Options

[GAME ON] Jump Ultimate Stars

• Options
    K7 AvengerK7 Avenger __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    I've heard nothing but completely awesome things about this game. Can anyone tell me if it's as good or better than Smash Bros.? 8)

K7 Avenger on
    Irish+Assasin+J.png
  • Options
    opticaloptical Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm going to take a break and get some food, sorry I didn't provide you much of a challenge, but I shall train hard and beat you! (anime cliche #47)

optical on
    optical.png
  • Options
    mikecantypemikecantype Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Good fun ... yeah I understand it isn't that much fun when you keep getting beaten, trust me playing randoms online can get quite irratating facing the same 8 koma characters again and again, but yes in time, we shall play again!

I'm still around for some GAME ON fun so give me a buzz.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    StriderEdgeStriderEdge Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ok im on now. Just trying to figure out this crazy language.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I've got the game room up.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Wifi has been acting up for me all day. I've been able to get into random matches, but it drops me after the first match with any group of people. Sorry for earlier, hopefully it works properly next time.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well it's game off for me for today.

Good fun StriderEdge.

Hope your wifi woes work out Thoughtless Muse so we can once more game on.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Yea. I'm done. That was the most laggy game of anything I have ever played. I was only able to hit my Kurama/Don Patch Combo once and my Kinkkuman deck was unable to ever hit all 3 parts of its combo. My best strategy was spamming 5 koma Don Patch specials. Good games though... that damn BoBo-Bo Koala combo was just mean though.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think it's because I reside over in Australia but strangely I felt no lag, hmm next time we game on you host.

Yeah I love my koala, it's absolutely evil.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I think it's because I reside over in Australia but strangely I felt no lag, hmm next time we game on you host.

Yeah I love my koala, it's absolutely evil.

Yea, if you didn't see what I was going for with Kinkkuman... Seiya 3 panel, Up+B, Up+X. It does a crazy amount of damage but I was only able to hit the Up+b twice. The game ran at under half speed the entire time and would occasionaly lock my movement... I'd like to try again sometime though... hopefully with more people.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    opticaloptical Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    So what are some solid characters/combos you guys recommend, so far I have just been playing around with characters from manga/anime that I know (which limits me to one piece and bleach). Also, is there any like deck theory for non-battle characters, like certain types of helpers that are pretty much a must? Lastly, who is that support character that looks like a guy in a white coat with a giant duck swinging a sign and throw flaming balls behind him. I saw mike use him and the computer has him in its deck sometimes and its probably the most annoying support character IMO.

optical on
    optical.png
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    On that note, is there a way to make Light useful? I am determined to use him in my fights but it's just too easy for someone to defend against the apples. Since Light is such a bastard, I must use him and the apples of doom.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    optical wrote:
    So what are some solid characters/combos you guys recommend, so far I have just been playing around with characters from manga/anime that I know (which limits me to one piece and bleach). Also, is there any like deck theory for non-battle characters, like certain types of helpers that are pretty much a must? Lastly, who is that support character that looks like a guy in a white coat with a giant duck swinging a sign and throw flaming balls behind him. I saw mike use him and the computer has him in its deck sometimes and its probably the most annoying support character IMO.

Before all else, I'd reccomend you just play through the story mode before trying to build any serious decks. You're introduced to a vast variety of series, characters, and are given a much better feel as to how the game plays. Commonly try out characters you don't recognize, whether they be support or battle komas, and if you like them, great. I'm always trying new stuff, and finding new things I like. Don't attach yourself to any one character or deck, use a wide variety of battle and support komas, and different strategies and playstyles.

Also, anyone up for some matches? I seem to have gotten my Wifi working properly.

0731 0057 8054
    Gilder wrote:
    On that note, is there a way to make Light useful? I am determined to use him in my fights but it's just too easy for someone to defend against the apples. Since Light is such a bastard, I must use him and the apples of doom.

He's the Death Note support koma, right? Try and use him when the other players are duking it out, and are concentrating on eachother. Landing the apples can be difficult, be having even one hit while they're running around fighting eachother happens pretty frequently.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Gilder wrote:

He's the Death Note support koma, right? Try and use him when the other players are duking it out, and are concentrating on eachother. Landing the apples can be difficult, be having even one hit while they're running around fighting eachother happens pretty frequently.
    Yeah, he's Death Note. Before I delve into seriously making him work I'm going to get more characters but the other problem is that not only can the apples be defended against, but once they appear, they can't move and they just drop straight down. I need some way to not only stop them from defending but I need to keep them from moving..... Does Yugi's swords of light do that? I seem to remember the swords doing that so if I could time it, I could have the apples hit when the swords are just about to go away and then I just wait 10 seconds while smiling crazily like Light :twisted:

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Gilder wrote:
    Gilder wrote:

Yeah, he's Death Note. Before I delve into seriously making him work I'm going to get more characters but the other problem is that not only can the apples be defended against, but once they appear, they can't move and they just drop straight down. I need some way to not only stop them from defending but I need to keep them from moving..... Does Yugi's swords of light do that? I seem to remember the swords doing that so if I could time it, I could have the apples hit when the swords are just about to go away and then I just wait 10 seconds while smiling crazily like Light :twisted:

Not really worth the trouble.

[spoiler:cdbc80af3b]The judgement effect caused by the apples can be cancelled out by most status effects. So if you're afflicted by judgement, you just have to break boxes until you find a mushroom, pepper, or a few other things, and judgement goes away in favor of the new effect. Though you can take advantage of your opponent not knowing this little quirk to judgement, so if you find an easy, efficient away to force them to be hit by the apples feel free to try it out.[/spoiler:cdbc80af3b]

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Gilder wrote:
    Gilder wrote:

Not really worth the trouble.

[spoiler:48d4b2629e]The judgement effect caused by the apples can be cancelled out by most status effects. So if you're afflicted by judgement, you just have to break boxes until you find a mushroom, pepper, or a few other things, and judgement goes away in favor of the new effect. Though you can take advantage of your opponent not knowing this little quirk to judgement, so if you find an easy, efficient away to force them to be hit by the apples feel free to try it out.[/spoiler:48d4b2629e]
    Dang. Maybe I'll use L, Mello, or Near. I could probably use Light against my friends as long as I don't tell them that little piece of information.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well I'm on. Got a new deck to test out.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    optical wrote:

Really trial and error to find who's good and who's not, I've spent a lot of time in deck construction. But I do also recommend playing some random online matches, you'll learn a lot from that.

I've made a short list of support characters that I use over in the discussion thread. That guy with the giant duck is Katsura from the series Gintama (the icon is a head of a white dog), he's a 3 koma in the shape of a 7.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

I'm up for some matches. Want me to make a room?

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Sure. I'm on right now.

Actually while I'm waiting... what does the on/off over the friend match icon online do?

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Sure. I'm on right now.

:|

Damn, I can't see you. Have you added my friend code yet?

It's 0731 0057 8054

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Sure. I'm on right now.

It's 0731 0057 8054

Yea I added it earlier. I tried to add it again and assumeably got the "this person has already been added" message.

Edit: I can try hosting to see if thats any better.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

Sure. I'm on right now.

It's 0731 0057 8054

Yea I added it earlier. I tried to add it again and assumeably got the "this person has already been added" message.

Edit: I can try hosting to see if thats any better.

Yeah, please host a match.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Ok... I'm now hosting.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Ok... I'm now hosting.

Well shit, I still can't see the room. I have no idea what's wrong.

EDIT:Finally discovered the problem. We had a power outage the other day, and afterwards I had to reset my wireless router and reset my in-game connection, which also gave me a new friend code. My friend code is now,

0602 1641 6694

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I did my best to enjoy JSS, but the sheer amount of Japanese Text is overwhelming, so unfortunately that was $50 blown. :(

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well I'm still around if you wanna try another game. Hosting now....

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Good games Strider. That SogeKing deck is annoying as fuck, and the Ultimate Muscle/Seiya combo does do huge damage, but you focus way too much attention upon landing it. Is Don Patch's missile attack a super or what? You use it like 10 times at the start of every match he's in.

My decks need a bit more variety, I use too many of the same characters, I'll be making a whole bunch of new decks soon.

And again, anyone who has added/wants to add me, my new new friend code is,

0602 1641 6694

Could you change it to this in the OP, Zython?

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Good games Strider. That SogeKing deck is annoying as fuck, and the Ultimate Muscle/Seiya combo does do huge damage, but you focus way too much attention upon landing it. Is Don Patch's missile attack a super or what? You use it like 10 times at the start of every match he's in.

The Sogeking was my new one I wanted to test. Looks like it tested well. I might replace Sanji with Sakura's humor block... her downward punch is really good. Ultimate Muscle/Seiya one I focus on the combo because, well, he's the only character in the deck. Also the form of him that I'm using pretty much only has the jump upward super, so its really hard fight without it. The 5 koma Don Patch missle attack is a special... I start the game with 8 bars.

Good games. I really dislike that Fist of the North Star guy though. His little orb move is annoying. When I used Sakura or Hiei's down attack on him they went through him then took damage.

I'm really liking the help komas that give triple jump and air dash. It makes even slow characters speed demons.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006

The Sogeking was my new one I wanted to test. Looks like it tested well. I might replace Sanji with Sakura's humor block... her downward punch is really good. Ultimate Muscle/Seiya one I focus on the combo because, well, he's the only character in the deck. Also the form of him that I'm using pretty much only has the jump upward super, so its really hard fight without it. The 5 koma Don Patch missle attack is a special... I start the game with 8 bars.

Good games. I really dislike that Fist of the North Star guy though. His little orb move is annoying. When I used Sakura or Hiei's down attack on him they went through him then took damage.

I'm really liking the help komas that give triple jump and air dash. It makes even slow characters speed demons.

Isn't the Sogeking deck incredibly boring to use? It's certainly boring to play against. The whole match spent on an easily blockable combo. No offense, but playing against decks that focus entirely upon a single move or combo isn't fun at all for me. Too often do you do just that, it's extremely inefficient and is extremely annoying. While having your characters work together well is important, taking it to the extreme of tranfixing yourself upon one attack or chain of attacks kills the fun of the game.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Isn't the Sogeking deck incredibly boring to use? It's certainly boring to play against. The whole match spent on an easily blockable combo. No offense, but playing against decks that focus entirely upon a single move or combo isn't fun at all for me. Too often do you do just that, it's extremely inefficient and is extremely annoying. While having your characters work together well is important, taking it to the extreme of tranfixing yourself upon one attack or chain of attacks kills the fun of the game.

Yea. Its also the first time I've used it. Franky is a good character on his own but I don't seem to play as Sanji very well so I've switched him for Sakura. Using Sogeking is something that I've been messing with and he is nearly useless due to the long charge time on his attack, so in order to land the attack I needed an attack that would distract the enemy long enough for him to fire. Franky's spark attack is that attack.

Of course I used the combo as much as possible though. I'd never used the combo on a human player before and I wanted to see how well it would work.

My favorite characters to play as are Sakura, Hiei, and Don Patch as I can fight entire matches with them without using a special. I need to focus on characters with projectiles... they seem to always take me out.

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Anyone want to play right now? I can school you with my Kakashi.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Anyone want to play right now? I can school you with my Kakashi.

Umm... Sure. Logging on now.

edit: still hosting...

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Ok my Zoro is way better than I thought it would be.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Good games.

My only advice is ditch Sogeking, he's not worth it. You managed to hit me with him all of two times.

I need to make a Zoro/Kakashi deck.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Good games. I like Sakura.

That Hitsaguya assist is nasty. If it hit you when you're falling off the stage you are done for.
    My only advice is ditch Sogeking

o_O What get rid of the King of Snipers?! NEVAH!

StriderEdge on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I know I know, Sogeking is pretty awesome, but he's just not practical.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Anyone wanna play?

LightReaper on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    I'm up for some JUS.

Give me a buzz.

mikecantype on