As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hey, [Chat], wish me luck!

• Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    moniker wrote:
    I'm from Chicago. (roughly) I've experienced Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall in one day let alone the actual seasons.

Indiana: If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes.

Britain: If you don't like the weather, you can piss off.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Hey red, do you islanders have any snow, yet?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So is the solipsism thread just one of metaphysical wankery?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    _J_ wrote:

Every state has this saying. It's like every congressional district having the nickname "The Fighting _____th"

Not California! If you don't like our weather, then there's something broken in you.

MrMister on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Coldred wrote:

Solipsism itself is metaphysical wankery, so I'm not sure what else you would expect.

MrMister on
  • Options
    DiscGraceDiscGrace Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Basic rule of thumb, red: when _J_ is posting heavily in a thread it is pretty well guaranteed to be metaphysical wankery.

DiscGrace on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    DiscGrace wrote:
    Basic rule of thumb, red: when _J_ is posting heavily in a thread it is pretty well guaranteed to be metaphysical wankery.
    True. And there's no snow here yet. If we going to get it, we'll probably get it during February.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Coldred wrote:

It's a discussion between philosophers and people who hate philosophy who are trying to reach a common ground of how to deal with philosophical topics.

Which itself boggles my mind.

If I went into a rap thread and said, "I HATE RAP, SHUT UP." I would be kicked out.

Yet when people enter into threads about philosophical topics and say, "STOP TALKING PHILOSOPHICALLY" they get a bandwagon to rally behind them.

I don't get it.

_J_ on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I´ll leave you now for my unrelenting search for frozen water.

Cya, lads and lassies.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Yet when people enter into threads about philosophical topics and say, "STOP TALKING PHILOSOPHICALLY" they get a bandwagon to rally behind them.

I would actually agree that there is a certain unpleasant knee-jerk response to any philisophical topic, but your jargon-to-speech ratio certainly isn't helping "the cause."

MrMister on
  • Options
    ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Coldred wrote:

It's a discussion between philosophers and people who hate philosophy who are trying to reach a common ground of how to deal with philosophical topics.

If I went into a rap thread and said, "I HATE RAP, SHUT UP." I would be kicked out.

I don't get it.

They don't like you.

Shinto on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    MrMister wrote:
    Shinto wrote:
    _J_ wrote:

Every state has this saying. It's like every congressional district having the nickname "The Fighting _____th"

Not California! If you don't like our weather, then there's something broken in you.
    My lame-bone?
    Edit: Whose marrow produces the body's supply of lame?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    MrMister wrote:
    _J_ wrote:

I would actually agree that there is a certain unpleasant knee-jerk response to any philisophical topic, but your jargon-to-speech ratio certainly isn't helping "the cause."

There is a problem with using jargon in a thread the purpose of which is to discuss a topic wherein that jargon is used?

That seems silly.

I'd like to see a cricket thread wherein no cricket jargon is used.

_J_ on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    MrMister wrote:
    Shinto wrote:
    _J_ wrote:

I can sort of understand people not liking the weather in, say, Sacramento, where it hits 110 frequently during the summer. I can also understand people not liking the weather in Monterey, where it's 68 degrees and overcast 300 days a year.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    It was just the other day
    I was bringin' home my pay
    When i met an' old friend i used to know
    Said, "Your mother is dead an' gone
    An' your sisters all gone wrong
    An' your daddy needs you home right away.''

Not a shirt on my back
    Not a penny on my name
    But I can't go home this a-way
    This a-way, lord, this a-way
    An' I can't go home this a-way.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    My lame-bone?

I guess if you hate blue skies and balmy weather then you should probably go huddle somewhere in the northeast. Or, alternately, if you want the air to be so wet you feel sweaty just standing around, then you could go to the South.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    I can sort of understand people not liking the weather in, say, Sacramento, where it hits 110 frequently during the summer. I can also understand people not liking the weather in Monterey, where it's 68 degrees and overcast 300 days a year.

It's true. I used to live in Ojai, and it would get that hot in the summer, though at least it was dry as a bone.

I hate hate hate humidity.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    MrMister wrote:
    My lame-bone?

I guess if you hate blue skies and balmy weather then you should probably go huddle somewhere in the northeast. Or, alternately, if you want the air to be so wet you feel sweaty just standing around, then you could go to the South.
    How 'bout if I just don't believe there's a master-race of weather, and enjoy some variety in life?

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    You would would you? I would make one, but England are currently sucking at cricket. And Low Key would say some mean things.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Coldred wrote:
    _J_ wrote:
    You would would you? I would make one, but England are currently sucking at cricket. And Low Key would say some mean things.

Ah.

Quick question. I understand that a Bowler bowls the ball. But what is it to "bowl" the ball?

_J_ on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    _J_ wrote:

Ah.

Quick question. I understand that a Bowler bowls the ball. But what is it to "bowl" the ball?
    I'll have large fries with coke, please.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    _J_ wrote:

Ah.

Think of it like softball, only lower/on the ground and the hitter can't take a strike. Not a perfect analogy, but somewhat close.

Or just assume everybody is a slime and learn CricketSlime.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    How 'bout if I just don't believe there's a master-race of weather, and enjoy some variety in life?

Obviously I'm being totally serious here. There is one weather to rule them all.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    No, Potter. It's "I'll have a large fry and a Coke." Americans don't know grammar and syntax or what a plural is. Jeeze.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    MrMister wrote:

Obviously I'm being totally serious here. There is one weather to rule them all.
    Obviously I'm seriously Godwinning a weather discussion.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I don't even know what to think anymore.

It's all just so difficult.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    No, Potter. It's "I'll have a large fry and a Coke." Americans don't know grammar and syntax or what a plural is. Jeeze.
    But wouldn't you end up with one massive giant chip? And sorry, that was a bit mean _J_.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Everyone complains about the weather but no one ever does anything about it.

Shinto on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    MrMister wrote:
    I don't even know what to think anymore.

It's all just so difficult.
    All I'm saying is that chocolate just isn't enough for me. And that hell, just vanilla isn't enough for me.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    Lazy tossers. Is it really that difficult to invent a weather machine?

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:

I'm throwing all my plastic bags in a pile and burning them. I'm sure if everybody did the same, we could make an impact.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Coldred wrote:
    But wouldn't you end up with one massive giant chip? And sorry, that was a bit mean _J_.

What do chips have to do with a fry?

You outlandish foreigners.

Shinto on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Coldred wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

Yes. The ice-cream truck driver union has had the patent for decades, and they aren't sharing.

moniker on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    _J_ wrote:
    Coldred wrote:

I don't get it.

It's because discussions of solipcism are inappropriate outside of discussions of solipcism. The fact that someone says the words "religion" or "philosophy" does not give you free rein to derail whatever discussion they were having before.

Seriously, man. That and the pedantic redefinition thing is why you get such a poor reception around here.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:
    Coldred wrote:

What do chips have to do with a fry?

You outlandish foreigners.
    Bloody cheek. Silly yank wankers.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:

Speak for yourself. My weather machine is just about complete, and then I shall launch my plan for world conquest.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited December 2006
    moniker wrote:
    Coldred wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

Yes. The ice-cream truck driver union has had the patent for decades, and they aren't sharing.

I'm pretty sure Cornell has a weather machine as well.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Shinto wrote:

Speak for yourself. My weather machine is just about complete, and then I shall launch my plan for world conquest.
    Feel my light drizzle Texas!

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    The ice cream truck drivers union will be displeased to hear this.

They know how to deal with their enemies.

Shinto on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    Shinto wrote:

Some guys I grew up with spent some time doing this.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.