As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shadow Complex: The last liberal is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace. (new OP)

1454647484951»

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yea, I have infinite foam now.

How would that have helped?

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You get infinite foam when you reach level...25 or 30, maybe? And then infinite grenades and infinite missiles after even more leveling up.

Hedgethorn on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Yea, I have infinite foam now.

How would that have helped?

Figured you could use it to foam your way out of the hole.

Sheep on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I'm at level 31 right now. Woo!

The problem with the foam trick is that by allowing me to phase through the wall and trapping me, I couldn't foam out either since the stairway catwalk was above me, closing me in this box, where the only place I could go was back inside where the rubble blocked me from the elevator.

It was pretty crazy.

But it's ok now, I played through again, and got my 100%. Heck I would have needed to do that anyway to get my lvl 50 achievement.

Thanks for trying to help me through it though Sheep, I appreciate it.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2010
    NP

I hate getting stuck like that too. Usually I quit playing entire games. Shadow Complex was good enough to warrant multiple play throughs by me as well. Glad you got through it!

Sheep on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ok. So here I am begging for help because I want 100% of the items.
    I'm stuck at 98%.
    I need one stupid pass key so I can get the helmet, but I can't seem to get to it.
    If you go to the map here http://www.achievementhunter.com/games/shadowcomplex/guide/
    and scroll to the far right, I need the second key pass from the top, labeled key pass #8.
    Unfortunately, I can't seem to get there from the underground, because there's just no way that I can see to get to that whole section. And if I go above ground, I start the end battle thingy.
    Is there any way for me to get there?

L Ron Howard on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Did you watch the video that's attached to that key?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited January 2011
    What he does in the video is irrelevant. I can't get there. I'm stuck on the left 2/3, and just can't get over there. At least that I know of.
    If I go up top, I trigger the end.
    If I go through the bottom, there's a rock wall in the way that I don't know how I got past in the first place.
    Here's a quick edit with bright freaking yellow lines to show you what I mean.
    2q39p39.jpg

Is there something I'm missing, or am I just fucked and have to redo it, hopefully come back after I've gotten everything, but before I've made it far enough to trigger the end?

L Ron Howard on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's definitely possible to get back to the right side of the map from the underground path, so keep on looking. I'd be more helpful, but it's been over a year since I last played.

Arteen on
    edited January 2011
    Would anyone know how to get through to the right side from the underground path?

L Ron Howard on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yo, this is free on PC until December 31st

http://www.shadowcomplex.com

The downloader is getting SLAMMED right now.

Wraith260The DeliveratorklemmingKristmas KthulhuZilla360VoodooV
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Yo, this is free on PC until December 31st

http://www.shadowcomplex.com

The downloader is getting SLAMMED right now.

i wish i could give this all the reactions cause the awesome button just isn't enough.

also, spoilering my related post from the Xbox Live thread
    would just like to take a moment to say that

SHADOW COMPLEX REMASTERED was announced at tonight's Video Game Awards, coming to PC, Xbone and PS4 early next year.

it is also available to download FOR FREE right now and till the end of the month at shadowcomplex.com.

also, i will repeat, as i stated in the VGA thread that Orson Scott Card did not create the IP and gets no money from the sales of the game, so any moral objection to his involvement with the franchise* is moot.

please, go buy and play this game so that we can finally get the sequel we were promised and hopefully more MetroidVanias in general.

*i say franchise because part of his involvement was licensing the IP so that he could write books in the game s universe. his other contribution was that he helped with world building, for which he was paid in full, he get no residuals or royalties.

AxenMorkathZilla360
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Ah snap! Is it time to defend 'Murica from Liberals again?

Seriously though, the game was great and everyone should get it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    I just read on the new SC forums that this isn't a limited play thing; once you grab it, you can play forever. Make sure to get it while you can!

Zilla360
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Can you delete the loader thing after getting the game? Or do you always have to sign in and launch it from that?

uyvfOQy.png
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Nice of them to hand this out for free. Sadly they did not fix the aiming issue with things in the background, it is just as terrible as it always was.

Still a ton of fun to flying kick everyone you run into though.

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I downloaded the launcher... Now how do I get the game?

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Switch to the tab for shadow complex and hit install?

Launcher can be bugged. If you don't have a "Shadow Complex" tab, try quitting out and reloading.

Zilla360Kristmas Kthulhu
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Launcher can be bugged. If you don't have a "Shadow Complex" tab, try quitting out and reloading.
    Yup, tab is missing for me too, reloading doesn't fix it.

NH844lc.png | PSN | GACSALB.jpg My Blog |🏳️‍⚧️♥️
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Turns out when you release a really good game for free to a platform that didn't have access to it previously the download for it gets hammered.

Technical issues aside, i'm glad that so many people are getting to play it, either again or for the first time. I played enough last night to get to the secret ending joke ending, and man I still love that that exists.

Wraith260
    I played through this again; it's still a fantastic game, and I say that having recently played both Axiom Verge and Ori and the Blind Forest.

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so Shadow Complex Remastered is now available on Xbox One. go buy it!

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    From Epic Games' email announcement, "Shadow Complex Remastered features all the content from the original game, graphical enhancements, all-new dynamic melee take-downs, new hidden items, and additional Achievements and Master Challenges."

Grove
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    From Epic Games' email announcement, "Shadow Complex Remastered features all the content from the original game, graphical enhancements, all-new dynamic melee take-downs, new hidden items, and additional Achievements and Master Challenges."

Nice! I'll finally own two games for my Xbox one! And they're both from previous gens!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • MadPenMadPen San DiegoRegistered User regular

More importantly, it's coming to Steam and PS4 in May. I finally get to play it! Only took the better part of a decade.

3DS: 4098-4243-6127
    If I didn't already have the free version from the Epic downloader, I'd totally grab that on Steam.

RoyceSraphimFencingsax
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Grove wrote: »

Nice! I'll finally own two games for my Xbox one! And they're both from previous gens!

Dude, buy Gold. 4 free games a month, every month.