As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not gonna' take this anymore!

2»

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm trying to get far in the infinite mode of Dead Rising. It is kinda boring, but I am just finding safe places in game to sit while I do other things.

If I forget to keep checking my health and starve or something silly I might be a bit annoyed I guess.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Swords, at least you aren't eating spaghettios right out of the can while sitting in a cold shower

Weaver on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I dunno after a hot and sticky workout that sounds pretty nice, Weaver.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Couldn't work out today because my right shoulder-blade decided to try to form a singularity all on its own.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    By that I mean all the muscles scrunched up horribly and I had to take pain pills so that I could breath

Weaver on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That sounds like a bad time! I recommend a massage. Doesn't really matter from who, I guess, but massages just make the day feel worth it.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Actually I think it's because I've been trying to quit drinking, so when I sleep instead of being all loose and relaxed all night I'm kinda having small bouts of DTs every night so muscles go crazy.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I once walked about five miles on this son of a bitch because the cab driver stranded us at the monument that overlooked the city of Mendoza in Argentina.
    P1020427.jpg

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Matt, how did your foot end up that fucked on only five miles? I was thinking about planning a day-hike for an upcoming Saturday this summer but man

Weaver on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Weaver wrote: »
    Matt, how did your foot end up that fucked on only five miles? I was thinking about planning a day-hike for an upcoming Saturday this summer but man

Oh no, you see, I strained it like five days before when I drunkenly tripped down a flight of steps in Vina Del Mar in Chile.

I was walking around Mendoza when we decided to go see this monument, so we got a cab on account of my foot. Lo and behold the son of a bitch didn't come back to pick us up and we had to hike down the hill and into the city to find a cab to get us the remaining three miles back to the hotel.

That picture was taken the evening after we got back to chronicle how the bruise had decided to start climbing up my leg. I have no pictures of how it looked after I first got it, but it was pretty big!

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Matt, I hereby bestow upon you, this badge of PAIN

Weaver on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I had my entire top right 1/3rd of my foot turn purple doing something silly

was gonna go down the hill on the boogy board, I was about 12

my other two friends had done it no worries, so I thought "no worries"

I sit on the board, and it doesn't move. My friend shoves me, and board moves about a mter then stops dead, I slide forward and my bare foot slides off the nose onto the ground, my toes jam into the ground and become the object which flung the rest of me about a meter. Sounds like nothing, but all my weight went onto a few not so loucky toes. The tears start flowing and no-one knows why I look so upset. I am not crying, but I am in incredible pain, the kind where movement, not even of the joints, but just slight inertia makes me cringe and flinch. I crawled on 3's, my injured foot far removed from any form of contact.

On the first day of camp.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh no you're AC and toilet broke and you cant smoke.

Yesterday I fractured my wrist and got a mild concussion along with a bunch of scrapes on my back and shoulder, the shoulder one bad, so they had to cover it with a bandage so I cant scratch at it. I felt like I was going to throw up for several hours.

I dont have any health insurance. never broken anything before and have only a small supply of painkillers.

Also stale wins, walk it off, me

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yes, woe is me, woe is me.

Except this is a thread about plain old regular bad days. So let me have my moment.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah im sorry, I am just crotchety right now.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, I mean I wasn't sore about the lighter being out of butane or anything. It was just, you know, "woops comedy of errors, when will it end ho ho"

But uh, what happened to you? Sounds like you fell off a bike or something.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

I would love to be an air conditioner, people would invite me to their summertime events

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

I would love to be an air conditioner, people would invite me to their summertime events

jesus fuck how did that happen. I am typing one handed here. I had to go out of my way to do that and I usually hate it when people do that. gonna blame the painkillers.

Also yeah, I was going way fast down a big hill on my bicyclke on my way to work, wasnt wearing a helmet, just my work hat, it flew off so I broke hard, my bike stopped way before I did, basically.

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I did the you're thing twice in one post. See: pg 2, Dislexic's post

It baffled me, but I chalked it up to just a random typing reflex.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

jesus fuck how did that happen. I am typing one handed here. I had to go out of my way to do that and I usually hate it when people do that. gonna blame the painkillers.

Also yeah, I was going way fast down a big hill on my bicycle on my way to work, wasnt wearing a helmet, just my work hat, it flew off so I broke hard, my bike stopped way before I did, basically.

Man i probably figured that, painkillers one hand etc. Felt bad about picking on the disabled. Also pretty much the same thing happened to me a year ago. Painkillers won't be needed beyond the first day or two. (for the wrist at least)

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    These things happened to me on my worst day ever.

I was chased by the police several times on foot. I got into a knife fight with someone over something my cousin did. I got wasted later that day on loritabs and booze. I passed out in the gutter and woke up with someone going through my pockets. I resisted and they beat the shit out of me. After they took my money and drugs I stumbled to my cousins house that was a couple blocks away. I opened his fence and entered his yard. His pit bull attacked me and left me scarred around my inner thighs near my nuts. My cousin came outside and kicked his dog off me and took me inside. He convinced me to not go to the hospital and I fell asleep. His girl cleaned me up and I stayed out of the streets for a while.

I was 15.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    D: .

Artreus on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    On my worst day ever I crashed my truck through the front of the Blockbuster.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Dislexic wrote: »
    No, I don't mean the day you're dad died, or the day you're best friend died in a car accident for christ's sake. I mean, just a plain old regular shitty ass day. Maybe your car got towed, and you had to walk 10 miles and sprained your ankle on the way, only to find out your girlfriend was cheating on you. I don't know...something like that.

I refuse to give you a story of a shitty day because you got this wrong twice, but CORRECT THE OTHER THREE TIMES IN THE PARAGRAPH.

It's a muscle memory reflex, is all. It's not as if I consciously thought, "Okay, I am going to type the contraction form of 'you're,' here. Excellent."

Normally I don't make weird mistakes like that, but I was mid-rant, soaking wet from my ridiculously hot apartment, and I had just stepped in fucking toilet water.

I'll write up a quick lesson on the proper use of lay, lie and lain if it will somehow redeem myself. :)

Clean toilet water is actually pretty clean, provided you clean your toilet regularly and flush it after use.

I'll type up my legendary bad day when I get back from the barber.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I was going to complain about my lunch. But it'd make me sound like a spoiled white kid.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ive been having pretty good days consistently

and they've gotten better recently

Kovak on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dislexic wrote: »
    No, I don't mean the day you're dad died, or the day you're best friend died in a car accident for christ's sake. I mean, just a plain old regular shitty ass day. Maybe your car got towed, and you had to walk 10 miles and sprained your ankle on the way, only to find out your girlfriend was cheating on you. I don't know...something like that.

I refuse to give you a story of a shitty day because you got this wrong twice, but CORRECT THE OTHER THREE TIMES IN THE PARAGRAPH.

It's a muscle memory reflex, is all. It's not as if I consciously thought, "Okay, I am going to type the contraction form of 'you're,' here. Excellent."

Normally I don't make weird mistakes like that, but I was mid-rant, soaking wet from my ridiculously hot apartment, and I had just stepped in fucking toilet water.

I'll write up a quick lesson on the proper use of lay, lie and lain if it will somehow redeem myself. :)

Clean toilet water is actually pretty clean, provided you clean your toilet regularly and flush it after use.

I'll type up my legendary bad day when I get back from the barber.

Your toilet exhales dirty stuff after every flush. So unless you are in a Fallout like scenario I wouldn't consider toilet water clean enough for any use.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    About a month ago, I had some new stores to visit as part of my job, but my GPS decided it didn't want to tell me the correct way to get to them. So I ended up getting lost three times, sent back to a store I had already been to twice and it told me I needed to turn right when I didn't need to (as soon as I turned right it wanted me to get back on the road I was on). I also got pulled over by a cop, but at that point I was obviously very frazzled so he let me off with a warning. I didn't get home until 9:40 when I'm usually home around 5:30. It was not a good day.

Invisible on