Options

There's going to be a Viewmaster movie for some reason

2»

• Options
    Spacehog85Spacehog85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    ITT: PA D&D proves it can do the jobs of Hollywood execs better then they can.

I just popped a pimple on my ass, and the sound it made as it deflated was a better film concept than 90% of what comes out of Hollywood.

It deflated? A pimple doesn't deflate. A balloon deflates. A tire deflates. My fucking air mattress deflates. A pimple does not deflate!

Explode, pop, these are things that pimples do. What they do not do, in any circumstance is deflate.

See that, that's about a minute and a half of dialogue in the next, LOLZOMGTHISMOVIEISSOFUNNYLOLZDICKANDFARTJOKEWITHNOCONTEXT movie that will be shat into a can and shipped to theaters nation wide next summer. Most likely starring the Wayons brothers.

Spacehog85 on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You guys suck, as a Kid, Surf Ninja's was awesome. I mean cmon, it had the guy who played Keno in TMNT 2.

I personally welcome our new viewmaster overlords...

I remember this making me want to some how get it to fit in with TMNT cannon as a child.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »
    Evander wrote: »
    what was the name of that 90s kid-ninja movie, where one of the kids in the movie was always playing the gameboy game OF the movie, to figure out how to beat bad guys, whatever?

You just made my brain explode.

Thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdHGSXmOMqE

The difference was that in Spaceballs, it was a quick joke.

In Surf Ninjas, it drove the plot.

Evander on
  • Options
    ScalfinScalfin __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Great, now we might actually have robot chicken telling us that it told us so.

There are only thee ways this could be good: an artsy film of a story told be viewmaster, a movie version of Fatal Frame with the camera replaced by a viewmaster, or the viewmaster shows the main character something in the near future (or something) and slowly drives him insane.

Scalfin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The rest of you, I fucking hate you for the fact that I now have a blue dot on this god awful thread.
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hopefully it won't be directed by Uwe Boll. I'd hate to be subjected to actual viewmaster disc frames mixed in with the movie, outside of showing what a character is actually viewing through one.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wonder if they're going to do a 3D/IMAX version of it, since the Viewmaster is a stereoscopic display.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Scalfin wrote: »
    Great, now we might actually have robot chicken telling us that it told us so.

There are only thee ways this could be good: an artsy film of a story told be viewmaster, a movie version of Fatal Frame with the camera replaced by a viewmaster, or the viewmaster shows the main character something in the near future (or something) and slowly drives him insane.

How about whatever slide you manage to put into the viewmaster comes true. So if you show a slide of the beach, then you're at the beach, show a slide of ninjas, and suddenly you're kicking ass and so on. The hook would be similar to bruce almighty except that instead of immediately becoming all boring and miserable the people with the viewmaster would want to use the powers and would do all kinds of fun stuff.

Its an amusing action comedy romp, I guess the hook would be that everyone who knew about the viewmaster would want it, and it would tear this group of friends apart. In the end they would all realize that they could just share the power, and all would be well.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    MYTHOS20000MYTHOS20000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You guys suck, as a Kid, Surf Ninja's was awesome. I mean cmon, it had the guy who played Keno in TMNT 2.

I personally welcome our new viewmaster overlords...

Ok, off topic, but I am attempting to reach back on my TMNT knowledge without any googling...

For God knows why, I for some reason remember the actor's name to be Ernie Reyes Jr., and that he was actually the guy in the Donatello suit doing the fighting from the first TMNT.

Why do I still remember this?

MYTHOS20000 on
    Six men, six giant..... voices.
    Up 'til 2 Vocal Band
    www.uptil2music.com
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tomanta wrote: »
    From the people that brought you Battleship and Ouija...
    In a world...
    There was a boy...
    Who looked too deeply into things best left unseen...
    "Look at what I found in the attic!"
    "Cool, what is it!?"
    *blows off dust* "It says 'viewmaster'..."
    *random scary scenes*
    Viewmaster, coming July 4th, 2013. Thisfilmisnotyetrated.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/02/stretch-armstrong-movie-gets-april-2011-release-date/

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I could see Stretch Armstrong potentially being decent. There's an actual character there.

Likewise, there's a story arch with Candyland. There's a clear beginning middle and end.

Most of the rest of the stuff, there's simply no way to make a movie ABOUT it.

Evander on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My money says it will be like that one Are You Afraid of the Dark episode with the evil fucking gremlin living in the camera.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!