Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Lets go kill some Pirates

1468910

Posts

  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    this isn't even really about how the pirates should be treated
    this is really about a dude on the internet trying to seem like a badass by saying he wants to go fucking kill pirates

    either you're a grandstanding little shit who's just trying to look cool (and failing miserably), or if you really want to go kill pirates
    and I mean, you really want to actually personally kill them and not just saying that you want to help make the area safer
    then that makes you pretty psychopathic

    there's a world of difference between people that enlist because they realize that a job needs to be done, and they want to serve their country, even if it means they have to kill sometimes but they don't want to kill
    and some douchebag that thinks it would be so cool to kill some priates man!

    that you can't apparently see this distinction speaks volumes about your maturity

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Also I missed this but I don't think anybody is saying it's not the thieves fault

    At least I'm not

    I'm saying when you actively try to get them to ENDANGER YOUR LIFE by cruising around near places of pirate activity

    You don't get to be pissy and shoot them because you basically hung a sign out that said I LIKE BEING SHOT AT

    [strike]HEY MAN HE CAME RIGHT AT ME (like I asked him to)[/strike]

    Things I think we agree on:
    Piracy is bad.
    You have the right to protect your freighters and the lives of your employees.


    I think it all boils down to whether or not you think vigilantism is wrong. Illegal in most countries? As far as I know. Things are different with international waters. If someone killed/kidnapped a member of my family and I thought the cops weren't doing an adequate job to find the culprit I would take matters into my own hands. Granted I wouldn't be related to the crewmen of any freighters, but my reasons are my own. You have your own views on whether or not this is moral, but you're not going to change mine. I know vigilantism is considered unethical in most cases. I just don't care.

    If cruising in pirate infested waters equates to asking someone to hijack your ship and hold you captive, then by your logic the crewmen who do man the freighters passing through the Indian ocean are doing this every day, or are you saying that you're asking for it no matter what, but it isn't moral to defend yourself if you're looking for pirates. No matter what the reasons for the actions of the vigilante, the result is the same. More captured (or killed) pirates and safer waters for innocent crewman doing their jobs. I don't think arming tourists/potential vigilantes on this (probably fake) cruise necessarily means they try shoot first and ask questions later. You could look at it that way, but wouldn't an armed tourist feel safer than an unarmed tourist? If the intent is to capture pirates it's certainly going to be easier with more armed people. These pirates typically operate in small groups on small craft. I doubt the pirates would shoot if they found out that everyone was armed.

    I'm fed up with the lack of maritime security and I think something should be done about it. I'm willing to take matters into my own hands (which doesn't necessarily mean killing) and go on a cruise like this one, but I'd rather work for a contractor.
    Druhim wrote: »
    there's a world of difference between people that enlist because they realize that a job needs to be done, and they want to serve their country, even if it means they have to kill sometimes but they don't

    Jobs aren't easy to come by these days and I've got experience in only one field. Make all the assumptions you want about my background, I'll never be able to conclusively prove or disprove anything you say via the internet. I'm not even going to try, because for that I would have to give a shit.

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    taranis is just guiding the world into a brighter, safer future

    one dead somalian at a time

    Koshian on
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    a man has got to take matters into his own hands sometimes

    high seas justice

    these somalians been living the good life for too long

    Koshian on
  • slowslow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh sure, we'd all like to believe that the somali sea reavers will stay inside their sprawling palaces of gold and ivory

    but the fact of the matter is, volunteer yacht patrols like this are and will continue to be a neccesity for our the sake of our children's lives

    slow on
  • slowslow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    woe to the man who crews not his yacht with investment bankers and real estate moguls

    woe too, should he not arm them with the finest automatic rifles, for the ocean-men in their iron-girdled pirate ships will not show the same quarter

    slow on
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yarr~

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    there's a world of difference between people that enlist because they realize that a job needs to be done, and they want to serve their country, even if it means they have to kill sometimes but they don't

    Jobs aren't easy to come by these days and I've got experience in only one field. Make all the assumptions you want about my background, I'll never be able to conclusively prove or disprove anything you say via the internet. I'm not even going to try, because for that I would have to give a shit.
    which has zero to do with you excitedly exclaiming that you want to go kill some pirates or that you wish you could have fought in wwII

    maybe it was your idea of a joke, but I'm not the only one here who doesn't get that impression from you
    you have a pretty consistent theme that seems to be a worship of war and a glorification of killing

    I have plenty of friends in the armed forces, and I have a deep respect for what they do
    none of them have your attitude of, "fuck yeah I want to go kill some motherfuckers, that would be so rad!"

    I'm sure some of them have killed, they just don't brag about it because they're reasonably well adjusted human beings

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    So a desire to join a maritime security group that operates in the Indian ocean is no way related to security.



    Good to know.

    This is a thread about going on a russian cruise to hunt pirates you fucking dunce

    Hunting where the "prey" isn't identified until they shoot/kidnap you first. Interesting.

    Go read the fucking article bro. It's pretty obvious you havent done that already.

    Unknown User on
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll only do this if they bring proper music and some on-site narration.

    Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I'll only do this if they bring proper music and some on-site narration.

    The Red Army Choir will be providing the vocals. Vladimir Putin will be providing the narration.

    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    I have plenty of friends in the armed forces, and I have a deep respect for what they do
    none of them have your attitude of, "fuck yeah I want to go kill some motherfuckers, that would be so rad!"

    I'm sure some of them have killed, they just don't brag about it because they're reasonably well adjusted human beings

    How many are in the infantry and had other MOS's to choose from?

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    this thing still going?

    PiptheFair on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    I have plenty of friends in the armed forces, and I have a deep respect for what they do
    none of them have your attitude of, "fuck yeah I want to go kill some motherfuckers, that would be so rad!"

    I'm sure some of them have killed, they just don't brag about it because they're reasonably well adjusted human beings

    How many are in the infantry and had other MOS's to choose from?

    I know the point you're trying to make and you're doing it wrong

    Because choosing to do it doesn't mean they're so fucked up that they'll brag about killing people

    Please try again

    Me Too! on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    yeah, taranis has to prove what a badass he is

    taranis, one of my good friends was a colonel in the Army, was recently promoted to Brigadier General

    while I know he's killed, I've never heard him specifically talk about the people he's killed, let alone brag about them because he's a reasonably well adjusted person
    he does what his job requires him to do, but he's not a sadistic fuck who's in the army because killing is cool

    so go fuck yourself cuntstick

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wait, did this guy actually say that he wished he could have fought in WWII?

    Taranis, my grandfather fought in WWII. I'm not bragging or anything. He did it, not me, and he certainly doesn't brag about it, either.

    Anyway, my mom mentioned that when she was a kid, which was like 15 years after the war ended, she would hear him wake up in the middle of the night, screaming, because of flashbacks. Of course, this was a while before they knew that PTSD was a thing, so they didn't do anything about it.

    Does that sound fun to you?

    CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    PTSD just means you're more XTREME

    Hang on while I throw up from typing that

    Me Too! on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Guys, Taranis really, really reminds me of this guy.

    Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah, taranis has to prove what a badass he is

    taranis, one of my good friends was a colonel in the Army, was recently promoted to Brigadier General

    while I know he's killed, I've never heard him specifically talk about the people he's killed, let alone brag about them because he's a reasonably well adjusted person
    he does what his job requires him to do, but he's not a sadistic fuck who's in the army because killing is cool

    so go fuck yourself cuntstick

    You can establish a trend with one instance. I yield to your superior logic.

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah, taranis has to prove what a badass he is

    taranis, one of my good friends was a colonel in the Army, was recently promoted to Brigadier General

    while I know he's killed, I've never heard him specifically talk about the people he's killed, let alone brag about them because he's a reasonably well adjusted person
    he does what his job requires him to do, but he's not a sadistic fuck who's in the army because killing is cool

    so go fuck yourself cuntstick

    You can establish a trend with one instance. I yield to your superior logic.

    Do you actually know people that brag about killing

    Or do you just think that normal people do it

    Me Too! on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    just to be clear Taranis, we're all laughing at you
    not me, all of us
    we all think you're a fucking joke

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah, taranis has to prove what a badass he is

    taranis, one of my good friends was a colonel in the Army, was recently promoted to Brigadier General

    while I know he's killed, I've never heard him specifically talk about the people he's killed, let alone brag about them because he's a reasonably well adjusted person
    he does what his job requires him to do, but he's not a sadistic fuck who's in the army because killing is cool

    so go fuck yourself cuntstick

    You can establish a trend with one instance. I yield to your superior logic.

    What the fuck are you even arguing? That it's OK to think that killing people, whether necessary or not, would be a fun thing to do?

    Because that is very not OK.

    CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn. The foundation of my self esteem is how others perceive me. I cannot live with myself.

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah, taranis has to prove what a badass he is

    taranis, one of my good friends was a colonel in the Army, was recently promoted to Brigadier General

    while I know he's killed, I've never heard him specifically talk about the people he's killed, let alone brag about them because he's a reasonably well adjusted person
    he does what his job requires him to do, but he's not a sadistic fuck who's in the army because killing is cool

    so go fuck yourself cuntstick

    You can establish a trend with one instance. I yield to your superior logic.

    What the fuck are you even arguing? That it's OK to think that killing people, whether necessary or not, would be a fun thing to do?

    Because that is very not OK.

    I have never once said that killing people would be fun.

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh oh oh

    He's started with the "whatever, I don't care what any of you think" routine.

    Next he'll be saying that we all live in our parents' basements.

    CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Damn. The foundation of my self esteem is how others perceive me. I cannot live with myself.
    yes, you've well established you're an internet badass who wants to kill someone (but someone that deserves to die of course, that makes the desire ok!) and doesn't give a fuck what all the haters think

    you are indeed a unique and beautiful snowflake, just like all the other pretend tough guys out there

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Let's see

    His title is an anti-tank round, I'm pretty sure the av is a pic of the same, an ARMA II sig, and who wants to put bets on his location being a military reference too

    Taranis do you think killing people is cool

    Me Too! on
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh oh oh

    He's started with the "whatever, I don't care what any of you think" routine.

    Next he'll be saying that we all live in our parents' basements.

    I said that a while ago, but then you've already demonstrated that you haven't read the thread.

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    oh oh oh

    He's started with the "whatever, I don't care what any of you think" routine.

    Next he'll be saying that we all live in our parents' basements.
    totally

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    oh oh oh

    He's started with the "whatever, I don't care what any of you think" routine.

    Next he'll be saying that we all live in our parents' basements.

    I said that a while ago, but then you've already demonstrated that you haven't read the thread.
    I like how you think this constitutes an insult

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Damn. The foundation of my self esteem is how others perceive me. I cannot live with myself.
    yes, you've well established you're an internet badass who wants to kill someone (but someone that deserves to die of course, that makes the desire ok!) and doesn't give a fuck what all the haters think

    you are indeed a unique and beautiful snowflake, just like all the other pretend tough guys out there

    Ok. I'm going to have to give you props for this one. Fight Club:^:

    Taranis on
    / steam / [blizzard] taranis#1834 /
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    oh dear, he thought I was referencing Fight Club

    color me surprised

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I live in my own basement thank you very much

    Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Guys, Fight Club is totally an awesome movie. I want to be just like Tyler Durden. He clearly is the answer to this sissy lifestyle we all have to put up with. That movie had such a great theme am I right?

    edit: (waiting for):
    Don't you all see? You've played right into Taranasoris's hands. He was trolling you all along! Dance puppets! Dance!

    TankHammer on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Guys, Fight Club is totally an awesome movie. I want to be just like Tyler Durden. He clearly is the answer to this sissy lifestyle we all have to put up with. That movie had such a great theme am I right?
    i no mang
    fuk society

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    That thing about how Calvin and Hobbes grew up to be Jack and Tyler is surprisingly well written

    Not on the same level as the Pokemon coma essay but still well done

    Me Too! on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Pokemon coma essay fucking owns.

    TankHammer on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Seriously though. Mall Ninja. He won't tell us what he does, but assures us that he is good at it and important.

    Also guns and anime

    Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I bet he plays hella GTA.

    Hunter on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Seriously though. Mall Ninja. He won't tell us what he does, but assures us that he is good at it and important.

    Also guns and anime
    haha
    "..with, of course, a Glock..."

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.