As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Michele Bachmann: too crazy even for the wingier nuts.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Actually she's resigning.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh, come fucking get some, Palin. You want to completely buck the Nixon stay-out-of-the-way-and-make-everyone-forget-why-they-hated-you model? Bring it, Mayor Mooseburger.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Apparently because she believes she can "be more effective on a national level outside of government"

Coming soon: FOX News Political Pundit Sarah Palin?

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Actually she's resigning.

Three and a half years in advance!?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OH GOD

SOMEONE STOP HER

SPEAKING

MOUTH FLAPS OPEN

MOVING

BAD CHEESEY WORDS

PAIN

I forgot how horrible of a speaker she is.

*cries*

edit: Oh christ, bad basketball analogies.

edit2: Ok, she's pretty much just confirmed that she's running in 2012.

By passing the basketball. Of victory.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really wonder what is going on.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SanderJK wrote: »
    I really wonder what is going on.

She just got back from Argentina

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why.... why did she make a long tortured point guard analogy?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I can see even the birds are laughing at Palin.

Double post, whoops.

"We've got to put first things first, and first things first is I love my job" and then my ears exploded.

Gosling on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    OH GOD SOMEONE STOP HER FROM SPEAKING

I forgot how painful of a speaker she is.

She's gonna run for President.

Her qualifications:

Governor for 2 years before quitting
    Ran a hilariously unsuccessful campaign for VP
    Known to be part of a secessionist group
    In national spotlight for less than 1 year

Good luck, Sarah, I hope this goes well!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Does she have a phobia of commas or sentence pauses or something? Seriously.

It's like she's the exact opposite of Obama, there's no thoughtfulness at all, just a spewing of words.

Even Bush wasn't this bad -- the wrong words came out, but at least he thought about them.

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    More depressingly, it means the election cycle for the Presidency is now 3.5 friggin' years. At least in '07-'08 they had the decency to wait til the midterms for the most part.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    HOW IS THIS A SELFLESS ACT PARNELL

THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF SELFLESS

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Honestly, she can't think that not having an office for nearly four years before the election would be a plus in her campaign right? Could she be planning on going after Murkowski's seat?

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Does she have a phobia of commas or sentence pauses or something? Seriously.

It's like she's the exact opposite of Obama, there's no thoughtfulness at all, just a spewing of words.

Even Bush wasn't this bad -- the wrong words came out, but at least he thought about them.

Also, too.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    OH GOD SOMEONE STOP HER FROM SPEAKING

I forgot how painful of a speaker she is.

She's gonna run for President.

Her qualifications:

Governor for 2 years before quitting
    Ran a hilariously unsuccessful campaign for VP
    Known to be part of a secessionist group
    In national spotlight for less than 1 year

Good luck, Sarah, I hope this goes well
    !

Priceless. I love this so much.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    Honestly, she can't think that not having an office for nearly four years before the election would be a plus in her campaign right? Could she be planning on going after Murkowski's seat?

Remember that a black hole is significantly brighter than she is.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "I found the statement rambling and in some places incoherent." -Anchorage Daily News

And now, Billy Mays sells me things from beyond the grave.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    "I found the statement rambling and in some places incoherent." -Anchorage Daily News

And now, Billy Mays sells me things from beyond the grave.

CNN: "It didn't seem a very well thought out, or perhaps even written speech." (roughly)

Aaaannnd back to Jacko.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OH GOD THEY'RE PLAYING IT AGAIN

SAVE ME CHTHULU

Gosling on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    As much as it pains me, I must hear her speak about this shit. Anyone got a link?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The world needs more Trigs, not fewer!

Gosling on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just can't fathom Palin's reasoning. Leaving your elected position when nothing has really happened to you other than being a national laughingstock? Her Republican opponents are going to hammer on this one ad nauseam. Not to mention that if freakshow of freakshows, she did make the Republican nomination, the Dems are going to have a ton of fun criticizing her blatant sacrifice of the citizens of Alaska to further her own political ambitions.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh my god actually WATCHING this press conference, I honestly wonder if like, she was advised to say she's not going to run for re-election, and she didn't 'get it', and fucked up. She sounds like she steps down on a whim.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So wait, if she resigns, who takes over in Alaska? And will it become a better place?

Henroid on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I really don't understand this. How does ducking out for no apparent reason help a possible 2012 run?

Or has she been making unexplained trips to Argentina recently?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think she did it for the good of Alaska. She's letting someone in who might actually care about governing.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    America is looking north to the future.

Yup....pretty sure she's gonna run.

The fun thing is, she has a pretty good shot of winning the Republican primary. The REALLY fun thing is, if she does the general is gonna be a bloodbath. Biggest landslide since Reagan.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So I'm actually seeing the speech now. Apparently Palin must give up power because if she doesn't the state can't win and will be wasting time and money because its like smashing her head against a wall. The candor is amazing

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just realized, she isn't even a one-term Governor. She's a half-term Governor who quit. How can that possibly be spun into a good thing?

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    theclam wrote: »
    I think she did it for the good of Alaska. She's letting someone in who might actually care about governing.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Archgarth wrote: »
    I just realized, she isn't even a one-term Governor. She's a half-term Governor. How can that possibly be spun into a good thing?

She cares SO MUCH for America, that she - heart-wrenchingly - gave up being governor of just 1 state so she could be governor of ALL states!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I love the fact that while she's giving this speech, there's a baby crying, and random wildlife making noise. Squawking and whatnot. The jokes write themselves.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just realized, she isn't even a one-term Governor. She's a half-term Governor. How can that possibly be spun into a good thing?

She cares SO MUCH for America, that she - heart-wrenchingly - gave up being governor of just 1 state so she could be governor of ALL states!

It must still really chafe Mitt Romney's magic undies that McCain considered Palin to be the better and more qualified choice to be the VP candidate. I simply can not comprehend how insulting that must have been.

DoctorArch on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    So wait, if she resigns, who takes over in Alaska? And will it become a better place?

Lt. Governor Parnell.

I can't imagine how it could become worse.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh my god watching this its like all this hate that I had let go of for so long is rising again.

I desipise this woman.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well it's nice to see how seriously she takes her responsibilities.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited July 2009

It must still really chafe Mitt Romney's magic undies that McCain considered Palin to be the better and more qualified choice to be the VP candidate. I simply can not comprehend how insulting that must have been.

Also, too.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Lt. Governor Parnell.

I can't imagine how it could become worse.

He tried and almost took out Rep. Don Young (R-Corruption) last year. So that's an early good sign.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    SHE JUST MADE SOME SORT OF COMMENT ABOUT HOW SHE HATES QUITTERS.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

mxmarks on
This discussion has been closed.