As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 to Computer Connectivity

LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher KingThe AcademyRegistered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I used to connect my 360 to my computer and stream all manner of content and life was good. Last night I bought some new guts for my machine from a friend. I switched out the processor, motherboard, video card and RAM. I still have the old hard drives and such, so all the software is the same. I downloaded the drivers that I needed for my new hardware and everything works fine on the computer.

I turned on my 360 and it can't see my computer anymore. It sees my roomies computer fine (as it always has).

I went into WMP to make sure that everything was still kosher, and it is. It sees both my and my roomies xbox, and is allowing sharing. I made sure that his computer could see mine on the network and connect to it, and it can.

I have spent a lot of time on google trying to find an answer, but my problem seems a bit to specific and I can't figure it out.

I implore those more savvy to help me.

New hardware specs (that might matter)

ASUS V-Series Motherboard, for the t940 chipset.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
LoserForHireX on