As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Anno 1404/Dawn of Discovery: growing hemp for fun and profit (NSF56K/H-scroll)

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    but he SHOULD

hmm I'll have to test it later, I could have sword he did

Raneados on
  • EvylEvyl Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    sarukun wrote: »
    well of course you need a road

but if I build then on a road next to a warehouse, and no hemp field is in the weaver's little influence circle, he'll just sit there like a chump while tons of hemp will be stacking up at the warehouse

do I need to enable something so that he'll take what he needs from the warehouse?

I am pretty sure that he does not take goods from the warehouse.

It seems dumb, but pretty sure about this.

No, workers will pick stuff up raw materials from a warehouse - it would be impossible to produce books & glass otherwise.

Evyl on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    nah they do take goods from the warehouse

edit: otherwise how do you expect to make glass

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    they don't for me

little ungrateful fuckers

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited July 2009
    they don't for me

I hate to ask but - are you positive that you didn't shut that weaver down?

Evyl on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Evyl wrote: »
    they don't for me

nope, the hemp sign started glowing red after a while, as if there weren't any to pick up

even though there were 12 tons of the stuff sitting next to him

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited July 2009
    they don't for me

nope, the hemp sign started glowing red after a while, as if there weren't any to pick up

Highlight the building with your mouse - a tooltip should pop up telling you what the issue is.

Evyl on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    nah they do take goods from the warehouse

edit: otherwise how do you expect to make glass

<shrug> Ain't got to that part yet, but guarantee that bitches ain't pullin hemps out of my warehouse.

sarukun on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    When I was having that problem it was just because the little worker bees weren't getting there fast/often enough
    does building more small marketplaces fix this or what

RubberAC on
    edited July 2009
    they don't for me

Highlight the building with your mouse - a tooltip should pop up telling you what the issue is.

This I have not seen, that seems handy.

sarukun on
    edited July 2009
    cuntinous game on the maximum hard mode is fun

Loomdun on
    splat
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man screw the quest where you have to defend against cardinal's forces.

Fuga on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    cuntinous game on the maximum hard mode is fun
    against how man AIs

tyrannus on
    edited July 2009
    threeeee

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited July 2009
    Do they expand to other Islands & the orient as well, or do they just hang out on their islands plotting against you?

Evyl on
    edited July 2009
    they expand absurdly fast, so you gotta counter expand since theres such limited land, and one of them just now was like your to slow oh well and they started sending warships on me everywhere

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, how much is this?

Thinkin' bout gettin' it

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited July 2009
    they don't for me

no hemp available, as if it's not even there

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited July 2009
    they don't for me

no hemp available, as if it's not even there

weird..... the only other thing that comes to mind is if the resource is being stockpiled (I can't remember how you do it, but I know it's possible).

Myself, I had a glitch occur where I conquered an island, and 'upgraded' my castle into a warehouse. the warehouse simply wouldn't function. No goods could be sent/received from it - I had to demolish it and actually build a new warehouse before it would function.

Evyl on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, how much is this?

Thinkin' bout gettin' it

gogamer has it for 34

cheapest I've seen

Raneados on
  • Shifty FisterShifty Fister Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Argh, dangit this game is awesome.

Shifty Fister on
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I broke down and purchased this off steam since I don't have the necessary credit card to buy it off gogamer.

I'm now off to sink countless hours into this.

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really want to like this game but the interface is painful to use after a while, especially once you get a decent sized empire. Not to mention the total and utter lack of documentation about damn near everything.

travathian on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think the interface is pretty good. For instance did you know you could drag buildings to the bottom on a hot bar for easy access. And you can change what comes up when you right click on open land. There are also tons of short cuts to help you find things as well. You can push ctrl plus a number and assign units a group like in an RTS.

Drool on
    edited July 2009
    I personally don't have any trouble with the interface

Loomdun on
    splat
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Drool wrote: »
    I think the interface is pretty good. For instance did you know you could drag buildings to the bottom on a hot bar for easy access. And you can change what comes up when you right click on open land. There are also tons of short cuts to help you find things as well. You can push ctrl plus a number and assign units a group like in an RTS.

You can also drag and drop resources on the top bar to keep track of specific resources you want!

Ctrl+number will flag things with that number so a quick doubletap will move the camera to it.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited July 2009
    are there hotkeys to jump to different buildings

like I can never remember if I have built a baker

Raneados on
    edited July 2009
    I dont know if there would be something that does that because you would have so many buildings to jump to

Loomdun on
    splat
  • travathiantravathian Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    Drool wrote: »

You can also drag and drop resources on the top bar to keep track of specific resources you want!

Now if only all these things were documented some where. Sorry but a 12 page manual for a game like this should be a crime. Civ4 came with a 100+ page manual not to mention the built in civlopedia, granted it is a bit more complicated, but still.

travathian on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I heard the other Anno games have encyclopedias built in, but not this one for some reason.

tofu on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah the other ones had the annopedia. My guess is they were rushed and had to cut that and multiplayer. I blame Ubi, I don't have any evidence it was their fault, but given how horrible the support and the existing online portion of the game is I'll blame them.

Drool on
    edited July 2009
    travathian wrote: »
    I really want to like this game but the interface is painful to use after a while, especially once you get a decent sized empire. Not to mention the total and utter lack of documentation about damn near everything.

This is definitely starting to irritate me.

Using a manual to figure out how to get nobles to come to your town is so fucking plebian. This ain't the fucking Dark Ages, where's your Civilopedia, fuckers!?

Edit: Seriously, this is a problem, somebody tell me how to get nobles to come to town already.

sarukun on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    are your patricians' needs fully satisfied?

tyrannus on
    edited July 2009

Using a manual to figure out how to get nobles to come to your town is so fucking plebian. This ain't the fucking Dark Ages, where's your Civilopedia, fuckers!?

Edit: Seriously, this is a problem, somebody tell me how to get nobles to come to town already.

click on a patrician's house

it tells you what they need

Raneados on
    edited July 2009
    tyrannus wrote: »
    are your patricians' needs fully satisfied?

To the Nth degree. Turns out I had set the tax rate too fuckin' high.

sarukun on
    edited July 2009
    Raneados wrote: »

click on a patrician's house

it tells you what they need

Those fuckers ain't need shit, I turned the tax rate slightly up, which meant I had only happy nobles, not euphoric nobles.

sarukun on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, you gotta make sure your taxes are set as far to the left as possible, otherwise they won't upgrade.

Which is a handy thing to remember, because sometimes those bitches start upgrading and eating up your precious glass or tools and the only way I've found to stop them from doing that is to bump up the tax rate.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, you gotta make sure your taxes are set as far to the left as possible, otherwise they won't upgrade.

Which is a handy thing to remember, because sometimes those bitches start upgrading and eating up your precious glass or tools and the only way I've found to stop them from doing that is to bump up the tax rate.

If you left click the cool little icons on the pie graphs that pop up when you click on their houses, it will "disable" consumption of that resource until you decide different.

Of course, if you want to disable EVERYTHING at once, just bump the tax rate I guess? Who knows that shit.

sarukun on
    edited July 2009

If you left click the cool little icons on the pie graphs that pop up when you click on their houses, it will "disable" consumption of that resource until you decide different.

Of course, if you want to disable EVERYTHING at once, just bump the tax rate I guess? Who knows that shit.

well increasing the taxes also lets you get $$$

Raneados on
    edited July 2009
    normally you want to deny people of resources that are in the lower classes when things are starting to tighten up, so you could take away the cider from peasants, spices from citizens, and there linen cloth, and yada yada books from partricians

Loomdun on
    splat
This discussion has been closed.