As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat] Bowl!

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yes it exists in that it was created by the first shape and treated as an existence by the first.

j you are remarkably good at this

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Imagine yourself as a shape. Now imagine another shape. Now imagine that the other shape thinks this about you:

http://circleversussquare.com/ ?

Incenjucar on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ask DUE about good great lake states beers

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Did Imageshack get hacked?

I have no idea. Didn't take the time to read the page-long image since I wanted to get it out of my sig ASAP.

Now if anyone knows how to export a Zune playlist to a PC I will love them forever.

When I click on the link you created I get directed to a page to ad Obs to my friends list.

Why are you trying to make me add Obs to my friends list?

SQUIRREL! on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    Did imageshack get hacked?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Either Imageshack was hacked or they are sponsoring some kind of movement that criticizes the disclosure of security exploits to the public. Either way some dicks are responsible for this.

Sarksus on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure the only thing that brings philosophers together is alcohol. Philosophers loooooves them some wine and beer. Every philosophical department thing I've ever gone to has proceeded like this

1) Everyone meets and greets and talks to the people they haven't talked to all term
    2) Everyone aligns with their respective philosophical sides.
    3) Ok, great, lets take a break. There's wine and beer in the back.
    4) Everyone has a great time and laughs a lot and then when the talks resume everyone ends up agreeing "Yeah there seems to be a lot of good ideas here."

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited July 2009
    I have a pack of Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre I need to break into for desert some time.

I worked this beer festival in Atlanta one year that was fucking amazing, minus the part where I had to clean out the spit tanks.

SQUIRREL! on
    edited July 2009
    Also there is the Chronicles of A but their main page has a Virus hacked onto it. :(

But it is kind of a trippy geometric webcomic.

Incenjucar on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elki wrote: »

Quit copying me!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited July 2009
    oh man, Raison D'Etre is fucking amazing. The beet sugars in that are so good, and it really does taste raisony, but in a good way.

It will also get you pretty drunk.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »

I have no idea. Didn't take the time to read the page-long image since I wanted to get it out of my sig ASAP.

Now if anyone knows how to export a Zune playlist to a PC I will love them forever.

When I click on the link you created I get directed to a page to ad Obs to my friends list.

It's the ignore list.

The IS thing:
    demosig.jpg

TL DR on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Speaking of burs, I had some of this when in Colorado last week and it was very tasty:

llab_small.gif

Nocturne on
    edited July 2009
    Podly wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the only thing that brings philosophers together is alcohol. Philosophers loooooves them some wine and beer. Every philosophical department thing I've ever gone to has proceeded like this

1) Everyone meets and greets and talks to the people they haven't talked to all term
    4) Everyone has a great time and laughs a lot and then when the talks resume everyone ends up agreeing "Yeah there seems to be a lot of good ideas here."

This is also how English departments work, except they don't split off.

And holy fuck are they loud.

Incenjucar on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2009
    Elki wrote: »

Quit copying me!

Haha, I just saw that.

At any rate, it's making modding a pain in the ass.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Also there is the Chronicles of A but their main page has a Virus hacked onto it. :(

WTF is going on, internets?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone want to explain what this Imageshack memorandum means?
    What is a security industry full disclosure, a script kiddie, a whitehat, and all this stuff?
    I am confused.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
    edited July 2009
    I know that whitehats are hackers that work for The Man.

SQUIRREL! on
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »

WTF is going on, internets?

It's an ancient webcomic, like, concluded-level ancient, which I read much of years and years ago.

It's about -squares- and such. If you have a virus blocker ready I suggest checking it out for anyone who is into that sort of thing.

The virus is unrelated to the hacking though.

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2009

Being an English major as well, I can attest that this is not true. English professors -- or at least english profs at Fordham, Columbia, the New School, and NYU -- tend to me either creepy and altogether unpleasant or vain, narcissistic assholes. Alcohol, at the english lit stuff I've attended, brings out the creepy side in people. At philosophy department stuffs, it brings out the nice side of people.

Again, that might just be in NYC. But I doubt it.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited July 2009
    Very interesting, though.

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »

It's the ignore list.

The IS thing:
    demosig.jpg

Ok so the sig image isn't loading at all now, I'm thinking there was hackery involved. Anyone know how to retrieve the cached image or have a copy/transcript of the rant?

TL DR on
    edited July 2009
    amelie4.gif

edited July 2009
    what hackery? Imageshack looks fine to me...

FCC why did you post an empty spoiler?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009
    That elldren. Post 1384.

edited July 2009

In Fresno they all gather into a room with a few milk crates full of wine, get drunk, and talk loud enough that it was causing me physical pain from the volume.

Incenjucar on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Being an English major as well, I can attest that this is not true. English professors -- or at least english profs at Fordham, Columbia, the New School, and NYU -- tend to me either creepy and altogether unpleasant or vain, narcissistic assholes. Alcohol, at the english lit stuff I've attended, brings out the creepy side in people. At philosophy department stuffs, it brings out the nice side of people.

Psychology professors are, for the most part, extremely careful with their speech.

I am not so careful but there is a professor at my uni who is also not so careful. Disputes are resolved after they occur.

I get along with him swimmingly we basically discuss complicatd metaphysical concepts in terms of useful analogies.

For example he tried to explain a matrix of correlations where every point on the matrix was correlated against every other point.

And I was like "LIke the Force!" and he was like "Yes yes like the Force!"

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
    edited July 2009
    That elldren. Post 1384.

So it's an image? Does anyone have a transcript?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009
    It's a black hat thing.

White hats should know better, the only people who benefit from obfuscation are those that actively use the exploits.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009
    Man, my psychology department meetings sucked so much. It was basically group counselling for the more insecure students among us.

But the psychology department consisted of two full-time profs and five or six students. Fucking dry campus, I couldn't even bring beer for them to cry in.

SQUIRREL! on
    edited July 2009
    wow

in this university the psychology departmen tis directly across the road from manning bar

on one side of the road is SCIENCE! and then they nick off to the other side for a beer.

also there are like at least twenty offices of lecturers plus a couple of floors of post grads, research assistants, research rooms and honor students

mind you usyd is a research university

Morninglord on
    edited July 2009
    Vendors and security companies also save face from lack of disclosure, the public certainly does not benefit from obfuscation. It's security 101 here.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009
    I think the only thing for me to do tonight is to go to Gameworks for an hour after all the children are kicked out.

It's too warm to go clubbing.

Incenjucar on
    edited July 2009
    Is this the big one?
    The great netterwar?

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Elldren wrote: »
    Vendors and security companies also save face from lack of disclosure, the public certainly does not benefit from obfuscation. It's security 101 here.

So, when did that image pop up?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    edited July 2009
    Just now, apparently?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited July 2009
    I'm still drinking and raving about the brooklyn local no. 1. I have to get a couple of these and save them for music editing/paper editing/greek translating etc.

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Guiness obtained.

_J_ on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What are you talking about?

Edit: Hedgie/Elldren

Nocturne on
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    yes it exists in that it was created by the first shape and treated as an existence by the first.

j you are remarkably good at this

Are all shapes which are not the first shape created by that first shape? Or can there be the first shape and other shapes which are not created by that first shape?

_J_ on
This discussion has been closed.