As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cats: Definitely NOT trying to kill us all...

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure the word 'Owowow' is ancient cat-nese for "I shall never surrender, you'll have to do better than that <insert expletive describing your mother>"

Oh hey Gus jumped up into my lap. Oh NOW he's loving. He's also having a shit of a time trying to lay on my lap while I'm wearing jersey shorts.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My cat is adorable.

Also, she thinks she is a human(pronounced hoomin for this), since she sleeps with her head on the pillow.

She also sleeps a lot. Until she sees a hand, then she's all on it like the slut she is.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm pretty sure the word 'Owowow' is ancient cat-nese for "I shall never surrender, you'll have to do better than that <insert expletive describing your mother>"

Oh hey Gus jumped up into my lap. Oh NOW he's loving. He's also having a shit of a time trying to lay on my lap while I'm wearing jersey shorts.

You can tell when Winston is actually pissed because he won't lick where he just bit you, he just gives you a bitch-face

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sybil, the first of my crazy cats from my post on page one, has the weirdest habit. Every week, she picks a spot in the house. She spends approximately 70% of her time that week sleeping in that spot. And every week she rotates to a new spot, occasionally returning to one of the old ones.

I almost feel like if I made a map of the house and started a chart, she'd be giving me some kind of code.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh, and then there's my mother's cat. He's fucking crazy. He used to eat my headphones(not literally eat, but he'd go all OMNOMNOM on the wires) and chargers and everyfuckingthing else, destroying my laptop's internal sound card at one point. He sticks his paw in the water when he drinks from the bowl and just lets it hang in there, and by now he's trained to hop up to the faucet whenever someone goes near it and demand for it to be turned on so he can get a drink.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah my brother's cat ate my DS charger at one point D:

Now my mother raised Tonkinese show cats in her youth. One of them was trained to 'answer' a phone and was toilet trained, and won a few competitions. She loved that cat so much and was so disappointed when ours was a dumb layabout.

• Options
    edited June 2009
    ONE point? Oh ho ho. Woman, I went through like 10 or 20 fucking pairs of headphones, at least 5 DS chargers, 3 or 4 PSP chargers, and a PDA AC adaptor because of that cat!

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Also this kitty is confused and alarmed by laser pointers because as mentioned before he is kind of dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYL-IUgx_g

• Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    My best friend has a cat with polydactyly. She has thumbs. She uses her thumbs to pick things up and examine them. She also uses them to steal small electronics. She tried to steal my iPhone when I was visiting his house, but she couldn't get more than a few steps with it. Not so with his fiancee's Nokia. It hasn't been seen in over a month. She walked over when we were watching a movie, picked her phone up, decided she needed it and took off down the hall with it, running on three legs. It was hilarious and bizarre.

What the fuck.

I've heard of polydactyl cats picking up small objects like pens and paper clips, but nothing as big as a cell phone.

She's a big cat. She's the size of my dad's ragdoll, only not as heavily-built (she weighs 16 pounds or so).

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Also this kitty is confused and alarmed by laser pointers because as mentioned before he is kind of dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvYL-IUgx_g

He has a cute chirp, though.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RenegadeSilenceRenegadeSilence Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No, what's terrifying is to watch her pick up a remote control, examine it, and then set it back down gently.

Ike%2Bwith%2BFork.jpg

RenegadeSilence on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    :shock:

cool cat

but

that woman is absolutely batshit fucking loco

Tam on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That woman scared me.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    There is too much cute in this thread. If I saw "d'awww" one more time I'm going to have an aneurysm. As I was typing out a description of two of my cats, it's amazing how long it got. Cat people sure like to share stories of their cats.

Like a number of other posters, my cats are mostly rescues. Before we knew it, we had four cats. I sadly have no pictures, though.

Patches is our newest addition. She was a nursing home cat who they had to let go for some mundane reason. Someone didn't like her. This someone had authority. Someone took her in, but they weren't careful and she managed to get outside and disappear for a week. When she did return, they gave her to us. I immediately hated her.

None of our other cats talk, or I should correctly say talked until we got her. This cat would not shut up, and she would fight with the others. She meows at everything and will constantly chatter at and with you. I found it ridiculously annoying, but she eventually grew on me. Luckily she's fine around the others now and her incessant talking has made the others cats talk as well. It's quite maddening in the middle of the night when all you want to do is sleep.

She also lives to kiss and has to be around human company every single minute of her life. If you're not in view or giving her attention, she does this forlorn meow and won't shut up unless you go and pet her. And she just has to kiss you every time you give her that attention and she'd be quite happy to continuing doing it for half an hour straight. She likes games, too, and will race me to my computer chair. She waits at my door or the foot of it if she sees me heading to my computer room, then will run to the chair and jump up as soon as I approach to sit. Forget about her sleeping on your bed blankets, though. Oh no. She has to sleep underneath the covers and cuddle up next to your side. You can't say no to her, because she refuses to leave and paw at your face unless you let her under.

My favorite, however, is Max. My mother had just pulled up into a grocery store when all of a sudden, for no reason she could discern, she had this pressure to go to a different grocery store an entire town over. When she arrived, it turned out someone had THROWN A SMALL KITTEN OUT OF A MOVING CAR NEAR THE BUSY ROAD THROUGH TOWN. He kept coming up to strangers, rubbing them, and meowing. People kept kicking him away. She took him home.

We didn't let him inside because he was so rough and disease looking. He was a mess. I was worried he would run away, but he stayed right in the area and if I called he'd come running just to rub and jump on my lap. I wasn't afraid of anything he carried. I loved him immediately.

He's now been with us for a few years and he's the most amazingly well-behaved cat I've ever known. He has never hissed. He has never bitten, growled (yes, cat's growl!), swatted, or ignored anyone or anything. He has no mean bone in his body and all he gives you is compete and utter love. Even at the vet when they poke and prod him, he still purrs and rubs them during the entire visit.

Oh, and he loves feet. He has an enormous foot fetish. He'll spend most of his time burying his face in your feet when he wants or gives affection.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, my folks' cat is getting up on it's years (18), but she still moves around pretty well and likes to go outside. Won't stray too far beyond their yard but isn't shy about picking fights with the neighbor cats who have the temerity to visit while she's out there.

I guess she got into it with someone and got a pretty good cut on her face though; the antibiotics and so on have left her pretty down. I think it finally made my mom realize that she's on the way out, which has been sad.

To get off the :(, is that polydactl thing like... common? That is pretty awesome, I want one of those cats.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We had an outdoor cat once. Never again. Our neighbor poisoned him and we found him dead. He was a good cat, too. Instead of just curling on your lap, he jumped up to hug you, one paw on both shoulders, and would bury his face in your chest and drool.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dashui wrote: »
    Our neighbor poisoned him and we found him dead.

Your neighbor sounds like someone who doesn't get punched in the face enough.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The first cat in our family was Pudding, a wildcat my mum found when it was small enough to fit in the palm of her hand.

Several years later, after Pudding had left us to live with an old woman (he never got on with me when I was a toddler), we acquired two cats from friends of my uncle who were leaving the country: Pudding 2 and Tiddles.

Pudding 2 was the first to go, and Tiddles lasted a good while longer, and I think there was overlap between her and Spam, a ginger/Siamese cross who was awesome. He worked out laser pointers fairly quickly, so if you shone one onto the wall he would come and bat at your hand.
    Photo-0032.jpg

When Spam died, we took ownership of my mum's friend's cat who wasn't getting on with the new dog of the household. After much back-and-forth over the name, he became Magnus Emerson O'Puss.
    MagnusCloseup.jpg

Since then, a stray has adopted us, and since he only has one working eye, my dad named him Nelson. He's a big cuddly fuzzball with one tooth and a love of mayonnaise, and here he is doing a sandworm impersonation:
    NelsonMouth.jpg

The latest addition is Lucy, which is short for Lucifer as she is a bit violent if you catch her in the wrong mood:
    Photo-0077.jpg

And on Monday we're getting a fourth cat from my dad's co-worker. All we know is that it's black, so we're calling it Hendrix unless it has one white paw, in which case it's going to be Jackson.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This reminds me, I need a new cat. The last one I had, it's kind of funny how we got him - he first appeared when we were dining, and we were giving him some food because he kept meowing at us. It wasn't until later on that we found out said cat had a pretty bad cut on him, and well, we took him to the vet and he became ours. Sadly we had to leave him to the ex last year - about the only thing I miss from that era.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    I can't read this thread you guys are making me miss my cat.

He was abducted two years ago. :(

The only thing that gives me solace is knowing that he was probably abducted by my time-traveling future self, on my way to living the good life in the past.

What the fuck? Who steals someone's cat?

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is my parents' cat Sydney (not allowed cats where I live unfortunately):
    moto_0004_resize_0.jpg
    It's really next-doors cat, but they've got a couple of very young children, so my parents' take care of him instead (to the point were he's practically their cat). Unfortunately he got in a bit of a tussle and has lost the use of one eye:
    IMG_0805.jpg
    Still fairly active, but is getting older (around 9/10) and the lack of eyesight has made him a bit quieter:
    IMG_0816.jpg

We also used to have a black and white cat called Lucky who we found in our garage one night, fed, and he kept coming back, no-one claimed him so we kept him. He died of old-age about 8 years ago though.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    I can't read this thread you guys are making me miss my cat.

He was abducted two years ago. :(

The only thing that gives me solace is knowing that he was probably abducted by my time-traveling future self, on my way to living the good life in the past.

Was he a pedigree? I'm sorry, that's awful :(

I've had Amber for 12 years now, she's always been really affectionate since I was a kid, I love how she still greets me in the mornings and always wants to sit with me <3

Om nom nom grass, even though I tell her not to:
    2004_0425_115850AA.jpg

Its fun to dress your cat up, she's always been oddly compliant:
    DSC00143.jpg

Snow kitty:
    2006_0409_184121-1.jpg

Liiya on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Molly.jpg

This is my cat, Molly. She was originally my aunts/uncles/cousin's cat named "Ceefer" (as in, Ceefer cat, yeah, my cousin isn't exactly going to win any awards for her intelligence). We've had her for about four years now. She has this habit of "chatting" whenever she sees a large bug or moth flying around the living room and makes it her life goal to hunt it down.

Then she gets bored and sits in front of the TV. They have begun to mimic us, people.

The photo was taken shortly after she had an operation to remove the end of her tail. I'm not entirely sure on the details because I was away at Uni when it happened, but apparently she provoked a large dog next door, ran away, and got her tail caught on some barb wire. It got shredded so badly it had to be surgically removed. Poor girl, but the picture makes me think of Scorpion-cat.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have a cat. And she can't meow. The closest she comes is a barking "ow" sound. Like, try to meow and bark while saying "ow". That noise? That's how she meows. I think she realizes this is not how shit is supposed to be. So intead? She communicates with a fightening mix of low pitched growls and nose licks.

No, really, it's scary. She'll be making sounds like your soul is her next meal and then she breaks out the "You're a cool person, gimme your fucking nose" schtick. Which, to any of you ar familiar with cat licks, is actually kind of painful.

Now that I think about it? The pain is probably part of her master plan.

I have a loyal defense though (although said defense does sleep around 20 hours a day D: ). She's scared of my ferrets because they have no respect for her at all. She's batted them into a 360 spin on multiple occasions and they come out of it with a "HOLY SHIT! TIME TO PLAY!" attitude. This is obviously not her intent but it is (well, was) hilarious to watch.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have a cat. And she can't meow. The closest she comes is a barking "ow" sound. Like, try to meow and bark while saying "ow". That noise? That's how she meows. I think she realizes this is not how shit is supposed to be. So instead? She communicates with a fightening mix of low pitched growls and nose licks.

Yeah, mine does that "ow" noise too, and she never meows. My last cat didn't either. She also does this weird, high-pitch "brr!" noise when she comes in for the night. It's hard to explain, and even stranger to hear constantly.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My best friend has a cat with polydactyly. She has thumbs. She uses her thumbs to pick things up and examine them. She also uses them to steal small electronics. She tried to steal my iPhone when I was visiting his house, but she couldn't get more than a few steps with it. Not so with his fiancee's Nokia. It hasn't been seen in over a month. She walked over when we were watching a movie, picked her phone up, decided she needed it and took off down the hall with it, running on three legs. It was hilarious and bizarre.

What the fuck.

You have a cat who can pick up remote controls and phones and we don't have a video or photos? I absolutely must see this!

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    When I was just starting high school we went and got a shelter cat as a christmas present to me. I was supposed to get a kitten, but it turns out the kittens there were sick and they said I could have one and keep it in the bathroom for two weeks and if it died I'd be able to come get a new one. So instead I saw Molly. I noticed her because she was meowing in her cage. She hasn't shut up since. Pictured here in her default state: sleeping in a box.

dsc00024whu.jpg

Molly is a bitch. She'll whine and cry whenever someone picks her up, doesn't really like being held, and sheds all over the place. She's also very fat because my step-father feeds her in an attempt to make her love him. But even though she was my present, she's my mom's cat. She doesn't like me very much, and when I moved out I don't think she missed me. However both my parents are too afraid to cut her nails so whenever I go over I have to do it for them, so now I think she believes I'm just the groomer who comes every few months to molest her. She's 13 now and while she doesn't run around at the speed of light anymore, my mom tells me she's still rather active and playful.

After I moved into my own place I wanted two cats to keep each other company, so back to the humane society I went. I never wanted kittens since I wasn't going to be around enough, and wanted some cats at least two years old. But then I saw Alex and Simon, sitting side by side being absolutely adorable, who were both about 8 months. Well, their names were Monster and Moonboot, but I was having none of that. Cats deserve real names. They were strays and Alex was just getting over a cold, but so cute. I took them home and they are both so incredibly loving I can't believe the bad rap cats get. They don't eat treats despite me trying very hard to find some they like, and I don't think they know how to meow in annoyance. I've cuddled with them long after they've deemed it acceptable and they still won't meow.

Simon:
    32235964501778059040300.jpg

Simon likes to lie down right on me while I'm sleeping or on the phone or watching TV or at the computer. He'll just climb up and get some sort of ninja hanging thing going on, and lie right down. He's a lot more mischievous than Alex. He likes to explore and will get himself trapped in cupboards or use the microwave to jump up on top of the cabinets in the kitchen, but then can't get himself out of these situations. He knows how to PULL open a door, but can't figure out how to PUSH it open.

47956252145437859040300.jpg

What a dumb. He'll also come up and grab hair elastics right off the counter while I'm putting my hair up in the morning, and lie in the bathroom sink. If I turn the tap on in the bathroom he'll bat at the water, but doesn't drink from it.

Then we have Alex:
    img01001.jpg

Alex and Simon started out the same size, but while Simon stayed the same, Alex got so much bigger, and he's not fat at all. He's just a large cat. Alex doesn't really like to sit on me, just near me. He'll sit on the couch and just lean his entire weight against me. He also enjoys kneading. He'll come up to me and just start kneading my arm or leg or whatever else he can reach. I can't really bring myself to discourage it, despite the fact that it hurts, since he's just so cute and he seems to enjoy it so much.

They're just so loving to everyone they meet and they get along great, playing with each other all the time. I was a little worried the first time I saw them playing since they play pretty rough and knock each other over and bite, but the "winner" always changes and so I think it's just in good fun. I know they get along because they're constantly cleaning each other's faces.

32235964501877859040300.jpg

We tried to bring Molly over to have some sort of Meet and Greet, but that failed spectacularly. They were curious and polite, but she was a hissing ball of anger. It's a shame really.

Asiina on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Asiina wrote: »
    He'll also come up and grab hair elastics right off the counter while I'm putting my hair up in the morning

Oh man. I find mine all over the apartment. If I'm missing one I'll just grab one from the large pile under the bed.

One winter when I was maybe 15 we found a very young kitten in the snow outside of our house, looking very cold and pitiful. We were pretty sure it belonged to someone in the village, but we couldn't just let it sit there and freeze to death. So we took care of it for a couple of weeks until we figured out whose cat it was.

The first thing it did after coming inside and eating a bit was to throw up in my shoe.

Echo on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh yes. Mice and rats.

They don't last long in our house. We get maybe one or two a year, and they get roughed up bad. Their survival depends on whether one of us people notices them and gets them out of the house before the cats are through with them.
    Though when you get a kitty fang in the eyeball, not much that can be done for you.
    (spoilered for squick)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »
    He'll also come up and grab hair elastics right off the counter while I'm putting my hair up in the morning

Oh man. I find mine all over the apartment. If I'm missing one I'll just grab one from the large pile under the bed.

One winter when I was maybe 15 we found a very young kitten in the snow outside of our house, looking very cold and pitiful. We were pretty sure it belonged to someone in the village, but we couldn't just let it sit there and freeze to death. So we took care of it for a couple of weeks until we figured out whose cat it was.

The first thing it did after coming inside and eating a bit was to throw up in my shoe.
    We found one in our garage back when I was in 2nd grade or so, it wasn't Christmas but very close to it. Same freezing-to-death deal. We brought him in, threw together a cardboard box, covered it with a blanket, fed him, gave him milk (which we don't usually give to cats), anything we could think of.

He didn't survive the night.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    To get off the :(, is that polydactl thing like... common? That is pretty awesome, I want one of those cats.
    Polydactyls are considered kind of their own breed. You have to be careful not to let them get overweight (because of the way weight is distributed on their feet, it can fuck them up), but they have awesome personalities. My old roommate has one, and after hanging out with him for a year, I've decided that if I ever get a cat, it's totally going to be a polydactyl.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Polydactyls are considered kind of their own breed. You have to be careful not to let them get overweight (because of the way weight is distributed on their feet, it can fuck them up), but they have awesome personalities. My old roommate has one, and after hanging out with him for a year, I've decided that if I ever get a cat, it's totally going to be a polydactyl.

Meh, emo cats are better than polydactyls.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kitty story friday night:

I have a habit of feeding the local strays in the neighborhood. I have a bag of cat food just sitting there and my cat will have none of it, because I spoil him with the wet stuff. Now, not wanting the stuff to go to waste, I started putting a fresh bowl of cat food out very night since monday, and waking up to it completely empty.

On Friday when I went to put the food out, I was greeted by a mother cat and her 4 adorable kittens, as they took turns eating, I took turns picking up and cuddling with each of them, and picking up strands of grass for them to play with.

Around half an hour into the local romp, a fluffy little orange kitten comes wondering up and meowing. Now, some background on this late-comer. He is from a completely different litter. He had been wondering around outside the house with his sister a few weeks prior, where I had fed them a few times. Being strays they never let me near them, so I just fed them and tried to go on with life, but i would hear them outside regularly meowing. So my heart went out to them. Upon attempting to capture them, I found that this kittens sister had a deformed left rear leg and hobbled everywhere. My girlfriend and i captured her and took her to a shelter where she could be adopted out. All goes well for the gimpy kitty, and she has a home now.

About 2 days later I made the gruesome discovery of why the kittens had been hanging out around the house: Their mother had apparently found a way under the house, and became trapped in there for a couple weeks.

Needless to say, the little fluffy kitten was all alone in the world now...

Which brings us to Friday night. This lonesome kitten shows up to eat with the other kittens. At first he didn't trust me, but decided his hunger was more important, and began cuddling with me and purring as I pet him. Not only that, but when he finished eating he began cuddling and playing with the new kittens. (Biggest awwwwww moment ever) While the mother kitty didn't like this kitten at first, and actually clawed and hissed at him for a while, but as the hours passed, she finally gave in and cleaned him. Soon after the mother kitty left with all 5 of her kittens in tow.

Kitty story Saturday night:

I put the food out once more. Momma kitty and her new family are back once again with the extra kitten in tow all as happy as can be.

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is lives in my basement...
    P1050719.jpg

His name is Guinness and he is big and dumb.

chamberlain on
  • Options
    Ain SophAin Soph Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    Oh yes. Mice and rats.

They don't last long in our house. We get maybe one or two a year, and they get roughed up bad. Their survival depends on whether one of us people notices them and gets them out of the house before the cats are through with them.
    Though when you get a kitty fang in the eyeball, not much that can be done for you.
    (spoilered for squick)

Kitty murder horror stories:
    I had a cat named Tina that I absolutely loved, she had a fondness for field mice and would catch them regularly. Now it wasn't so unusual that she'd catch them, but she'd never eat them proper. Whenever we found her prey, we knew it was hers because it was just a husk of a mouse. Literally just skin and bones. There would always be a small holes in it's side where everything would be sucked out by the cat and devoured.

I had another cat named Booboo, who also had a fondness for field mice. Now he was peculiar in his manner of dealing with them as well. He never actually played or batted one around as you see most cat do. He'd simply stop it with a claw to it's back. Pull it to him and bite it's head clean off. Like the Ozzy Osbourne of cats. This of course before devouring the entire mouse, bones, eyes, brain, tail....all of it. It was a pretty fucked up sight to behold, and then have him come cuddle a few hours later. He also had sex with my dog pretty often, but that's a whole other thing.

Finally, my cat Bridget. Most adorable, sweetest, smartest and lovable cat I have ever met. She has an affinity for birds. She doesn't eat them at all, she just captures them and mutilates them. When she gets a bird it's like a scene from SAW as she carefully dismembers and examines it. It's a bad day if I leave a window open and she's on the hunt, because entrails can be found strewn across the carpet, and those a bitch to clean.

Ain Soph on
    :whistle:
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ain Soph wrote: »
    He also had sex with my dog pretty often, but that's a whole other thing
    You can't just post this and not tell stories. Or explain.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Ain Soph wrote: »
    Kitty story friday night:

You are Good Peoples and will be spared a life of slavery when the Space Cats return from their extradimensional exile and want their planet back.

Echo on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is my first cat, Samuel L. Jackson.
    samjackecstasycroppedoz1.jpg

When my now-fiancee-then-girlfriend and I got our first apartment, we took in a cat whose owner's other cat had feline leukemia just as a temporary thing. This was Timmy.
    dscf1359eg0.jpg
    dscf2664smaller.jpg

They got along great.
    dscf1373gh3.jpg

She wanted to keep him, but I put my foot down and said that we didn't need another cat. Some months later, a stray that had been hanging around our parking lot showed up covered in motor oil. Apparently she'd been sleeping under a car or something. Anyway, we decided to take her in to be spayed and I showed up with a trap ready. My fiancee scoffed and knelt down, and the cat ran into her arms. That was Mia.
    dscf2606.jpg

dscf2652.jpg

Again my better half wanted to keep her and I said absolutely not. There are some things you just can't compromise on.
    Ok so we kept them all. I'm a pushover.

dscf2174smaller.jpg

TL DR on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is Bob.
    DSC_0026.jpg

He's a 17 pound monster. But so gentle, and he just loves to be around people. He pulls the covers off the bed sometimes, and he eats cardboard.

Mr Pink on