As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

YEAH NEW COMICS WEEDLEY WEEDLEY WEEEEEEEEEEE

13»

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    The Guardians also made Kyle their top agent, which also gives him mad cred on rep. Dawg.

Hensler on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Guy is #1 in the Honor Guard

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:

Torch Bearer > Honor Guard

Guy has to ask permission just to take a vacation and gets grounded all the time. Kyle does whatever the fuck he wants.

Hensler on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I remember when Rebirth was just coming out, Johns was interviewed and talked about how Guy is the "Fist" of the Guardians. All I could think about was how much more appropriate it would have been for Hal to have that title.

Munch on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited December 2006
    yeah but if it was winick writing it would have been kyle

Whippy on
    edited December 2006
    do you see what I did there

Whippy on
    edited December 2006
    I'm saying judd winick is a terrible writer who uses everything he does as a soapbox for his own interests, story be damned

Whippy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Guy has to ask permission just to take a vacation and gets grounded all the time. Kyle does whatever the fuck he wants.

Guy has to ask for permission because he's so important to them and they need to know where he's at because he'll save the day

kyle doesn't ask because if they say no he'll just whine

Garlic Bread on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Hensler wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Guy has to ask for permission because he's so important to them and they need to know where he's at because he'll save the day

streeeeeeetch

Furu on
    edited December 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Hensler wrote:
    Keith wrote:

streeeeeeetch

stretcharmstrongfp9.jpg

Garlic Bread on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm saying judd winick is a terrible writer who uses everything he does as a soapbox for his own interests, story be damned

I'm just waiting for Captain Marvel Junior to get AIDS in his latest endeavour.

Squashua on
    edited December 2006
    the tenth trial of shazam

unprotected anal sex

Whippy on
    edited December 2006

unprotected anal sex

I wouldn't put it past him, probably with the chick from the cover of the last issue...

TOS_Cv4_solicit.jpg

I man, just look at her. She's got "I'm gonna HIV ya" written all over her pinched face. And skull means "poison".

"Art", blech.

Squashua on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Squashua wrote:

unprotected anal sex

I wouldn't put it past him, probably with the chick from the cover of the last issue...

TOS_Cv4_solicit.jpg

I man, just look at her. She's got "I'm gonna HIV ya" written all over her pinched face. And skull means "poison".

"Art", blech.

Don't read that issue Squasha. It's not a good jumping on point for the series, though it looks like it from the cover.

:winky:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Don't read that issue Squasha. It's not a good jumping on point for the series, though it looks like it from the cover.
    :winky:

Oh hey, was there something to that, I wonder?

Squashua on
    edited December 2006
    I think it was a Teen Titans joke.

Hensler on
    edited December 2006
    Hensler wrote:
    I think it was a Teen Titans joke.

Maybe? You think?

Squashua on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006

you know, i was going to come in here and defend winick, but then...

he goes and writes maybe the worst conversation i have ever read

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:

what the shit?

that is the worst thing I have read all year.

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2006
    well, you can't deny that dr light loves his rapes

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:
    well, you can't deny that dr light loves his rapes
    I seriously did not know they took the rape thing that far.

Holy fuck that is dumb.

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2006
    when they mindwiped dr light, they took away his favorite toy!

it's like kicking a puppy in the brain until it doesn't love rainbows anymore, except that instead of rainbows it's rapes and instead of a puppy it's a mincing supervillain with sub-monarch level facial hair

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited December 2006
    Yeah, see. People always think Munch is exagerrating. But no. I keep it real doggies. Seriously, you know how I can steer any comic discussion into a derail about Blue Beetle/the JLI/Superbuddies, or how Didio/Johns/Winick sucks? Dr. Light pretty much just does that with rape.

And Servo? When I read comics, the Monarch is seriously Dr. Light in my head. Just imagine him doing that thing where the Monarch kind of growls out a word in his shrill little voice, only this time he's like, "Ah, Susan. Suzy Q. Might you be up for some rrrrrrape!? As long as that dick Dr. Impossible-- errr, Elongated Man, doesn't show up."

Munch on
    edited December 2006
    Munch, one of these days we are going to storm the DC castle in an uprising of angry fans and restore order to the chaos of rape and dark "edgy" things.

Also, Justice League Antarctica is great.

Sars_Boy on
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    "Ah, Susan. Suzy Q. Might you be up for some rrrrrrape!? As long as that dick Dr. Impossible-- errr, Elongated Man, doesn't show up."

lollin on line over here

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I think it'd be funny if every word he said was rape.

Rape rape rape! Rape, rapety rape rape, rape. Rape rape rape ARROW rape rape rape Sue Dibny rapety rape rape Janet Jackson.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So I think the best thing to happen this week was in Ultimate X-Men when Bobby was like "Rogue is back in 'don't touch me mode,' so I don't have anyone to talk to."

Kirkman is pretty funny, he is.

deadonthestreet on
    edited December 2006
    Servo wrote:

A PARTY IN YOUR PANTS

Whippy on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Seriously, you know how I can steer any comic discussion into a derail about Blue Beetle/the JLI/Superbuddies, or how Didio/Johns/Winick sucks?

Yeah, and you're very good at it. Take a break. Leave the horse alone, get a new record. :D

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited December 2006
    But Bad Karma, it is my super power. Besides, I still have to bitch about Didio's latest Newsarama interview at some point. Things do not complain about themselves Karma!

Munch on
    edited December 2006
    Best response ever:

It's like Winick could only remember one detail about Dr Light, and he just ran with it.

Edit: Turns out J. Calafiore wrote that issue.

Squashua on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Squashua wrote:
    Best response ever:

It's like Winick could only remember one detail about Dr Light, and he just ran with it.

Edit:{/b] Turns out J. Calafiore wrote that issue.

Ha!! Take that, Winick haters!

Besides, everyone knows that issue was only used as a segue into Dr. Light's new persona, Dr. Rape...

I didn't spend seven years at rape school to be called Mr., thank you.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited December 2006
    Huh, I just pulled out my trade and you may be right. It's only got Winick's name on the front, but under the "writers" column, it's got Winick and Calafiore's name under it. But it doesn't specify who wrote what.

So a better question may be, who is J. Calafiore, why does he write so horribly, and who hired him to write so horribly in the middle of a bunch of Winick writing horribly?

Munch on
    edited December 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Huh, I just pulled out my trade and you may be right. It's only got Winick's name on the front, but under the "writers" column, it's got Winick and Calafiore's name under it. But it doesn't specify who wrote what.

So a better question may be, who is J. Calafiore, why does he write so horribly, and who hired him to write so horribly in the middle of a bunch of Winick writing horribly?

Well, that's the trick right there. It was so bad as to be indistinguishable and people would simply attribute it to Winick because it's 100% reminiscent of his style. How terrible is that?

Squashua on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So much winick hate... now I know how Masky feels when I rag on Black Panther..

I really don't think Winick is as bad as everyone says. The guy had one character get AIDS and the world comes to an end... I guess if Speedy had contacted the Legacy Virus, everything would be fine.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    So much winick hate... now I know how Masky feels when I rag on Black Panther..

I really don't think Winick is as bad as everyone says. The guy had one character get AIDS and the world comes to an end... I guess if Speedy had contacted the Legacy Virus, everything would be fine.

Heh, welcome to my world. :P

For serious, the only thing I've read by Winick is Trials of Shazam, which I like, so he's okay in my book. I doubt any of his other works would make me think otherwise either, since I don't have much interest invested in DC characters. Unless, of course, he's writing really, really retarded things.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee