As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Giving games you don't like a fair shake

• Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I have a hell of a time with the Disgaea games. I've got Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP and Disgaea 3 for the PS3 but haven't gotten very far in either of them. I think I've gotten to the heart in 3 and I was defeated by Mid-Boss in Afternoon of Darkness.

I really want to like these games, but I'm bewildered be all the stuff you can do and all of the party options. I'm not much of power gamer and I can't decide what I want to do with my party.

On top of all that, I have a large number of RPGs that I've yet to finish and I get distracted fairly easily.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm picking up what you're laying down, brother.

I've been playing Afternoon of Darkness off and on for about 2 years now. Grind a bit here, progress the story, hit a wall, stop playing, repeat in a couple of months. The sheer amount of stuff you can do can be overwhelming, but I found reading some guides really helped out.

But for one piece of advice: ITEM LEVEL. Learn it, Love it, Abuse the shit out of it.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    For some reason, I keep trying to like Resident Evil 4.

I've gone back and tried to play it four or five times now. I get to the castle and I just give up. I mildly enjoy everything before it, but once I get there, I just can't take the controls or the camera anymore and have to give up.

Everyone likes it so much it always makes me feel like I should too. But I don't. And I don't think I ever will. I hope this thread doesn't make me try again.

This is basically me too. I can see there's really a great game there, but fucking a the controls and camera give me way too much trouble to continue. I even liked RE5, too, but I just can't play RE4. Having to try and aim with the left stick is just freaking wacky.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ...Play the Wii Version?

and I daresay RE4 GCN and PS2 have better controls than RE5 360 or PS3!

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ...Play the Wii Version?

I don't have a wii

And as for the 2nd: Are you high? The controls on RE5 are so much better than RE4 PS2 it isn't even funny. Having to aim with the left stick is just weird, and then shooting with one of the face buttons (I think it's square) can't even be compared to actually aiming with the correct stick and shooting with the R1 button (like every other shooter ever).

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I got Halo 3 with my Xbox and I just can't see the charm of it, but in the spirit of the thread, I'm willing to give it another go and push a little further today.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    I have a hell of a time with the Disgaea games. I've got Afternoon of Darkness for the PSP and Disgaea 3 for the PS3 but haven't gotten very far in either of them. I think I've gotten to the heart in 3 and I was defeated by Mid-Boss in Afternoon of Darkness.

I really want to like these games, but I'm bewildered be all the stuff you can do and all of the party options. I'm not much of power gamer and I can't decide what I want to do with my party.

On top of all that, I have a large number of RPGs that I've yet to finish and I get distracted fairly easily.

I've been playing Afternoon of Darkness off and on for about 2 years now. Grind a bit here, progress the story, hit a wall, stop playing, repeat in a couple of months. The sheer amount of stuff you can do can be overwhelming, but I found reading some guides really helped out.

But for one piece of advice: ITEM LEVEL. Learn it, Love it, Abuse the shit out of it.

At least for Disgaea 1 and 2, the game is balanced so that you don't need to use the Item World to progress through the story. If you want to, though, you can twink out your characters with a moderate amount of effort.

jothki on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Now that all the crysis baiting by CoD4 fanboys has died down, I suppose I can go dig up my discs again and try to forget all the prescripted sequences so I can enjoy it again. Especially the gunship battle

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FattronicusFattronicus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Personally with Disgaea I felt like I was up against an absurdly high wall, but after just plowing through the story and settling down with some guides/forums and really just learning how the game works I found myself getting over the hump quite quickly. Before I knew it I had a level 8000 something thief stealing stuff like crazy, a bunch of Yoshitsuna's and the stupidly powerful Divine Majin. Perseverance is key and once you finally get a really good grip on the deeper mechanics of the game, I'm positive you'll get an "A-ha," moment.

Edit: Also make sure to set one goal at a time. Once I beat the game I wanted to rush and get everything done quickly, but I found that trying to do even just two things at once just wasn't cutting it for me. I recommend either getting a Divine Majin right away if you want to kind of break the game, or just start trying to unlock some of the other special characters. Once I was focused on one task at a time the game really started to pull together for me.

Fattronicus on
    76561197968482768.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Resident Evil 4 just did not click with me whatsoever after I started it up three times. (I started it more, but I got raped so many times in the initial village, I can't in good faith count those.) I wanted to like it, but, eh, it just didn't work out. Ah well.

As far as Tactics Advance goes, when you can get characters that completely break the game (Red Mage/Summoner and the Assassin in particular) it becomes tolerable. But I'd still say I enjoyed FFT way way more.

And a positive experience! Way back in the day, I got Skies of Arcadia for my Dreamcast without having heard about it from anyone. I started it up, died horribly in the first boss battle (I think it's actually the first battle period) because I just didn't know how to play, or something, I guess. So, I just kinda went to write it off as one of those games that I'd never play. Talked to one of my friends about it that night and he went "Uh-uh. You go and play that game right goddamn now." I made it past that point and just loved the rest of the game.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ...Play the Wii Version?

I don't have a wii

And as for the 2nd: Are you high? The controls on RE5 are so much better than RE4 PS2 it isn't even funny. Having to aim with the left stick is just weird, and then shooting with one of the face buttons (I think it's square) can't even be compared to actually aiming with the correct stick and shooting with the R1 button (like every other shooter ever).

Oh, you played the inferior version of RE4. I've only spent a limited amount of time with it, but I much preferred even those controls to the RE5 controls on the PS Triple.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ...Play the Wii Version?

I don't have a wii

I'm going to have to agree with XoB on this one. I'm glad they had the option to convert the controls back to RE4 style because the starting settings felt like they mangled the controls in order to allow you to shoot with the shoulder buttons while using the right stick. You can't move while aiming, so there isn't any real need to require usage of the right analogue other than catering to those who haven't played games with earlier control schemes.

Honestly though Wii remote pointer style controls are superior to just about everything short of a keyboard and mouse set up. Give it a try if you have the chance, the degree in accuracy for aiming is leaps and bounds above anything else around.

Kelor on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kelor wrote: »
    Honestly though Wii remote pointer style controls are superior to just about everything short of a keyboard and mouse set up. Give it a try if you have the chance, the degree in accuracy for aiming is leaps and bounds above anything else around.

I find them extremely awkward and imprecise. I'd take analogue sticks over the Wii remote and I don't care that much for analogue stick aiming.

I don't think being able to aim better would fix RE4's crippling problems, though.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've tried multiple times to play Two Worlds.

I just can't manage more than about ten minutes of it.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    Jean Claude Van CalmJean Claude Van Calm 'sup? Awesome Possum.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was a big fan of MGS and enjoyed MGS2. I hadn't heard anything about MGS3 when it first came out and when I finally got to play it a year or so after it came out I think I made it maybe 15 minutes into the game (I made it to the first rope bridge, like the second area) before I decided I really hated MGS set in the jungle.

I put it down and didn't play for a long time, until I went over to a friends house and he was just starting the fight with "The End". Probably not the best fight to watch, but it really had that MGS tone that I really enjoyed and didn't give enough time to get to the first time around. I played that game for the next week or so and it's been my favorite MGS since.

Jean Claude Van Calm on
    PSN: Grimmsy- Xbox Live: Grimmsy
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I find them extremely awkward and imprecise. I'd take analogue sticks over the Wii remote and I don't care that much for analogue stick aiming.

I don't think being able to aim better would fix RE4's crippling problems, though.

The controls implemented in RE4 Wii were received well by the majority of people that played it from what I've read both in reviews and on various forums. They're intuitive (point where you want to shoot) and accurate enough that I've seen a lot of reactions to them saying that they actually made the game easier due to how much easier it is to score head shots.

What problems did you have with RE4? I'll grant you that it isn't without it's flaws but I can't see anything as severe as what you're saying was in there.

Regarding RE5 the biggest issue that it had was never the controls, it was the way they went about integrating the co-op into the game itself in the first place.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    If anything the only complaint one could have about the RE 4:Wii Edition controls would be that it tends to make the game a bit easier.

But then again, it's all opinion anyways. But we'd have nothing to talk about if we didn't argue opinions! :P Especially in a thread like this.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    CarolinaBBQCarolinaBBQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Screw Dead Rising....The guns controlled like ass and it was not meant for an obsessive compulsionist with little time to play through 6 times. I even gave up on a good story and just tried getting through the main story and failed. suck suck sucked....part 2 will be a bargain bin purchase for me even if they fix everything.

In the future, I see myself enjoying watching games like that played through more than actually playing through them.

CarolinaBBQ on
    Scri33le.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I really need to give RE4 (Wii version) another shot at some point. The village section in the beginning felt like the designers wanted me to stop playing.

jothki on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I played the first bit of Wind Waker and was very unhappy with it. Finally gave it another shot because of my love for The Legend of Zelda II, which most people hated because of the change in style.

Turns out the game is fun. Not as good, maybe, as Majora's Mask, but charming in its own way, and certainly worth playing.

Tamin on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    When I first picked up fallout 3 it was because Amazon had the CE on sale for $50. I finally played it a few weeks later and made it out of the Vault and to Megaton before I felt like..."this is retarded, there's nothing to do.". And promptly didn't play again for a long time. I kept thinking of selling it on half.com as I could get more than I paid for it, but never did.

I put it in last week on a whim (well, the screenshots for point lookout looked pretty sweet and I thought "maybe I was wrong"), and now I'm having a grand time and understand what all the fuss was about.

I honestly don't know what changed in my view to have my attitude about it be night and day, but whatever.

I actually did the same thing with Spore. I got it when it first came out, got to the space stage and never touched it again. Then a few weeks ago I got bored and loaded it up again and had a blast. Again, not sure what changed, but my view of it was totally different than it was the first time I played.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited July 2009
    I was a big fan of MGS and enjoyed MGS2. I hadn't heard anything about MGS3 when it first came out and when I finally got to play it a year or so after it came out I think I made it maybe 15 minutes into the game (I made it to the first rope bridge, like the second area) before I decided I really hated MGS set in the jungle.

I put it down and didn't play for a long time, until I went over to a friends house and he was just starting the fight with "The End". Probably not the best fight to watch, but it really had that MGS tone that I really enjoyed and didn't give enough time to get to the first time around. I played that game for the next week or so and it's been my favorite MGS since.

The first paragraph is exactly me to a T. Loved MGS1 and 2, but hadn't played 3 until much later, and played a bit and just couldn't get into it.

I played it again in my timeline playthroughs of all the MGS games before 4, though, and finally got into it. It didn't turn into my favorite MGS, though. I do like it, and I find it quite interesting, but it's still my least favorite MGS.

And to Kelor on the RE4 discussion: The reason the 2nd analog is there and should have been used in RE4 too is because a lot of people are used to aiming with that finger. Personally I couldn't get too far into RE4 because I fucking sucked. I was constantly running out of ammo because I can't aim with my left had AT ALL. If RE5 forced the same controls as 4, I would have never bought it at all. And aside from the aiming the camera made me want to punch things, too. I hated it so much.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tamin wrote: »
    I played the first bit of Wind Waker and was very unhappy with it. Finally gave it another shot because of my love for The Legend of Zelda II, which most people hated because of the change in style.

Turns out the game is fun. Not as good, maybe, as Majora's Mask, but charming in its own way, and certainly worth playing.

I too disliked Wind Waker the first time I played it, but after finishing Twilight Princess I was in a zelda mood and decided to replay Wind Waker and actually finish it, and loved it. My biggest complaint was the game was too easy, but playing it when I was in the mood for that style of gameplay I found It was just plain fun and still one of the best looking games I've played.

Majora's Mask, I never cared for. One of these days I may actually replay and finish it, but the furthest I ever got was the water temple, which I didn't finish because it was bad and its designer should feel bad.

Also recently I went back and played through Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow, having never previously finished them. They were better than I gave them credit for originally where I got lost and couldn't find where the fuck to go, but the ending on both pissed me off still. Hiding the Real Boss/Real Ending is just bad game design. Having to equip an arbitrary set of items when fighting the last boss in order to fight a secret boss for the good endings, is stupid. Especially in the case of Aria of Sorrow where 2/3rd of the items you need are random drops you aren't guaranteed to get without farming for them specifically.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    And to Kelor on the RE4 discussion: The reason the 2nd analog is there and should have been used in RE4 too is because a lot of people are used to aiming with that finger. Personally I couldn't get too far into RE4 because I fucking sucked. I was constantly running out of ammo because I can't aim with my left had AT ALL. If RE5 forced the same controls as 4, I would have never bought it at all. And aside from the aiming the camera made me want to punch things, too. I hated it so much.

If it had the option to toggle between left and right sticks would that grab you? I mean are you more adjusted to moving with the left and targeting with the right stick? I'm genuinly curious since I imagine it's a matter of muscle memory more than anything else. I've grown up playing Golden Eye and Timesplitters so perhaps I don't have as much of an issue with it, where as someone who primarily played titles on the PS2/Xbox would be more used to using their right thumb.

Or maybe lefties have it easier. Which would be nice for a change.

Fuck you ring binders!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

If it had the option to toggle between left and right sticks would that grab you? I mean are you more adjusted to moving with the left and targeting with the right stick? I'm genuinly curious since I imagine it's a matter of muscle memory more than anything else. I've grown up playing Golden Eye and Timesplitters so perhaps I don't have as much of an issue with it, where as someone who primarily played titles on the PS2/Xbox would be more used to using their right thumb.

Or maybe lefties have it easier. Which would be nice for a change.

Fuck you ring binders!

It'd be weird running with the right stick then if it had a toggle between solely left and solely right, but running needs a lot less precision than shooting, so it'd still be much better. I think yeah if you played Golden Eye a lot when you were younger you'd be better at it. I didn't play it much at all, as I never owned an N64. The few shooters I played on PS1 (Quake and whatever else) used the right stick to shoot (at least I'm pretty sure they did), and then most of my other playtime on games was on PS2 where the right stick was always aiming/shooting.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    NaturalNarcissistNaturalNarcissist Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I picked up Burnout Paradise for fifteen bucks after nearly everyone told me it was THE GREATEST GAME EVAR.

I've sunk like five hours into it and just don't care for the this new genre of open world racing. The city isn't anywhere near as varied or interesting as the ones in Burnout 3 or Revenge, and outside of the freeways it's a rather small slice of an already dull city. Throw in the aggravation of not being able to enjoy the actual racing because WHOOPS you took a wrong turn and came in last and I'm just done. And I hate, hate, hate that there's never anything to unlock in these open race games. New cars... yay. At least the old Midnight Clubs had you working towards entirely new cities.

NaturalNarcissist on
  • Options
    Delicious SteveDelicious Steve Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophecy (pick one)

So i have a thing about, knowing what i need to do, and bad game design + bugs and glitches preventing me from doing that, the first childhood flashback in Indiheit Prophefahrency had some crappy section where you ran along side a moving army truck so you wouldn't be spotted by guards, unfortunately the map was half-transparent so it was impossible to work out if that was a guard on the map or a piece of scenery, and i got to a section where it seemed guards would spot me no matter what, so i gave up and didn't play it for a year.

Last night i picked it back up and for no apparent reason the guards didn't spot me in the place i had tried to run through several times before, finished the game and loved the story, didn't even mind the "superpowers" everyone whined about.

Also Beyond Good & Evil, fuck that game and it's shitty hovercraft race I'm supposed to find a secret exit to, but if i ever start playing it again and figure it out I'll probably love the game.

Delicious Steve on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

The controls implemented in RE4 Wii were received well by the majority of people that played it from what I've read both in reviews and on various forums. They're intuitive (point where you want to shoot) and accurate enough that I've seen a lot of reactions to them saying that they actually made the game easier due to how much easier it is to score head shots.

What problems did you have with RE4? I'll grant you that it isn't without it's flaws but I can't see anything as severe as what you're saying was in there.

Tank controls and a terrible, immobile, too close in camera are pretty severe.

I'm too used to playing games that don't hamper the player with awkward controls and are nice enough to let them see things because, unlike Capcom, they may actually be talented developers that don't need to use cheap control and camera tricks to try to build tension.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm too used to playing games that don't hamper the player with awkward controls and are nice enough to let them see things because, unlike Capcom, they may actually be talented developers that don't need to use cheap control and camera tricks to try to build tension.

My problem with that was not the proximity of Leon to the camera, but his placement. I don't remember if he was too much at the leftmost side of the screen or too much at the rightmost side. Maybe if he had been more centered it would have been better.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    RockinX wrote: »

My problem with that was not the proximity of Leon to the camera, but his placement. I don't remember if he was too much at the leftmost side of the screen or too much at the rightmost side. Maybe if he had been more centered it would have been better.

As low-set as the camera is, that would have just made it worse. And to be fair, the positioning of the camera isn't always terrible, but it is always extremely limited and makes looking around hard because you have to deal with the utterly crap tank controls to do it.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Next up for me, Sword of Mana. The disappointing remake of Final Fantasy Adventure. I will try and actually finish it this time.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I gave Halo a fair shake three times. The first Halo I thought was alright; creatively bankrupt, with horrendous level design, but fairly fun and had some great setpieces.

Halo 2 was terrible. I fucking hate that game. I've tried playing through it 2 or 3 times, but my disdain grows with every attempt. I can't bring myself to finish it, which is funny, 'cause it's the shortest one.

Ultimately, I have no idea why I wanted to try out Halo 3, but my perseverance paid off. I really loved it - they finally got the formula right, and elevated the overall design to a very consistent level of quality.

The original Halo is one of my all-time most-played games simply because of the multiplayer component. I actually massively enjoyed the campaign as well, but I think something about just resonates well with me.

Halo 2 completely put me off the Halo series. After playing Halo for a couple of years, I played Halo 2 for maybe a few weeks and then swore to never let Bungie pull that crap on me again. You see, the gang for the original Halo up and left and the new gang only worked on Halo 2 for just over a year. So Halo 2 ends up utterly craptastic except Bungie was stringing people along for months talking about awesome features that were garbage. I could've lived with the campaign mode if they hadn't completely wrecked the multiplayer.

Then I played Halo 3 and ended up supremely aggravated with Bungie because it was like the game was made by a completely different company. Some people bitch about the Halo mythos being generic, but damn if they don't give you some good reasons for why Master Chief is a hero. Halo 3's multiplayer may never appeal to me as much as Halo 1's did, but at least I found the campaign mode really enjoyable again.

Also, Resident Evil. I played RE2 years ago for about five minutes, hated it, and didn't even consider trying an RE game until someone suggested REmake. I hugely enjoyed the game and then was massively disappointed by RE4 within a matter of weeks. I tried to enjoy RE4 again some time later, but nope, still sucks ass. Puzzle zombie game with crap controls where you can run away from most threats? Fun. Retarded action game with hideous controls, atrocious writing and characters, the most minimal puzzles possible, and not-zombies in a zombie series? Pass.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What I'd love to see them do is pick up the Outbreak series for Resident Evil now that the online structure is in place to support it. Keep the standard singleplayer games in the main series and then any further co-op games they have planned can fall under the Outbreak offshoot.

RE5 had it's moments when you're playing with a friend but good lord the single player component suffered from needing your sidekick with you at all times.

Kelor on
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've played FFTA several times now, and can honestly say that the game is a horrificly poor attempt at emulating the origional FFT.

First off, the story is atrocious. pretty much the whole thing is telegraphed to you in the first half half hour, with the main characters decision making being incredibly self centered; my oppinion is that the game's translation was either totally obliterated and they had to make somthing up from scratch, or the writer was an objectivist.

second, theres the imbalances in the races. I get that they wanted to have various themes attached to races, but it wound up leaving me with little interest in certain ones. By and large, the bangaa were a waste of space, the Nou mou were passable as spell casters, the moogles were almost entirely forgettable, humans were above average and viera were fucking god moders. Seriously, a team with marche as a fighter type backed by 2 assasins, a red summoner white mage hybrid, and a sniper was dirty as hell.

And of course there were the laws. fuck the hell out of them. If I could have I would have made the whole damm map jagds.

Gaddez on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I'm not impressed with the bangaa. Thanks for the heads up on the races, I didn't want to investigate for myself what was good and bad.

Another point I have against this game is the artwork. Marche's portrait in dialogue (aside from looking dumb) looks nothing like his character on the battlefield.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    FFTA's art is fantastic.

Bangaas are pretty good as well, the best race for physical damage in the game. They are a bit more balanced in FFTA2 though.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    FFTA's art is fantastic.

Bangaas are pretty good as well, the best race for physical damage in the game. They are a bit more balanced in FFTA2 though.

Viera are as absurdly imbalanced as ever. Blood Price shouldn't exist, and Doublecast probably shouldn't either.

jothki on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kingdom Hearts. My friend begged me to play it and I was totally willing but it still sucked. Hated that game to death.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Visti wrote: »
    I got Halo 3 with my Xbox and I just can't see the charm of it, but in the spirit of the thread, I'm willing to give it another go and push a little further today.

Halo 3 co-op is where it starts to shine. When you don't have to go back to the last checkpoint each time is a godsend.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Limed for truth.
    Also, abuse the shit out of the master/pupil thing as well. At it's most basic, you can use it to teach special moves to characters that normally wouldn't get them (like making flonne a walking avatar of magic death) but there's a whole host of other ways to use it, but it's best to read a guide or two rather than trying to figure it out yourself.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I've finally got a grip on FFT:A's horrible menu system, so it's become less painful.

Henroid on