As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Dawn of War II: The Balancing

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Goomba wrote: »
    Okay, so we finally got our schedules to coincide, and we have done the shoutcast for this right here. The mp3 file can be found here. Klyka has hinted that he may be adapting it to a videocast later too, for your viewing pleasure.

One minor caveat is that after the climax (late in the game), Skype automatically turned down our mics because we were all like, "hey, that was awesome!" and so you'll need your gamesound low if you want to hear us for the next ten or twenty seconds.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »
    Akira wrote: »
    Yes I'm sure it prepared you very well for spamming Banshees and attack-moving.
    Oh, silly Akira! Your experience with Tac Marines is not the same experience we all have with the game! We have to actually play it properly.

^^Banshee Spammer^^
    ^^Tac Spammer^^

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, silly Akira! Your experience with Tac Marines is not the same experience we all have with the game! We have to actually play it properly.

^^Banshee Spammer^^
    ^^Tac Spammer^^

^^Levitation Field Spammer ^^

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    McAllenMcAllen Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Seriously, lets match this with win ratio e-peens.

Who has beaten his opponent more often is clearly better.

McAllen on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heh

I don't limit myself to any one spam.

I spam units equally. I am the best spammer.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I didn't realize how badly I played in that match until I watched the shoutcast.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    CanisAquilusCanisAquilus Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I generally built one of each unit in varying orders. I am the proest.

Edit: Yes goomba always picks the replays where he is the best. (Shocking really.)

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

^^Banshee Spammer^^
    ^^Tac Spammer^^

^^Time Field Spammer ^^
    The best of all spams.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So I watched the shoutcast you guys did on our game, it was really good overall.

Thanks.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I didn't realize how badly I played in that match until I watched the shoutcast.

You were blinded by the paint scheme on your marines.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Or possibly by the colour scheme of Mavorus or whatever his name was. BRIGHT SHINY TAC SPAM.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I CAN'T CHANGE IT

and it rules anyway you rubes.

Also yeah it was a really good shoutcast overall.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Klyka's little song at the beginning shocked and surprised me :l

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Edit: Yes goomba always picks the replays where he is the best. (Shocking really.)
    It's hard not to when 90% of them are me destroying you guys because Akira day dreams the first thirty seconds of the game before telling his guys to take a point.

Also you guys missed my farseer running away with about 40 health and not dying because I used time field. Twice. :( Other than that it was great also the farseer and me go way back so fuck off. >: (

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

It's hard not to when 90% of them are me destroying you guys because Akira day dreams the first thirty seconds of the game before telling his guys to take a point.

Also you guys missed my farseer running away with about 40 health and not dying because I used time field. Twice. :( Other than that it was great also the farseer and me go way back so fuck off. >: (

I caught those two moments in the video. Encoding it now,uploading it later.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yesssssssssssssss.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I spend 90% of the match zoomed in admiring my FC's cloak.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe you people still play this.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe you still post in this thread.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    I'm telling you, it's almost fun now.

That or crushing TS 10 guys and then bragging endlessly about it is fun.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

I can't believe you are still complaing every month about us still playing this

Enosh20 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe two people in a row complained about complaining THIS IS 1.3 ALL OVER AGAIN :|

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe two people in a row complained about complaining THIS IS 1.3 ALL OVER AGAIN :|

if it would be 1.3 again you would be whining about banshees instead of complaining about people complaing

Enosh20 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Enosh20 wrote: »

if it would be 1.3 again you would be whining about banshees instead of complaining about people complaing
    I never complained about people complaining. People complained about my complaining and I stated it was stupid.

Also banshees die to orks too much.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone going to get on tonight or are you all just going to bitch about bitching?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    gigEsmallsgigEsmalls __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009

Come back and play, it's great!

gigEsmalls on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    I started using ranged infantry and this game has become a lot more fun, I try and use cover and all the map to my advantage instead of just running in.

Farseer and Guardians are my favorite so far.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    How come I dont see Zoanthropes anymore. Ever. Have they been changed in the latest patch to be shit?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    How come I dont see Zoanthropes anymore. Ever. Have they been changed in the latest patch to be shit?
    Because they aren't mobile super long range anti-everything units and if it's not anti-everything, it's not tyranid.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ok so AG Gaunts are completely disgusting, if you use them kill yourself.

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    And thus ends our win streak. :(

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    EstiloEstilo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Is dowcodex up to date on shoota stats? They seem to put out a surprising amount of damage, and I believe they counter both guardians and banshees when upgraded :l

Estilo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So hey, the hive tyrants t1 armour is retarded.

20 seconds of invulnerability on an 80 second cooldown, (eg: guardian's grenade cooldown.) On top of this absurd ability it gives the tyrant an additional 300 health.

The whole methodology behind fighting tyranids is you prioritize the synapse creatures, and then leverage on the synapse knockback to gain a tactical advantage. If you end up fighting the basic creatures of the swarm, the synapse makes that not cost effective, doubly so because gaunts reinforce for free with the tyrant.

Except with that wargear, you have to fight the basic synapse creatures because theres no fucking way you'll bring down the tyrant. No way in hell, because he has the health of a tank, and if it looks dodgy and you manage to cut through a lot of his health hes got twenty seconds of invulnerability.

CanisAquilus on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Ok so AG Gaunts are completely disgusting, if you use them kill yourself.
    They counter a falcon.

No, I'm not joking.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dr.TongueDr.Tongue Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

20 seconds of invulnerability on an 80 second cooldown, (eg: guardian's grenade cooldown.) On top of this absurd ability it gives the tyrant an additional 300 health.

The whole methodology behind fighting tyranids is you prioritize the synapse creatures, and then leverage on the synapse knockback to gain a tactical advantage. If you end up fighting the basic creatures of the swarm, the synapse makes that not cost effective, doubly so because gaunts reinforce for free with the tyrant.

Except with that wargear, you have to fight the basic synapse creatures because theres no fucking way you'll bring down the tyrant. No way in hell, because he has the health of a tank, and if it looks dodgy and you manage to cut through a lot of his health hes got twenty seconds of invulnerability.

The best part about this is that the HT has always been this way yet you had tyranid players complaining about how he was useless.

Dr.Tongue on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    He's damn slow though. Of course that makes no fucking difference but I thought there should be at least some balance. Oh the irony!

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Ok Viddler finally finished encoding the vidcast video.

Goombacast

I think we won't do this again, it takes ages for viddler to encode and the quality isn't all that amazing. And If I went with HD video,I would well go over the 500mb limit.

So back to the ol' shoutcast+ replay it is!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Pretty sure the warlock has armor that does the same thing, Canis. :|

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Goomba is awesome.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

Just a little correction but I'm pretty sure the T1 armor is the one with the charge that gets stopped by any useless doodad in his way. The invulnerability is at least T2 if not T3.

Also, the tyrant was ass because even a devastator could out run him, and you only got hurt by him if he had the venom cannon or you were too entrenched to evade him.

Oh, and the warlock's invincibility also lets him spam his abilities because it gives him very reduced cooldowns and huge energy regen. You know, like the one that cloaks all units around him, or any of the three AoEs he has.

Edit:
    Oh yea, another thing is the brood nest does not reinforce for free anymore, I just tested it to make sure.

Woggle on