As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[deleted]

TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
edited July 2022 in Help / Advice Forum
[deleted]

Taximes on

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I don't think renting a theater is that hard. In fact, a lot of theaters would more than happy to rent a screen to you. Because it's pretty damn expensive. I don't think copyright should matter as you are not selling tickets or profiting, but the theater will have plenty of rules on that. And if you are worried about her catching on early, I think renting out a theater might be a bit suspicious.

Are you planning to recreate scenes or do you actually possess the know-how to seamlessly edit yourself into movies? The former would be pretty awesome if you can do it without her noticing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    [deleted]

Taximes on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Seems like four digit expensive, but I did a very quick search.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    And copyright will be a problem, despite whether or not your are selling tickets or profiting.

Renting a theatre:

- Will be either empty and suspicious or full of people she knows and suspicious
    - Will be extremely expensive
    - You won't be allowed to show an edited movie

Even if you found a small-time theatre whose manager didn't mind risking his business to let you show the film, she'll catch on and it won't be a surprise.

Keep in mind, as with all planned events, the more things that can go wrong will go wrong. Don't plan something so incredibly elaborate that one small detail misfiring will ruin everything. Have backup plans along the way and keep as many of the variables controlled as possible.

The in-house edited movie idea might be a better idea, but as for popping yourself in here and there, I'm sure she would notice that too. Why not just stick to the surprise proposal inside the movie? How shitty would it be if you went to such trouble and then she noticed you sitting in a crowd as an extra.. then the whole scene you put together later would be a waste.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The difference in quality between any home cam and a film is going to be extremely clear the first time you splice your footage in. It's going to look strange.

Something short and simpler like a reality TV show might be more possible.

However, I don't really see any problem with just interrupting the movie with your footage rather than trying to be too sneaky. Its a really cool thing that you're making a nice effort no matter what.

onceling on
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    [deleted]

Taximes on