the way brubaker balances the whole cast of that book. he's constantly telling interesting stories with every character.

incidentally, i was flipping through a big marvel encyclopedia at a bookstore the other day and the sum-up sentence at the bottom of bucky's entry was that his time as cap has "shown what a man can do when he's given a second chance". i think that's a great explanation for why i like bucky as cap and why i think he's not just a relevant character but a relevant captain america.

Yes, this please :).

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Regarding Steve as Cap during Siege, I could see him giving the mantle back to Bucky after it's over. Let's face it, Steve HAS to be the one to fight Osborn in the end.

Now that I know more about how Marvel is structuring the Siege event I'll get it in singles. The Michael Lark drawn issue is the Cabal one-shot in December so, and this is without any delays of course, the main series runs from January to April. Crap I just realized I might be in basic training when the last issue comes out.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    And not related to Dark Reign, but Bendis' comments about the Powers TV show in that interview have me very excited. I never thought that anything would come out of that, but it sounds like its moving forward.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I don't see why Cap has to fight Osborn at the end. That's really the sort of role that should be reserved for someone who's actually been involved in Dark Reign, like Tony or to a lesser extent Spider-Man.

Robos A Go Go on