As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Miniphalla] Cave Phalla - Epilogue - Village/Neutral Victory!

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Someone has to be bandwagoned on Day 1. I wonder why no one runs phalla's where there is no vote on Day 1 to give time for something other than grudges and bandwagons to develop.
    The problem is that if you have a night which other stuff happens but not the vote you just made every non-special waste a day of being even more uninvolved then normal for a villager. If you have nothing happen that night then nothing is going to "develop" at all and you just pushed day 1 back to day 2.

Really, you all should just vote Rainfall and stop voting for the same people every day 1 and it'd be less of an issue.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You know what? I'm down for a rainfall vote. She is one of the only people to not answer me back with a "no". Almost as if she needed to confer with her evil buddies before answering me?
    I know she is probably just not wanting to respond to pms, but its better than the dunadan vote.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    NodgarbNodgarb Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ooh boy. asking for keys and there is a "Doctor". As in Who? Or maybe House?

voting for dunadan seems to be too easy and suspicious right now as Spec mentioned. for now placing my vote for !SkyCaptain

Nodgarb on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not much to add except that I agree with Spectrum. The bandwagon on Dunadan looks a bit heavy and fast, but I can't really say much against it. I don't know SkyCaptain well enough yet, so while I may eventually switch, I cannot let the first Day 1 after Rolling Green Hills go by without grudging !Powerpuppies.

You know why...

I do, I do know why. <3. I'm really not convinced by the SkyCaptain wagon, though it's kind of unlikely any wagon could be convincing day one, and at least this one is not totally without reason. I also don't really like heavy bandwagons on day one because then day two is harder.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Someone has to be bandwagoned on Day 1. I wonder why no one runs phalla's where there is no vote on Day 1 to give time for something other than grudges and bandwagons to develop.
    The problem is that if you have a night which other stuff happens but not the vote you just made every non-special waste a day of being even more uninvolved then normal for a villager. If you have nothing happen that night then nothing is going to "develop" at all and you just pushed day 1 back to day 2.

Really, you all should just vote Rainfall and stop voting for the same people every day 1 and it'd be less of an issue.
    This sounds like something someone evil would say. Vote to "kill" because you're more than likely to hit a villager. I say we all bandwagon DA now.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited June 2009

This sounds like something someone evil would say. Vote to "kill" because you're more than likely to hit a villager. I say we all bandwagon DA now.

That's a spectacular misrepresentation of what I said.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, do we have a solid candidate to vote for? I mean, the Dundane vote is pretty obviously a day one style bandwagon, so I'm wondering if there might be any opportunity to make an informed vote.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    oldmanken wrote: »
    So, do we have a solid candidate to vote for? I mean, the Dundane vote is pretty obviously a day one style bandwagon, so I'm wondering if there might be any opportunity to make an informed vote.

Provide information for me to make an informed vote and I will.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nothing much to go on except Spectrum's analysis on page 5 that there might be some baddies in among the original bandwagon on Dunadan, which even though it seems like decent reasoning to me, sparked a pretty quick bandwagon on Skycaptain.

My count may be wrong, but I believe almost all the votes are in at this point, and Skycaptain and Dunadan are tied with 5 votes each, next closest is rainfall with 3.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Mine's not in! When does vote close?

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Okie doke, here is a current vote count, this is everyone with votes. Still left to vote is Gumpy.

Looks like my baseless vote for dun still holds the lead, with skycaptain approaching. And for everyone who is calling the dunadan bandwagon fast, isn't this how normally happens day 1. I mean, we have nothing to go on yet, and unfortunately, someone has to get voted out.

Spreadsheet (Current)
    Dunadan019 5
    SkyCaptain 4
    Rainfall 3
    kuhlmeye 2
    SpectralSpork 2
    Orange Soda 2
    Powerpuppies 2
    Darian 1
    Eipnoom 1
    kime 1

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Really, I typically use my day 1 vote for discouraging behaviors I don't like to see in the game....

...like voting for kime "Has been killed day 1 like 17 times in the last 20" on day 1 for no reason.

Vote Rainfall for a better tomorrow in phalla land.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    Okie doke, here is a current vote count, this is everyone with votes. Still left to vote is Gumpy.

Looks like my baseless vote for dun still holds the lead, with skycaptain approaching. And for everyone who is calling the dunadan bandwagon fast, isn't this how normally happens day 1. I mean, we have nothing to go on yet, and unfortunately, someone has to get voted out.

Spreadsheet (Current)
    Dunadan019 5
    SkyCaptain 4
    Rainfall 3
    kuhlmeye 2
    SpectralSpork 2
    Orange Soda 2
    Powerpuppies 2
    Darian 1
    Eipnoom 1
    kime 1

There are 5 votes for Skycaptain on your spreadsheet.

Skycaptain - Timmer, thetheroo, Spectrum, nodgarb, eipnoom
    Dunadan019 - SkyCaptain, SpectralSpork, dunedainjedi, kuhlmeye, Darian

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok, fixed it. Spelling error.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok, fixed it. Spelling error.

And that is why I use data validation so it is impossible to misspell anyone's name for Countif's

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm not that much of a beast. All the credit for the formulas in my sheet go to blarney.

kuhlmeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I'm not that much of a beast. All the credit for the formulas in my sheet go to blarney.

CC made retract buttons one time when we were messing around with awesome stuff to do with spreadsheets. You hit retract and it automatically erases the vote from the vote field and moves it into retraction fields.

We also made the amount of votes' color based on a gradient.

Good times :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    We could always dogpile OrangeSoda and take his key.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I could maybe get behind Skycaptain.

Spectrum when I said you could find something I didn't mean you actually should. That results in thinking on day one.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    We could always dogpile OrangeSoda and take his key.

O_o

I said I was looking for a key, not that I have one. What the hell info do YOU have?

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Its times like these that I'm glad I don't try and look at the hidden meanings behind everything.

I'd probably go insane.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also does anyone know what the keymaster or gatemaster is?

When asking people if they had a key a couple people asked me if I was either of those.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ghostbusters, you silly git.

Also, !DevoutlyApathetic seems pretty evil.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »
    Its times like these that I'm glad I don't try and look at the hidden meanings behind everything.

I'd probably go insane.

It's starting to hurt my head.....

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Okay I think I pm'd all of you about my key, but in case you missed it:

If anyone has a key let me know. Maybe I mis-read my pm, but I thought one of you were supposed to have it.
    OrangeSoda wrote:
    I said I was looking for a key, not that I have one. What the hell info do YOU have?
    That.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »

*yawn*

You really should have learned by now that when you think I'm evil, I'm not.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    B:L wrote: »

*face palm* If that was it I feel bad for missing that :P

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fatal3RR0R wrote: »

I'd probably go insane.

It's starting to hurt my head.....

Glad that I'm not the only one.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wait a second... kime is playing but we aren't voting for him day one? What madness is this?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Wait a second... kime is playing but we aren't voting for him day one? What madness is this?

If I weren't busy trying to vote for rainfall for voting for kime on day 1 I would totally try and get you bandwagoned.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

If I weren't busy trying to vote for rainfall for voting for kime on day 1 I would totally try and get you bandwagoned.
    Voting out the host is never a good idea.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fine. I just feel bad if I don't vote for kime at least once per game. And I couldn't in the Labyrinth, since he was my exploration team leader.

Darian on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    sometimes a bandwagon is just a bandwagon.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Spectrum wrote: »

Voting out the host is never a good idea.

Pah, most of them deserve it.
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Oh yeah, I don't suggest taking any bandwagon personally. I do have to note if you continually, consecutively get voted out or killed day 1 it can be tough not to.

Nevermind that voting for Kime on day 1 is exactly the same as saying "I'm going to make a vote to lay low but a vote that everybody will just find funny instead of trying to pay attention to what I'm doing." Perfect bad guy cover.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Oh yeah, I don't suggest taking any bandwagon personally. I do have to note if you continually, consecutively get voted out or killed day 1 it can be tough not to.

Nevermind that voting for Kime on day 1 is exactly the same as saying "I'm going to make a vote to lay low but a vote that everybody will just find funny instead of trying to pay attention to what I'm doing." Perfect bad guy cover.
    Lightrider's not playing in this one, is he?

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cleonicus has withdrawn from the game, and has been replaced by Wildcat.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, so my breakdown (as of Post 156) is:

SkyCaptain = 5 [Eipnoom, Nodgarb, Spectrum, Thetheroo, Timmer]

Dunadan019 = 4 [dunedainjedi, kuhlmeye, SkyCaptain, SpectralSpork]

Rainfall = 3 [DevoutlyApathetic, kime, Orange Soda]

kuhlmeye = 2 [Dunadan019, Ebfan]
    Powerpuppies = 2 [Cleonicus, Julius Caezure]
    SpectralSpork = 2 [Erich Zahn, Fatal3RR0R]

Darian = 1 [Powerpuppies]
    DevoutlyApathetic = 1 [B:L]
    Eipnoom = 1 [oldmanken]
    kime = 1 [Rainfall]
    Orange Soda = 1 [garroad_ran]

Still to vote:
    Darian
    Gumpy

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Daius wrote: »

How does that impact Cleonicus's vote? Does Wildcat need to cast a vote or does Cleonicus's vote for Powerpuppies stand until retracted or replaced?

Julius Caezure on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Daius wrote: »

How does that impact Cleonicus's vote? Does Wildcat need to cast a vote or does Cleonicus's vote for Powerpuppies stand until retracted or replaced?

Cleonicus' vote has been nullified by his departure.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I have the same results as JC.

Heres my sheet.

kuhlmeye on