As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I saw a mudcrab crying "Vengeance!", you N'Wah!

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    august wrote: »
    Glad to see they got that fixed. Of course I hardly use any mods at all, mainly just the official ones off Bethesda's site and MGE and now Tamriel Rebuilt.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anybody know any good Oblivion visual mods I can download before I lose my internet tomorrow?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Natural Environments is really sexy.

You have to live with the fact that you'll never find the loot that enemies who die outside drop, but it's a small price to pay.

Cilla Black on
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So only because I just received my 24" widescreen LCD am I going to post some wonderful new Morrowind screencaps.

Oblivion what?

Spoilered for ridiculous breach of H scroll.
    MGE%20Screenshot%2012.jpg
    MGE%20Screenshot%2014.jpg
    MGE%20Screenshot%2015.jpg
    MGE%20Screenshot%2016.jpg
    MGE%20Screenshot%2017.jpg

:shock::^:

RabidDeathMoose on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dang, MGE has gotten a lot sexier. I think that might be better than Oblivion's own Distant Land.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    I really like the blur on the distant objects, while my ex-roommate would probably throw a fucking fit if he had to look at that.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited August 2009
    I think it looks fantastic too, I've still got to adjust the way it draws in objects, it's a little too close for me.

My ONLY gripe with it, is that in order to get that nice blurring effect on distant objects, it gets applied to the sky as well. Which is unfortunate because I think the sky in Morrowind is better than in any game I've ever played.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I installed this again earlier this week
    found out that a nude mod was somehow still installed (from better bods or something, iunno) when I took the clothes off a corpse and there was an uncircumcised penis sittin' right there
    so I made a naked Grace Jones that hops around with a bow and arrow. just killin' shit

but then I realized why I stopped playing it before
    motion sickness

edit: morrowind, it is the game I am referring to

natek on
    edited August 2009
    natek wrote: »
    found out that a nude mod was somehow still installed (from better bods or something, iunno) when I took the clothes off a corpse and there was an uncircumcised penis sittin' right there
    so I made a naked Grace Jones that hops around with a bow and arrow. just killin' shit

motion sickness

I would be so goddamn angry if I couldn't play Morrowind due to motion sickness. Do you know what causes it? I hear sometimes it is due to the framerate, refresh rate, field of view, etc., so if you're able you might try fiddling with those settings (via MGE or some such).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited August 2009
    Darmak wrote: »

motion sickness

I would be so goddamn angry if I couldn't play Morrowind due to motion sickness. Do you know what causes it? I hear sometimes it is due to the framerate, refresh rate, field of view, etc., so if you're able you might try fiddling with those settings (via MGE or some such).

all the elder scroll games, call of duty 4, classic doom, and grand theft autos cause it. I hate whatever these games have in common

natek on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    movement?

The Black Hunter on
    edited August 2009
    movement?

yes
    yes there is movement
    thank you for solving the mystery, THE BLACK HUNTER.
    I will avoid movement in video games from now on

natek on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    movement?

yes
    yes there is movement

just close your eyes, it might help

play it like Dare Devil

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    excellent teamwork guys

we are the A-team of video game problems

The Black Hunter on
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd check the refresh rates that those games play at. Maybe they share a frequency that causes it.

Regarding MGE, there was a pretty big breakthrough for it a couple days ago. Previously, nobody had been able to access the morrowind depth buffer, but a new technique was discovered and it's looking promising. Already there is a beta release of a depth-of-field effect, and it looks pretty spectacular. With this new information available, new shaders are now able to be created, such as SSAO and 'God rays'. The days of using the barely-compatible, sometimes rather sluggish ENBseries are numbered.

Some DOF beta screenshots:
    [url=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f386/vtastek/morrowind/screenshotspart09-2/Morrowind-
    MGE-thescamp.jpg]2[/url]

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    edited August 2009
    FlatEric wrote: »
    I'd check the refresh rates that those games play at. Maybe they share a frequency that causes it.

Regarding MGE, there was a pretty big breakthrough for it a couple days ago. Previously, nobody had been able to access the morrowind depth buffer, but a new technique was discovered and it's looking promising. Already there is a beta release of a depth-of-field effect, and it looks pretty spectacular. With this new information available, new shaders are now able to be created, such as SSAO and 'God rays'. The days of using the barely-compatible, sometimes rather sluggish ENBseries are numbered.

Some DOF beta screenshots:

Oh my god that looks amazing.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    movement?

yes
    yes there is movement
    I have friends who get some kind of specifically-designed armband made for seasick people to play games like this. They say it helps a lot, I'll try to find the actual name of the product. Chewing gum also apparently eases the motion sickness while playing to a decent degree.

Cilla Black on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    movement?

yes
    yes there is movement

you some kinda netch, boy?

some kinda lady netch?

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2009
    Once again Eric rolls in and brings the sauce!

That's a good thing too since I can't run or load ENBseries more than 3 or 4 times in sequence (say reloading a save or starting up the game) without it causing MGE to fail with the distant lands.

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    movement?

yes
    yes there is movement
    I have friends who get some kind of specifically-designed armband made for seasick people to play games like this. They say it helps a lot, I'll try to find the actual name of the product. Chewing gum also apparently eases the motion sickness while playing to a decent degree.

if you're talking about the armband I think you are, it's homeopathic and you can thank the placebo effect for its success

Charles Kinbote on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    movement?

yes
    yes there is movement

if you're talking about the armband I think you are, it's homeopathic and you can thank the placebo effect for its success

Oh, thanks Shank. NOW YOU'VE RUINED IT.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GUYS, HEY GUYS!
    guess what has two thumbs and just got oblivion.

VALVEjunkie on
    edited August 2009
    an evil wizard

The Black Hunter on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    nope, guess again!

EDIT: hey i picked up too many items and now i cant move how do i drop stuff from my inventory

EDIT AGAIN: okay i got it man they should have put a little popup in that tells you how to do that

VALVEjunkie on
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Man... Morrowind is neat, but it's got more clicking than Diablo 2

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
    edited August 2009
    That's at least a slight exaggeration.

but yeah, a lot of clicking
    especially if you go short blades

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB

Brolo on
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB

hit

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    edited August 2009
    3 dmg done to [strike]rat[/strike] cliffracer

RabidDeathMoose on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hope you were using a Jinkblade.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So does anyone else turn off the "only use a weapon's best attack" option. I find it adds at least alittle strategy into combats. Swords now encourage you to strafe, spears to constantly advance or retreat, and axes and hammers to stand still and take some damage just to deal out more.

Fire Truck on
    edited August 2009
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    So does anyone else turn off the "only use a weapon's best attack" option. I find it adds at least alittle strategy into combats. Swords now encourage you to strafe, spears to constantly advance or retreat, and axes and hammers to stand still and take some damage just to deal out more.

I mean, kinda, but combat still stops being difficult after an hour or two worth of gameplay. You have to try really hard not to become all-powerful in Morrowind/Oblivion.

Brolo on
  • BasicBasic Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm thinking about going through Oblivion again after I beat Fallout 3, since I am poor and I can't afford to buy another game.

Any mod recomendations?

Basic on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

I mean, kinda, but combat still stops being difficult after an hour or two worth of gameplay. You have to try really hard not to become all-powerful in Morrowind/Oblivion.

Yeah, if you go around collecting artifacts and remember everything about the game. I waited long enough to forget almost everything about the game and I am finding myself far from overpowered.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

Yeah, if you go around collecting artifacts and remember everything about the game. I waited long enough to forget almost everything about the game and I am finding myself far from overpowered.

also, since this is just a single player game, I don't ever feel obligated to make an optimized character. I tend to gimp myself so that I have to think my way around combats rather than become a shining god.

Fire Truck on
    edited August 2009
    Artreus wrote: »

also, since this is just a single player game, I don't ever feel obligated to make an optimized character. I tend to gimp myself so that I have to think my way around combats rather than become a shining god.

With Jink, Levitate, Summons, restore health items, chameleon, invisibility, various artificats, playing a warrior of pretty much any type, or alchemy (oh god, alchemy), it's kinda difficult to avoid. It's not like the combat system has a whole lot of depth to it in the first place.

Brolo on
    edited August 2009
    The metagame I play with Morrowind and Oblivion is how Godlike I can get.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited August 2009
    Well, I finally did it. I have completed Morrowind for my first time! Figured I should pop in and share. :^:

RabidDeathMoose on
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    congratulations!

now start plotting out your next playthrough

Typhoid Manny on
    from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
    edited August 2009
    Well, I finally did it. I have completed Morrowind for my first time! Figured I should pop in and share. :^:

Complete all the factions, now. :D

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on: