Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

New Comic 06-29-09

12346

Posts

  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    kitty DPS is easier

    mangle mash other buttons mangle mash other buttons

    I thought kitty DPS was
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8753/kittydpsrotationa.jpg

    That chart sucks. This is all you ever need.

    What on earth is Kitty DPS.

    The WoW Druid has the ability to transform into various animal forms, all of which grant different abilities. One of them is a large cat creature that does large amounts of damage to a single target. So kitty dps is the damage per second from a druid in cat form. I think.

    Haha, I like the "JOHN FUCKING MADDEN" bit there.

    Darmak on
    CRVUyQp.png
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    See I thought it was some kind of Hello Kitty thing.

    Blake T on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If Whippy doesn't like it well...

    I like it anyway dammit.

    Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    kitty DPS is easier

    mangle mash other buttons mangle mash other buttons

    I thought kitty DPS was
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8753/kittydpsrotationa.jpg

    That chart sucks. This is all you ever need.

    ahahahahahahah

    anf "Kitty DPS" made me think of "Cat vs Electicity" for some reasom

    autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    It's switching to something like that soon. You pay for dungeons and stuff, everything inside of those is free.

    I was thinking of starting up a thread for it when they actually launch the unlimited service.
    but the game will still suck

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    yeah kitty dps is referring to druid's cat form which is basically dps mode
    bear form is basically tank mode
    moonkin is spell nuke form if I remember correctly (never played a drood that high)
    and normal caster form is basically heal form until you get high enough level to spec into tree form
    and then you have several different travel forms

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    wow is so much more complicated now than since I played

    I am glad I don't play

    it's weird you say that since the main criticism of the game now is that it's incredibly basic and class homogenization has gone way overboard.
    Which isn't even true anyway.

    Cilla Black on
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    off-off-off-off-DPS is srs bsns.

    Darkness Mundus on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2009
    people used to mock boomkin dps until I started topping charts while completely undergeared, and everyone in my group was outputting higher DPS as well.


    plus, it was much more fun than paladin healing.

    Unknown User on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    nothing is going to kill WoW

    except maybe WoW2

    There are only two MMOs that could possibly become more popular than WoW:

    1. World of Starcraft

    2. Pokemon

    And it doesn't look like either is going to come out anytime soon.

    Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane
    Pokemon Moon Name: Moon
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) Expert WhinerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    yeah kitty dps is referring to druid's cat form which is basically dps mode
    bear form is basically tank mode
    moonkin is spell nuke form if I remember correctly (never played a drood that high)
    and normal caster form is basically heal form until you get high enough level to spec into tree form
    and then you have several different travel forms

    Pretty much this.


    Though low level balance droods also rely on caster form.

    Doobh on
    I am streamer, destroyer of worlds. [M, Tu, W, F: 2-6 pm EST] and [Saturday: 3-8 pm EST]
    Twitter
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    See I thought it was some kind of Hello Kitty thing.

    I was imagining it as a "what your cat thinks" kind of thing

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DPS is dicks per second right

    Butler on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Not if you're negotiating with me. My exclusivity clause is quite clear.

    Seriously on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    DPS is dicks per second right

    I can handle fifteen

    Me Too! on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It makes discussions of WoW a lot more interesting if you pretend it is.

    Butler on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Butler wrote: »
    DPS is dicks per second right

    or dudes per sex-hole

    autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dicks over time

    AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Javen wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    wow is so much more complicated now than since I played

    I am glad I don't play

    it's weird you say that since the main criticism of the game now is that it's incredibly basic and class homogenization has gone way overboard.

    durhur bring the player not the class durrrrf

    Coldbrand on
    MVCVenom.jpg
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Druhim wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    It's switching to something like that soon. You pay for dungeons and stuff, everything inside of those is free.

    I was thinking of starting up a thread for it when they actually launch the unlimited service.
    but the game will still suck

    Eh, it's not the best game but it's better then WoW on a lot of levels.

    Melding on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    wow is so much more complicated now than since I played

    I am glad I don't play

    it's weird you say that since the main criticism of the game now is that it's incredibly basic and class homogenization has gone way overboard.

    durhur bring the player not the class durrrrf

    I guess you have strong feelings about this.

    KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    It's switching to something like that soon. You pay for dungeons and stuff, everything inside of those is free.

    I was thinking of starting up a thread for it when they actually launch the unlimited service.
    but the game will still suck

    Eh, it's not the best game but it's better then WoW on a lot of levels.

    Do you play DDO? I keep meaning to give it a try but I can never get into it.

    vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    It's switching to something like that soon. You pay for dungeons and stuff, everything inside of those is free.

    I was thinking of starting up a thread for it when they actually launch the unlimited service.
    but the game will still suck

    Eh, it's not the best game but it's better then WoW on a lot of levels.

    Do you play DDO? I keep meaning to give it a try but I can never get into it.

    They have trials open all the time, i think they're either a week or 10 days. I pop in every once in a while to see what new stuff i can find, I plan to actually start playing it once Eberron unlimited hits.

    It's not a very deep game, but no dumb ass 'kill 30 dogs to collect 5 eyes" bull shit at any point.

    Melding on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Whoa it looks to be free all the time now!

    Oh wait that's that Eberron thing

    Me Too! on
  • vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    It's switching to something like that soon. You pay for dungeons and stuff, everything inside of those is free.

    I was thinking of starting up a thread for it when they actually launch the unlimited service.
    but the game will still suck

    Eh, it's not the best game but it's better then WoW on a lot of levels.

    Do you play DDO? I keep meaning to give it a try but I can never get into it.

    They have trials open all the time, i think they're either a week or 10 days. I pop in every once in a while to see what new stuff i can find, I plan to actually start playing it once Eberron unlimited hits.

    It's not a very deep game, but no dumb ass 'kill 30 dogs to collect 5 eyes" bull shit at any point.

    Well if you do end up hitting it up once Eberron unlimited lands, let me know. I'd like to try and get into this game but trying to do it by yourself is just daunting.

    vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    vsove wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    It's switching to something like that soon. You pay for dungeons and stuff, everything inside of those is free.

    I was thinking of starting up a thread for it when they actually launch the unlimited service.
    but the game will still suck

    Eh, it's not the best game but it's better then WoW on a lot of levels.

    Do you play DDO? I keep meaning to give it a try but I can never get into it.

    They have trials open all the time, i think they're either a week or 10 days. I pop in every once in a while to see what new stuff i can find, I plan to actually start playing it once Eberron unlimited hits.

    It's not a very deep game, but no dumb ass 'kill 30 dogs to collect 5 eyes" bull shit at any point.

    Well if you do end up hitting it up once Eberron unlimited lands, let me know. I'd like to try and get into this game but trying to do it by yourself is just daunting.

    Yeah, I try to rustle up posse every couple of months, generally only my girlfriend is the only one polite enough to try to humour me anymore.

    So yeah, expect to hear from me the minute it goes live, I think I have a few other people interested.

    Melding on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I'd be up for it probably

    I want something free and stupid to do

    Me Too! on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Only thing I'm not happy about is having to buy the ability to play as warforged. It'll hopefully only be about $2usd or less, but man the fondest memories i have of that game is a warforged barbarian with like 23ac at level 2. I was nearly invincible, my halfling wizard friend made sure the nearly never became an issue.

    Melding on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Wait what the fuck I have to pay for that

    Me Too! on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drow and Warforged are not free races, slight charge for that using some bullshit points system (which you get free for subscribing, also free access to both races for the duration)

    Monk and whatever new class they are launching are also not free (much like the races you can have them while having a paid subscription and when that runs out you might hvae to buy back rights, but you'd have points from the subscription so it might work out? I don't know)


    It's kinda dumb I will not contest, but i play an elf wizard, fuck ya'll bucket heads.

    I should point out you can buy points, not just from the subscription, just in case someone starts complaining about me not saying you can.

    Melding on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Can I play a Human who hits things with swords

    That's all I really want to do

    Me Too! on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Fuck yes, in several flavours. I suggest Paladin, but there is really no wrong way to do hitting things with swords.

    Oh shit i just realized this was the new comic thread, uh uh, Gabe's expression panel three?

    Melding on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Well I have the trial downloading now so I'll probably hop on tomorrow and keep making a million trials until Eberron hits

    Me Too! on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    only one account per email address, and unlimited is supposed to drop before september, i think July maybe? I don't know, I'm not sure they have started the beta yet.

    Melding on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Good thing I have approximately forty email addresses

    Not even kidding

    Me Too! on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Drow are technically free, actually. But there's a certain amount of faction points or something you need to have before you can use 'em.

    But, man, fuck drow, I want warforged.



    I mean, they're they're actually thematically appropriate being xen'drik natives and all, and pretty much share little-to-nothing in common from the retarded realms drow aside from the arachnid obsession, but fuck drow and the people who play them.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No, i think you have to buy them, You could be right, and i hope you are, but i think you only unlock them for free if you subscribe.

    Melding on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    people used to mock boomkin dps until I started topping charts while completely undergeared, and everyone in my group was outputting higher DPS as well.


    plus, it was much more fun than paladin healing.

    As I played a fire mage, <3 boomkins. What was it, 5% more crits for all casters in the group? That's 230 crit rating for free!

    L|ama on
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User
    edited July 2009
    The frontpage says that the second panel of Lookouts is up, but I can't find it. Why can't I find it?

    Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You have to upgrade to Penny Arcade Premium. It's only for subscribers.

    Platy on
This discussion has been closed.