As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] The Horde Employs Cylon Paladins!

1585960616264»

Posts

  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hey, that's pretty retarded right there, Dis. Maybe you should travel back in time and tell your father not to have sex with his sister who is also your mother, perhaps then you could stop yourself from saying stupid shit like that.

    reVerse on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    hey dis

    we use english on this board

    it's spelled 'because'

    ronzo on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dis wrote: »
    Sorry your arguement fail.
    Becos for DPS and Healers, it takes as much skill doing a 5 man instance as with doing a raid.
    Esp for Healers who just stand behind and spam heals.

    lol post on ur main

    I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I wouldn't say that raiding is ever especially challenging in terms of player ability, especially when compared to the grand scheme of video games in general. That said, most of my raiding was done in MC, so that's obviously colored some of my perceptions. Still, I wouldn't call anything I did in Naxx (cleared three wings with my guild, twice, before I lost interest in raiding) particularly challenging, you just need to know your rotations, know what the boss can do, and be paying attention. That said, if your DPS or your Healers or your Tank, or more than one or two people in your raid are terrible fights can become very hard to beat or impossible.

    To me WoW has doesn't have a very high skill ceiling, but has an amazingly low skill floor in many aspects of the game. (ie, to be as good as you can be isn't that hard, but, in a lot of aspects of the game you can get away with being quite terrible and make decent progress).

    Of course, I also PvP mainly and that makes me biased as well.

    Inquisitor on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    After BC raiding is pretty much easy mode now as we all know.

    And grats showing your retarded attitude.

    (Thank you for the infraction for pointing out others retarded attitude instead of making personal attacks.)

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You can't call most of what happens in Naxx raiding.

    There's a reason why this season is still on track to see more gladiators than Alone in the Darkness. There's also a reason why so many of the people in a position to get gladiator are also in a position to get Alone in the Darkness.

    Hevach on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hevach wrote: »
    You can't call most of what happens in Naxx raiding.

    There's a reason why this season is still on track to see more gladiators than Alone in the Darkness. There's also a reason why so many of the people in a position to get gladiator are also in a position to get Alone in the Darkness.

    I can't really argue with you, as I have to concede ignorance on the matter of Ulduar raiding. Though, I have to wonder if it is a matter of time and gear that is preventing people from getting alone in the darkness, and if it is indeed a matter of skill, I must inquire as to what makes Ulduar so much more challenging than previous raids, as this intrigues me.

    Inquisitor on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    You can't call most of what happens in Naxx raiding.

    There's a reason why this season is still on track to see more gladiators than Alone in the Darkness. There's also a reason why so many of the people in a position to get gladiator are also in a position to get Alone in the Darkness.

    I can't really argue with you, as I have to concede ignorance on the matter of Ulduar raiding. Though, I have to wonder if it is a matter of time and gear that is preventing people from getting alone in the darkness, and if it is indeed a matter of skill, I must inquire as to what makes Ulduar so much more challenging than previous raids, as this intrigues me.
    Especially in Yogg+0's case, there are a lot of mechanics in the fight meant to overwhelm a group if they are not all performing exceptionally. In Naxx you could easily do most of the fights understaffed and only ever had to contend with enrage timers, but that's the least of your problems in a lot of Ulduar fights.

    Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Well, maybe I'll give raiding another look once I get my new horde main leveled and geared up for PvP. I sort of wrote raiding off as a bore because of Naxx but, I trust you guys and what you guys are saying sounds interesting enough to check out.

    Inquisitor on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    In Naxx, there were very few fights that combined heavy movement/situational awareness with a high DPS requirement. and those that did, did so in a very simple manner. Thaddius, for example. All you had to do was move a little from place to place based on a buff you had, and people had trouble with that.

    Every fight in Ulduar has movement, and the more difficult ones combine other things with it.

    Dhalphir on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dis wrote: »
    The only people with skill are Tanks who have to memorize all the boss fight tanking patterns.

    Except for the part where everyone has to remember boss encounters because there's this thing called "AoE" that can fuck everyone. Or other special events not common to "tank & spank." Shit, I have probably the least raiding experience among everyone here (I ran ZG a bunch of times, and I did Kara once!) and I know this.

    Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying it takes a grand amount of skill and only the best of the best get things done. People waste time arguing about WoW being a game of skill or not anyway.

    It's a game of attentiveness.

    Henroid on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Stop acting like children.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    Back to the actual topic, reading the GC post in context does make me think that there are 31 boss fights since he says that the ToC raid has 5 bosses.

    Which makes me believe that there might be different bosses in there for hard mode and normal mode. I can't imagine designing an instance for hard AND normal mode with 31 encounters.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Either that or they've just gone balls to the wall insane with the amount of stuff in Icecrown so it fill the gap until the next expansion without any raids afterwards.

    So it will be Black Temple with Sunwell built in.

    -SPI- on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Either that or they've just gone balls to the wall insane with the amount of stuff in Icecrown so it fill the gap until the next expansion without any raids afterwards.

    So it will be Black Temple with Sunwell built in.

    I'm thinking this. I bet Arthas will ultimately end up as cataclysm raid content.

    Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I don't get where you find the reasoning for that statement.

    Why would the entire focus of the expansion be the Lich King if you don't get to fight him in the expansion?

    Plus you completely misinterpreted the post you quoted.

    Dhalphir on
  • BikkstahBikkstah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Don't look so smug. Icecrown Citadel was merely a setback.

    Bikkstah on
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I hope you don't actually kill Arthas, just drive him back for the time being. He's too great to be wiped out like some little bitch. He should be the Final Fantasy boss of WoW. No matter how many times you think you've killed him, he shows up to fuck your shit up later. Yes, I'm looking at you Seymour!

    EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    EWom wrote: »
    I hope you don't actually kill Arthas, just drive him back for the time being. He's too great to be wiped out like some little bitch. He should be the Final Fantasy boss of WoW. No matter how many times you think you've killed him, he shows up to fuck your shit up later. Yes, I'm looking at you Seymour!

    Oh God, it's Illidan all over again. Should we tell him guys?

    Henroid on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    I hope you don't actually kill Arthas, just drive him back for the time being. He's too great to be wiped out like some little bitch. He should be the Final Fantasy boss of WoW. No matter how many times you think you've killed him, he shows up to fuck your shit up later. Yes, I'm looking at you Seymour!

    Oh God, it's Illidan all over again. Should we tell him guys?

    Maybe you're thinking of Kael'thas?

    Illidan died, and stayed dead. Until next reset, of course.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I am awaiting to see how Diablo 3 will affect WoW next year.

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    no, no, no, no, I mean literally like a FFX bosses, you're walking down a path questing "OH FUCK AN ARTHAS RAID!" go into an inn, when you come out "SHIT ANOTHER ARTHAS RAID!", just skinned a tiger, look who popped up behind you.. that's right Arthas! He should prepetually be in the corner of everyones screen in Northrend, hiding behind bushes and shit. Oh! A mining node! Nope Arthas wants to be raided first!

    EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    End wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    EWom wrote: »
    I hope you don't actually kill Arthas, just drive him back for the time being. He's too great to be wiped out like some little bitch. He should be the Final Fantasy boss of WoW. No matter how many times you think you've killed him, he shows up to fuck your shit up later. Yes, I'm looking at you Seymour!

    Oh God, it's Illidan all over again. Should we tell him guys?

    Maybe you're thinking of Kael'thas?

    Illidan died, and stayed dead. Until next reset, of course.

    I meant the "I hope you don't kill ______ " stuff. Remember when people said that about Illidan?

    Henroid on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh, right, right.

    I think Blizzard might have even said we wouldn't get to kill Illidan, but I'm not really sure. It was either a misunderstood comment, or they changed their minds.

    End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Fuck that. I want to kill Arthas. My own self.

    captaink on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I bet if you type "Illidan music video" on YouTube the first thing that'll come up is Linkin Park.

    Henroid on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    I bet if you type "Illidan music video" on YouTube the first thing that'll come up is Linkin Park.

    Quite the opposite.


    (though i was pretty disappointed that the result was not Linkin Park)

    I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    End wrote: »
    Oh, right, right.

    I think Blizzard might have even said we wouldn't get to kill Illidan, but I'm not really sure. It was either a misunderstood comment, or they changed their minds.

    The players -don't- kill him. Maiev Shadowsong performs the killing blow.

    Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They can always bring him back as an Undead.
    Or maybe he simply fake his death like those Dread Lords.

    Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    Back to the actual topic, reading the GC post in context does make me think that there are 31 boss fights since he says that the ToC raid has 5 bosses.

    Which makes me believe that there might be different bosses in there for hard mode and normal mode. I can't imagine designing an instance for hard AND normal mode with 31 encounters.

    He's probably counting normal / hard as two seperate bosses.

    I mean...31 boss fights would be a huge fucking patch.

    ....

    Unless the instance is 31 pulls, and every pull is a boss...and there is no trash.

    _J_ on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Unless the instance is 31 pulls, and every pull is a boss...and there is no trash.
    AoE Van Cleef pull!

    815165 on
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    _J_ wrote: »
    Back to the actual topic, reading the GC post in context does make me think that there are 31 boss fights since he says that the ToC raid has 5 bosses.

    Which makes me believe that there might be different bosses in there for hard mode and normal mode. I can't imagine designing an instance for hard AND normal mode with 31 encounters.

    He's probably counting normal / hard as two seperate bosses.

    I mean...31 boss fights would be a huge fucking patch.

    ....

    Unless the instance is 31 pulls, and every pull is a boss...and there is no trash.

    He said that ToC raid had 5 bosses in the same post, that's what I'm using as a barometer.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2009
    815165 wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Unless the instance is 31 pulls, and every pull is a boss...and there is no trash.
    AoE Van Cleef pull!

    Ahahahahaha

    The AoE Van Cleef pull had me in stitches.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I've been at this vendor for two hours (idle in WoW, doing other shit in the meanwhile) and the plans for the heavy scorpid bracers haven't shown up in his inventory yet. But the plans for the helmet have. Twice.

    Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I do believe the servers are now shitting themselves.

    Henroid on
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Aaaand now the '31 bosses' bit might have been a bad joke by GC:
    GC wrote:
    I was the person who set the original Kill Yogg achievement to 22 minutes too. Just sayin'.

    Heck, the IC trash is mostly Kael pulls. Different long speech for each one too.

    Halfmex on
This discussion has been closed.