The last free game thread made me want to put together a free game sticky. So, with 90X's help, here it is. Also, I'm going to try to keep Java and Flashed based games off the list for now.
- Multiplayer-Only Army Propaganda FPS
- A healthy online mix of anime style characters and worms style gameplay.
- a side scrolling variation on the CS theme (Thanks to joehonkie for the discription)
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
- Team Based Mission Oriented Multiplayer-Only FPS.
-Futuristic Online RTS?(thanks to Dravalen in the last free games thread.)
- Timed Anime Based side-scrolling shooter. (Thanks to Useff in the last free games thread)
- Lots of stylish games, rRootage has an Ikuragua-like mode. (Thanks to Useff in the last free games thread)
- The best free game ever? I think so. Combining Soul Calibur inspired gameplay with a heavier anime influence, and a more stylized combo system, this game will shock and awe you. Too bad the story and the website are in solid Japanese. But the menus are in english, so hurrah!
- An RPG that teaches Japanese...sort of.
Beneath a Steel Sky
- Classic Adventure Game (Thanks to JoeHonkie, once again)
3D Doom, 3D Heretic, and 3D Hexen
- Self Explanitory. (Thanks to The_Cheese)
- looks kind of like asteroids online.(Thanks to Helios)
-The Battletech tabletop game, except online. (Thanks to Machwing)
Free Shoot em' ups
- Self explanitory.(Thanks to dizzle)
- Fun throwing people down stairs or out of trucks. (Thanks to Communist?)
- Tetris online (thanks to CaspianX)
- DDR Clone (I don't know his screen-name, but thanks to email@example.com
Shareware Games/Free games with catches-
- MMORTS, with a futuristic space theme. Free Version players get less experience, less units, etc. etc.
- Infamous Dirtbike game. Free version only has 18 levels.
- "The game is similar to Savage, only Fantasy versus Sci-Fi. And it has RPG elements instead of RTS elements." Free Players only have access to half of the classes. (Thanks to EberKain in those last 2 threads he made about it)
- Free online game with more items and weapons in the paid version(Thanks to Eggs)
Beta MMORPGs (May go to P2P at any time)
- 3D MMORPG, somewhat like RO.(Thanks to Dangerous)
(Thanks to Cuthbert)
Street Fighter Online
- The title says it all. (Thanks to SomeGuy99)
Quest for the Crown
- The best flash game ever. Note: You must play this with sound on.
- Many many games. Also, not in english(mostly). (Thanks to Squashua)
- A free Java MMORPG(Thanks to Jamsque, I guess)
- Putting this one up makes me sad.(No thanks to theforthman,
- Flash stuff. (Thanks to Kato)
- Lots of fun flash stuff(Thanks to Fleck0)
- I believe we all know this one.(Steven wouldn't let me forget.)
Now here's a list that I didn't want to seperate and put into the other lists. Awhile back, joehonkie asked for a list of free games, and in the last free games thread, he posted that list again. So:
Here's a list of some good ones:
- a nice little top down racing game
- an excellent Monkeyball-like game you control with the mouse
- a falling block puzzle game that kicks ass
- a sweet little mouse controlled shooter
- a very tricky puzzle game, in some ways like Sokoban but harder and geekier
- an awesome 2d survival horror game (watch for pop-ups and spyware installers on that page)
- the Nethack dungeon crawling game with a nice visual interface
Star Control 2
- space exploration and battle game, classic, used to be commercial and sold damn well
Laser Squad Nemesis
- by the team who did X-com, free to play hotseat, constantly getting new features
- a short but fun vertical scrolling shooter, complete with voice actresses (movies don't work in XP/2000)[Editor's note: The version on that site uses a really old type of data compression. If you want a version that you actually have a chance of being able to extract, look for it on the site that starts with "under" and ends with "dogs".]
- a Final Fantasy Tactics/Disgaea like game
- a vertical scrolling shooter where all you do is take on larger and larger bosses
- a series of cute Zelda-like games that have a look and feel similar to Lunar
[Editor's Note: I took out some that were already mentioned]
EDIT: I want to point out that I am indebted to many forumers for their contributions to my list in past threads.
And finally, games mentioned in the last thread that I don't really know how to categorize:
- "it aims to be a Massively multiplayer space game, but it's vaporware as far as I'm concerned " (Thanks to Runitai for all that.)
Little Fighter 2
- Fun for a while. It's a beat 'em up with nice action but the moves aren't that deep.
Survival Project -
I haven't downloaded this yet. It's some sort of strategy game...looks good.
And thus ends Version 1 of the Free Games Sticky
And yes, it will get more organized over time.