As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big smelly head [DOODLE] face with words that make me go ARAHAHREIAHRIA

• Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's not supposed to be a little man?

Skelly B on
  • Radar6590Radar6590 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if it is or not. *shrug* I don't see what it would have to do with "New Horizon", though...

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    Loomdun wrote: »
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    WCK: Radar has the long end of it, I'd just like to say that you should be especially wary about punching those people's chins that much. I think that's what puts me off the most. And I think you mentioned that these were for an animation some time back? Well, work on them being exactly the same on a couple of pages. Couple of A4 pages of just that dude being exactly the same. He's off-model in pretty much every one.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaximasXXZMaximasXXZ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bob_small.jpg

It's Bob.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    PSN: MaximasXXZ XBOX Live: SneakyMcSnipe
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like the hatching! You are aware of the eyes though?
    sometimes when I'm having a bad art day, it takes me ~45 to do a fucking basic sketch. RAGE!!
    rs1.jpg

F87 on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Do you prefer to sketch in PS, franK? I have a really hard time doing preliminary sketches digitally, I'm always amazed when I see people doing it.

Iruka on
    edited July 2009
    F87 wrote: »

I am aware that Bob is a person with facial features that are not quite Loomis-approved.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Iruka wrote: »
    Do you prefer to sketch in PS, franK? I have a really hard time doing preliminary sketches digitally, I'm always amazed when I see people doing it.

Yes. Because everything I draw slants to the left (which I'm blind in my left eye... hmm? ) so it's so much easier for me to adjust it in PS.
    I'm lazy.

MaximasXXZ - haha awesome. Your sketch is pretty dead on then. Excuse me, Sir.

F87 on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    MaximasXXZ wrote: »
    F87 wrote: »

I am aware that Bob is a person with facial features that are not quite Loomis-approved.

True, but he has much larger eyes in the picture; in the picture, the distance between the inside of the eyes is about one eyelength; the size of your eyes makes that distance almost two eye lengths.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited July 2009
    Iruka: Personally, I always used to prefer sketching digitally myself. I hate wasting paper on tons of sketches. Recently I kind of like the feel of a pencil. But then I got a cintiq, so I've been back at the digital sketching.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    ...And I am being hulked enraged by multiple things right now and I will destroy you
    edited July 2009
    True, but he has much larger eyes in the picture; in the picture, the distance between the inside of the eyes is about one eyelength; the size of your eyes makes that distance almost two eye lengths.

You are correct, sir. In the sketch, I made the shadow over the left eye cut off the edge of it--it's a habit I have of drawing as if I'm going to ink. Even so, it's still a little far apart.

MaximasXXZ on
    zombiegirl8ki.gif
    TL_Sigblock.jpg
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I have an Intuos, so that probably increases my inability, I just feel like I have less control. This feeling does not translate into coloring digitally, so I donno, maybe I'm weird.

Iruka on
    edited July 2009
    I felt that way for a while.

Are any of these somewhat appealing?

rs2.jpg

I like number 2 for some reason...:winky:

But 4 I think is the best.

F87 on
  • FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Digital sketching makes digital inking/painting so much easier if you're lacking a scanner, like me. Oh to not be living space impaired. After a while it kinda becomes second nature.

Frank - I'd say 3 or 4.

More boring posing ahoy, but I think I've got the robot's design worked out now, more or less (human figure is another character, not entirely happy with the top of the outfit, may redo it. It's a bit too.. bathrobe-y).

BotHuman2.jpg

Fantasyrogue on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Not really a doodle but :U Painting for a girl who I have a mad crush on, giving it to her at comic con, hoping she likes it.

painting014.jpg
    painting021.jpg

Kochikens on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nice. She'll be all over you.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Um no I don't think that's how it usually works, sadly. Cool painting though!

earthwormadam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If you give it to me Koch I can promise you at least a hand job, and maybe other things if you treat me like a lady.

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    That's going right in my sig.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    edited July 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    If you give it to me Koch I can promise you at least a hand job, and maybe other things if you treat me like a lady.

This might be difficult, I don't have a penis.

Kochikens on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the hell are you talking about

everyone has a penis

Tam on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have a vagenis

Loomdun on
    splat
    edited July 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »

What deviousness is this! I demand that you have a penis, so that I might rub it for free art!

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    Kochikens wrote: »

What deviousness is this! I demand that you have a penis, so that I might rub it for free art!

.... Willing to trade genitals? :winky:

Kochikens on
    edited July 2009
    Throw in a pair of boobies and you've got yourself a deal.

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    DEAL. No tradebacks, I'll even throw in a few boxes of tampons and some ibuprofen, you have fun with that.

Kochikens on
  • CharisCharis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Has anyone asked why Kochikens is giving the ladylove a picture of a wolf amputee? I'm asking that.

In other news, the tones in that fur are lovely, and lo and behold: the wolf has an expression with emotion without being crazy over-exaggerated or having the fabled Disney animal eyebrows.

Charis on
    edited July 2009
    Shit, dude, this is a bad trade. I suggest you back out now. Boobies my be fun, but periods are not. I have heard many a complaint (mainly from Charis).

Also, Lesbians!

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
    edited July 2009
    Silence Radar, it's too late now. Deal made.

And thanks Charis! I'm really happy with how the wolf turned out, I did it like a week after I did the background because I was so nervous about fucking it up. Glad you like the tones too, didn't want to use the same browns that were in the background or else he'd like... mush into it. And he is ladyloves RP character, a Canadian lumberjack werewolf who had an incident with a chainsaw. Then later, an incident with a flamethrower to the face. Was worried the scar tissue would look like shit, but I think I did an ok job. I imagine he is a bit upset because he is in a sewer and it smells bad. Also, incase anyone was wondering, acrylic.

Kochikens on
    edited July 2009
    No way, this is my big opportunity to finally prove that this giving birth shit is piss easy. I'm certain they've been bitching and moaning all these decades over something that could be handled with a good magazine and an hour in the bathroom.

Also, who wants a free baby?

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.

EDIT: Though apparently not Mustang, who will be poppin' them out like a Mississippi teenager and will have no time for bleeding

Charis on
    edited July 2009
    that's a bash.org quote, right? God, I haven't visited that site in a long time.

Tam on
    edited July 2009
    I don't even know what that is, so apparently not

Charis on
    edited July 2009
    Well I read it somewhere on the internets about 3 years ago

Tam on
    edited July 2009
    Pics or it didn't happen
    I may actually draw shit at some point.

Radar6590 on
    My DeviantArt
  • WastingPenguinsWastingPenguins Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Radar6590 wrote: »
    Based on how light your highlights are, and how hard that shadow is, there really should be darker shadows on the cup's backside. Even considering relfected light (which should be cooler, not warm yellow, if the surface actually is cyan). Were you referencing this, or just painting from memory?

Also, why is there a violet "U" on the light side of the cup? It shouldn't be there.

Was painted from life, sitting on a wood desk that is actually orange and fairly reflective. The cyan is just me being lazy and dumb with paint bucket. Perhaps the shadow should be darker-- but I'm kind of a dumb noob painter so who knows! D: But the warm shadow came mostly from the reflected desk, I think.

The "U" actually should be there, because it was there in life. :P It's actually just a reflected computer wire. Not necessary at all, but I threw in on for kicks. Thanks for the crits!

WastingPenguins on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know, a good way to improve your pieces would be to actually take critique. For this, I would tell you exactly what desperaterobots said pages back. And, if no one said this, your symbol looks like a man running. If it's not supposed to be that, which I don't think it is, that's poor graphic design. If you could tell me what it is supposed to mean, then I can throw some suggestions out.

Initially i did, but the guys im doing this for INSISTED that i go back to the old door, with a more skewed angle. I know its not 3 point perspective, and it shouldnt be. It aint easy trying to explain why its not working. The character in the foreground is waaaay to big as well, but the guys want him there.
    Also, i didnt create the logos.
    For the sketches above, you really need to study anatomy and stop making your people so symbolized. They're not even stylized, they're just rudimentary. And for the house, you should relook at your perspective. Very few of the lines match up.

im always studying anatomy. i just cant apply it correctly yet.

winter_combat_knight on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Visti wrote: »
    WCK: Radar has the long end of it, I'd just like to say that you should be especially wary about punching those people's chins that much. I think that's what puts me off the most. And I think you mentioned that these were for an animation some time back? Well, work on them being exactly the same on a couple of pages. Couple of A4 pages of just that dude being exactly the same. He's off-model in pretty much every one.

You're right, they are supposed to be for an animation (im not aiming high:)) I did some shitty ones back in high school when i was like, 10 times worse at drawing, so hopefully it can look harf decent. Thats a good idea drawing it the same for a few pages. That is obviously my main issue. I dont know how to draw them the same, because i dont understand what makes each drawing unique (style/features etc) As for the pucnch-out chins... i think thats a habbit. Ill bring em back a bit.

winter_combat_knight on
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dhalsimcopy.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited July 2009
    I know it's too late now but you've some slanty cranium issues there Zerg.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.