As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] NEStalgia -- GAME OVER

18910111214»

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm gonna put this alongside the blink phalla as a 'pulled the village back from the brink of loss' victory.

you can't even imagine how surprised I was to be alive after I did that roll call.... I thought someone was trying to mess with me or frame me as evil.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    also, I want a list of what these would have done....

Pea Soup -- Drenches the playing field in a deep fog. Powers have a 33% chance of failing that day.
    Liver -- Bus Driver.
    Ketchup -- Would have masoned you with The Blob.
    Vanilla -- Turns the Blob into an umbrella. (Guard)
    Wine -- Turns the Blob into a sign. Could have placed a single paragraph in the narration.
    Marrow -- Turns the Blob into Cupid's Arrow. He could have targeted two players and death-linked them, basically.
    Cinnamon -- Turns the Blob into a blowtorch. Vig power.
    Cola -- Turns the Blob into a giant bubble. He could have role-blocked one player.
    Goat Cheese -- Vote Cheat. (Get it?) His vote would have counted double for the rest of the game.
    Cantaloupe -- Turns the Blob into a telescope. He could have observed one player and determined whether anyone targeted that player on that night.
    Molasses -- Turns the Blob into glasses. Seer.
    Pork -- Turns the Blob into a porcupine. If anyone had killed him that night, they would have died as well.
    Apple -- Turns the Blob into a jack. He can jack up one player's power, making it unblockable that night.
    Sassafras -- Turns the Blob into a magnifying glass. He can examine three different flavors of bean, and determine their effects.

cause those are all the jelly beans I had....

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh and Wildcat, it really was nothing personal. sorry you were offended.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I figured with the restriction I had, I could really only do it once before people figured out I was trying to trap them.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Something I realized yesterday, Seriously, is that a few of the usernames had animals in them:

simonwolf
    KingMole
    WilDPanthA05
    Wildcat
    TehSloth

So if you could get discussion swirling around any of these players, you would have it made.

EDIT: Which, given that 3 of the 5 are mafia, and a 4th was the SK....yeah. :P

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    I figured with the restriction I had, I could really only do it once before people figured out I was trying to trap them.

why do you think I was trying to get Donkey kong after I believed you. (btw, it was ur jesus comment that did it)

there are so many ways to weasel animals into a sentance

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Here I was restricting myself unnecessarily.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I was honestly expecting to lose every day for the past 3 days....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I didn't really have a network going. People I seered kept dying. Also, I've found out that taking naps while participating in Phalla isn't the best idea.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    if you guys want to open up the mafia proboards, I would love to see them....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    if you guys want to open up the mafia proboards, I would love to see them....

Table for one at the Inactivus buffet please.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    wow, 5 mafia and an SK... each mafia having their own ability and being withing 1 day of winning by day 3?

I'm not even sure how....

I mean....

I am really flabberghasted at how you lost....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    dunedainjedidunedainjedi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    wow, 5 mafia and an SK... each mafia having their own ability and being withing 1 day of winning by day 3?

I'm not even sure how....

I mean....

I am really flabberghasted at how you lost....

We didn't kill day one. The double vote sort of fucked us over too.

dunedainjedi on
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, good guys win... unexpected, but I like it. Good job dunadan. And thanks for hosting GtC, I had fun even though I never got to use my power.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I really thought I could push it through to get someone else on the dk kill, trying to play a bit of sympathy, didn't work so much. I was hoping there'd be more debate about whether or not to off kingmole.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh and Wildcat, it really was nothing personal. sorry you were offended.
    RAGE

Nah, it's OK Dunadan. I was more frustrated that you had caught onto me as a mafia for reasons that weren't entirely correct, but still accurate :P (I think you said I was the only one to claim a one-shot power, when in fact I actually did have one!).

Besides, I voted for you in Whedonverse yesterday and that made me feel better. :winky:

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So Dunadan, could you explain why you suggested that someone whose role and ability didn't clash with anyone else and who had also been previously seered, was evil?

Because really.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's Dunadan. :P

Thanks for hosting, Gandalf.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sloth, I could've helped you win if you had stopped role blocking me.

My two kills the nights you were roleblocking me were SkyCaptain and Dunadan019.

I was going after village targets first because I figured there was more of them to worry about.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OK, a couple of notes:

1. SpectralSpork -- What part of "geared against public reveals" didn't make sense to you? :P

2. Mafia -- Didn't send in any kills for Day 1. And as we can see, it bit them in the ass.

3. Erich Zahn -- First off, let me say how hilarious I found it that Dunadan and EZ were paired by the RNG. Apparently I have a grudge coming my way for this.

But what I really wanted to say about EZ: As The Blob, he was granted a one-shot guard power when Dunadan fed him a Vanilla jellybean. And he never sent in the order. That's the night he died. The Village would have had a whole host of fun powers available to them if he had survived, but because he couldn't even be arsed to do the selfish thing, you guys lost what could have been a seer, guard, vig, mason, role-blocker....pretty much anything.

To be fair I was likely to be voted out/killed anyways. I've been dying day one alot recently.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OK, a couple of notes:

1. SpectralSpork -- What part of "geared against public reveals" didn't make sense to you? :P

2. Mafia -- Didn't send in any kills for Day 1. And as we can see, it bit them in the ass.

3. Erich Zahn -- First off, let me say how hilarious I found it that Dunadan and EZ were paired by the RNG. Apparently I have a grudge coming my way for this.

But what I really wanted to say about EZ: As The Blob, he was granted a one-shot guard power when Dunadan fed him a Vanilla jellybean. And he never sent in the order. That's the night he died. The Village would have had a whole host of fun powers available to them if he had survived, but because he couldn't even be arsed to do the selfish thing, you guys lost what could have been a seer, guard, vig, mason, role-blocker....pretty much anything.

To be fair I was likely to be voted out/killed anyways. I've been dying day one alot recently.

Yeah, I feel a little bad actually, after day 1ing you in green rolling hills I was like, damn, gotta go and make yourself a good target for a mafia kill and a role-block :P.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    TehSloth wrote: »
    OK, a couple of notes:

Yeah, I feel a little bad actually, after day 1ing you in green rolling hills I was like, damn, gotta go and make yourself a good target for a mafia kill and a role-block :P.

You could have let me live. Or at least have let me have revenge for that Touhou phalla. Meanie.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    So Dunadan, could you explain why you suggested that someone whose role and ability didn't clash with anyone else and who had also been previously seered, was evil?

Because really.

well, it had alot to do with zandracon who when I forwarded him your message took a day to reply simply with "sure". so i had someone who claimed to be seered talking to someone that hadn't talked to me at all but had claimed to be the seer.

I'm so glad that the mafia killed you that day so that I wouldn't have to keep pushing.

btw, most of that vote switching was to gage reactions. sorry you were all frustrated by it.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, the individual powers for the Mafia, plus the SK, may seem like overkill. But when you consider what the village (theoretically) had at its disposal, it really wasn't.

Especially now that we see the result.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also, if you enjoyed this one and have ideas for SNEStalgia, feel free to PM them to me. Right now, I'm thinking the core mechanic of SNEStalgia will be a dungeon-crawling aspect, with a modular map, each section getting added on at a place and time determined by the players, each section based on a different game.

Just food for thought.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also, if you enjoyed this one and have ideas for SNEStalgia, feel free to PM them to me. Right now, I'm thinking the core mechanic of SNEStalgia will be a dungeon-crawling aspect, with a modular map, each section getting added on at a place and time determined by the players, each section based on a different game.

Just food for thought.

Needs more Sonic Blast Man! That was SNES I think.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Just food for thought.

Needs more Sonic Blast Man! That was SNES I think.

I accidentally read that as "Needs more Sonic Blast, Man!" and was about to go on a tirade about how that would never have been on the SNES, before I realised.

I need to stop putting commas in other peoples mouths.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Fatal3RR0RFatal3RR0R Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Damn it. I missed everything because of my stupid Internet. :(

I didn't even get to do the big gay dance before I died.

Fatal3RR0R on
    peachip4sig.png
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Goddamnit. The night I died I had a guard and used it on Seriously instead of myself since I thought he'd be a target and believed his PMs. And then I get, what appears to be completely randomly, killed.

Suck.

I was looking forward to the rotating power list of the party from Final Fantasy. I assumed the Black Mage was a vig? That would have been really damn useful.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yes, Black Mage was a vig.

White Mage = Guard
    Fighter = Role-Block
    Thief = Seer
    Red Mage = Bus Driver
    Black Belt = If someone kills you that night, they die. What's that called? Retaliatory vig?

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg