As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

M2tM's Stuff

M2tMM2tM Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Artist's Corner
World Tree

This is a physical print. Methods used: Aquatint and Hard Ground.

I like how it came out. It's printed on rectangular paper which is quite vertical. I constantly wish I had a better scanner, the real thing is much more rich and subtle... And I had to photoshop out some nasty lines that happen to be scratches in the scannerbed. :/

WorldTree.jpg

Total time spent sketching the thing, tracing it twice (once to get it reversed, once to get it onto the plate) and then applying the messiest thing in the world (Ashvaultum... It looks how it sounds. Imagine really black really runny crap that doesn't like painting on much.) Everywhere I wanted white.

The Ashvaultum part took the most time... Then of course biting the plate. Bleh, printmaking takes forever.

9 hours.

I'll probably post some more prints before the week is up, I have several due. I'll post a couple other things I did this semester for the sake of filling up this post with something else:

puffydragon.jpg

raptorsmilesfin.jpg

"We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
M2tM on

• Options
    RazielRaziel Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Man, your stuff has come a long way since Jobo. I really should endeavour to visit this den of vitriol and murdered time more often.

The world tree strikes me as a little sterile and cliche. Everyone's done the yggdrasil thing.

I do, however, really like the muscle detail on the two fur-beasties. They are exquisite.

Raziel on
    Read the mad blog-rantings of a manic hack writer here.

Thank you, Rubacava!
  • Options
    SupernothingSupernothing Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Very cool print up at the top. I wish the crescent moon's halo effect was more gradual to the solid white. The darker branch like forms are the roots, correct?

Supernothing on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The black tree's branches are roots to the white tree just as the white tree's branches are roots to the black.

It's a bit cliche, like Yin and Yang or anything contrasting two sides. I wish it was in me to have done the moon better, but that ashvaultum is tough as fuck to paint gradual crescents with.

I was working within the medium though, aquatint is all about the deep deep blacks and so I wanted something to really bring that out.

Glad you like my beasties, and glad to see you still around here Raz ;)

I'm mostly at the gangbunch forums if you care to drop by sometime, along with quite a few others:
    http://www.teamspecialolympics.com/gangbunchfora

M2tM on
    "We can be richer than industry as long as we know that there are things that we don't really need." -Willy Mason
  • Options
    The FlameThe Flame Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I wish I can draw dragons period.

The Flame on
    Sorry, no Godzilla-sized sigs allowed.
  • Options
    Doctor PainDoctor Pain Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Flame wrote:
    I wish I could draw dragons, period.

Doctor Pain on
    I FUCKING HATE SIGNATURES.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    20061124.gif

Unless you are a paraplegic using text to speech to surf the internet and appreciate my artings, in which case I am deeply sorry.

M2tM on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I was sooo scared to click on this thread for fear of lizard sex.

Um, I like the 2nd one the most. Its got a a nice volume to it, very well defined for the most part. I think the head/neck area gets a little confuseing though.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    M2tM wrote:
    [img][/img]

Bowtie changed color in the 2nd frame.

:(

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I didn't make that comic Aumni, but it's awesome, don't question his magical bowtie.

And yes, lizard sex is a very real and understandable fear to have. I'm glad your curiosity got the best of you.

M2tM on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    New WIP

face.jpg

M2tM on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I like that just the way it is. Somehow I think that if you finish that piece, it won't be any better.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'll do a print of it exactly how it is now (I need to for my printmaking class anyway) and I'll probably finish it digitally as well.

M2tM on
  • Options
    StealthNachosStealthNachos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    MACK!

That is, currently, the best comic... thing I have ever seen. Also, your most recent post is, like, worlds better than the other ones. I really like it alot more. That first post of the dragon has some wierd pose going on with his head sort of, I don't know , twisting downward and up and the second one is just a bit awkward (honestly, I think they're having sex) but this new one is looking real good. I just wish it wasn't a perfect profile.

StealthNachos on
    I tend to ramble.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, It kind of limits what I can do with it as a profile. Means it can't be a really dynamic pic if I flesh it out :/

I've finished the neck, might leave it at that, the print looks awesome anyway.

I'll start another one at a better angle.

For the record and to repeat myself, I did not make that comic. But yes, it is the best ever.

M2tM on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    fire.jpg

It's a hand painted print. Through the press, then attacked with watercolour, markers and pencil crayons.

M2tM on